Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Entertainment

Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
12dickau4pres
Pro Bowler

12dickau4pres has disabled reputation
Default Do you have a problem with news coverage?

One thing that I've noticed, that has happened a while ago is the use of social media during news telecasts.

It doesn't matter if you watch national news or your local news they seem to want to go to their facebook/twitter page to give you opinion.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this, what do I care what random joe smith thinks about a subject? I'm sorry, THAT is not news. News coverage is reporting what is happening not giving me the musings of a stranger. I'd like my opinion from experts or people who studied a field.

I dunno, it just bothers me
12dickau4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg

Have you ever seen someone or you, yourself yelled, talked at the TV. This is just give those people an opportunity to vent. Also they're is a certain caché associated with social networking that media outlets really need to press if they have any hope in winning over the generation of people that are currently in the 16-30 range.

So, yeah I kinda agree that it's annoying, but I can see why they do it.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

Frankly, I'm sick of news in general. But I agree with dickau, i dont' really give a shit what a bunch of yahoos on facebook have to say about anything.

People as a whole are generally stupid. Why do I want their opinion on anything newsworthy?
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
12dickau4pres
Pro Bowler

12dickau4pres has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leifdawg View Post
Have you ever seen someone or you, yourself yelled, talked at the TV. This is just give those people an opportunity to vent. Also they're is a certain caché associated with social networking that media outlets really need to press if they have any hope in winning over the generation of people that are currently in the 16-30 range.

So, yeah I kinda agree that it's annoying, but I can see why they do it.
Yes, well those people should do what everyone else does, get a reality tv show or get their own segment

I agree with the cache, I have no problem if they want to post a topic and try to get peoples feedback on their site. It just doesn't have a place in a telecast. (and I do see the catch22, where if they dont put it on tv, then no one will go to their site)
12dickau4pres is offline   Reply With Quote