Gimme some of what they are smokin!

I'm thrilled with both first and third round picks, pick 2 is growing on me
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

This is the only team that can make fans feel like they just lost a huge playoff game in April.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I don't mind Reagor. He's a dynamic returner and has legitimate deep speed on offense. The Hurts pick, well....hurts.

Comment

I'm actually only teasing... actually when I look at the big picture, I'm kinda liking this draft. Little worried about Reagor and his cement hands but Hurts ( I kinda like what he can add to the O, I'm not thinking of him as a QB but as a versatile offensive weapon)) is really growing on me and I like the LB.

Comment

I don't like the way everyone keeps bring up the drops. Looking at the catches he makes, I wonder how many drops were passes he got his hands on that no one else would have. He catches everything with his hands and high points the shit out of everything and had like 5 different people throwing to him the last 2 seasons
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              I don't like the way everyone keeps bring up the drops. Looking at the catches he makes, I wonder how many drops were passes he got his hands on that no one else would have. He catches everything with his hands and high points the shit out of everything and had like 5 different people throwing to him the last 2 seasons
              You may be right--- hey, this goes on every single draft--- NOBODY, let me repeat, NOBODY knows how many/any of these people work out. that is why I refuse to waste any energy doing all this pre-draft crap. Cause it is nothing but a crapshoot! It happens in EVERY draft and has since the draft started.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                I'm actually only teasing... actually when I look at the big picture, I'm kinda liking this draft. Little worried about Reagor and his cement hands but Hurts ( I kinda like what he can add to the O, I'm not thinking of him as a QB but as a versatile offensive weapon)) is really growing on me and I like the LB.
                I'm more accommodating re: Hurts pick now too. Not sure if I would have done it at 53, but the team brass is sure about it, and there's no guarantee that he would gave been on the board later. The Taysom Hill-type role could throw defenses off balance and help the offense score in bunches. With Wentz, Ward and now Hurts on the field at the same time, there's three players who have QB experience who could chuck it downfield to a streaking Jackson, Reagor, Hightower or Goodwin.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  I'm more accommodating re: Hurts pick now too. Not sure if I would have done it at 53, but the team brass is sure about it, and there's no guarantee that he would gave been on the board later. The Taysom Hill-type role could throw defenses off balance and help the offense score in bunches. With Wentz, Ward and now Hurts on the field at the same time, there's three players who have QB experience who could chuck it downfield to a streaking Jackson, Reagor, Hightower or Goodwin.
                  I'm kinda looking at Hurts as an even more versatile Sproles. As I think about it, this must be the Eagles' thinking. They don't need another QB, and I don't think they want him as a QB (other than an emergency).

Comment

I have been pretty opposed to using the 2nd on Hurts, but given some time I will likely come around on it. I am also very pissed that we allowed the best receiver in the draft to fall to Dallas. I honestly don’t know how we will match up against that offense now.

All that aside, I just don’t get the Eagles thought process when it comes to a receiver rich draft, which is the exact position we most needed to improve. They pretty much took everything BUT a receiver after the 1st round. The value picks were rounds 2 & 3 and we ignored it until our 6th pick of the draft! I don’t understand how they can ignore the opportunity they had to help themselves like that.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

watched Driscoll against 'Bama, he looks like a really solid guy, Stoutland might turn him into a special blocker

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        I have been pretty opposed to using the 2nd on Hurts, but given some time I will likely come around on it. I am also very pissed that we allowed the best receiver in the draft to fall to Dallas. I honestly don’t know how we will match up against that offense now.

All that aside, I just don’t get the Eagles thought process when it comes to a receiver rich draft, which is the exact position we most needed to improve. They pretty much took everything BUT a receiver after the 1st round. The value picks were rounds 2 & 3 and we ignored it until our 6th pick of the draft! I don’t understand how they can ignore the opportunity they had to help themselves like that.
                        They got Goodwin.

Comment

Understood and it was a no risk move for sure. But that seems more like an afterthought than a battle plan. They made the move in the 6th round. The value picks were rounds 2 & 3 and don’t forget, Goodwin is 29 so we likely will only have him for a couple of years. The draft is young guys who can be here long term.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Part of the cupboard!!

Comment

Working...
                            X