Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got drunk. Didn't watch draft yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got drunk. Didn't watch draft yesterday.

After being pissed after day 1, I decided to skip the day 2 draft and drink heavily.

About 2 in the morning I looked at the sports news and saw that we drafted Hurts. Woke up this morning thinking I must have dreamed it all (nightmare). Nope. It was true.

I think am going to need to take a break from following Eagles FB for a short while. I am usually somebody that over-values the Eagles drafts. Not this time. IMO, this is the worst Eagles draft in my 50 years as a fan. Terrible value picks in the all important first 2 rounds (MHO).

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    After being pissed after day 1, I decided to skip the day 2 draft and drink heavily.

About 2 in the morning I looked at the sports news and saw that we drafted Hurts. Woke up this morning thinking I must have dreamed it all (nightmare). Nope. It was true.

I think am going to need to take a break from following Eagles FB for a short while. I am usually somebody that over-values the Eagles drafts. Not this time. IMO, this is the worst Eagles draft in my 50 years as a fan. Terrible value picks in the all important first 2 rounds (MHO).

I did watch the second round and wish I had gotten drunk instead!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

In reading about the players, I'm fine with the draft outside of the Hurts pick. Which is pretty glaring.

I don't think Reagor was an overdraft at all -- that is when those guys were going. Though it wasn't a higher-rated guy falling, either -- it was appropriate value.

Pick 53 was a gut punch though. Maybe he'll be required at a crucial point and Howie will have the last laugh, but it feels like the team trying to be way too smart again. Not exactly the same style QB if he has to come in to replace Wentz, either.

Comment

The more I am seeing and reading--- I am liking this draft really much more!

Comment

I saw over 200 great players in the last 3 days and there wasn't one of them that I didn't like. This year is going to be all screwed up anyway with the virus running its course. There were limited team visits, no OTAs and who knows what the season is going to look like if we even have one? Once we get the "all go" they will rush to get the season started and rookies will have very little time to prepare and make the team. Like the rest of the world this season will be a clusterfuck. It's really tough luck for these kids that just got drafted.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X