Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love all kinds of music and this was a favorite o mine growing up. My Grandfather was a professional musician so the big band standards and music from the 50's and 60's were always playing. This video brings two genres together for me and that almost always makes me smile.

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Here's another video that made me smile. I don't know how old this kid is but this is definitely the right way to wake up a kid!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday balto!

Comment

• Saw Star Wars Revenge of the Sith yesterday on Spike. Haven't seen in since it came out. Man, it's bad.

Comment

• Vodka assisted Rant on:

I recognize that I'm too old to attempt a fist fight, but if I was even 10 years younger, I'd make a serious effort at beating the shit out of Colin Cowherd.

I don't follow the NBA anymore. I DID watch the 6ers beat the hated (for me) Celtics Friday night at a friends house. They don't have even one elite player and they're not very talented but they've got grit and Collins has them playing good team ball. They won again tonight to tie the series at 3-3, and win or lose in the 7th game, they've given Boston all they can handle.

So why the hate for Cowherd? I don't listen to him much because he's such a front running POS punk who only gives props to the very top teams in any given sport, but the radio station that caries Dan Patrick (who I like a lot) wasn't coming in while I worked in the garage.

Cowherd was talking about the NBA and the Boston/Philly series. He took for granted that the Celts would win the series and that's OK. But he went on to draw an analogy between Celts having to slog through the 'laughably untalented' 6ers in order to reach the semis with Miami and Tim Robbins' character in Shawshank Redemption having to slog through 300 yds of sewage to reach freedom. In case anyone somehow missed the utterly despicable theme of his analogy, he spelled it out..."Yeah, I'm saying the 6ers are sewage."

All I could think was, 'WTF is the matter with this asshole'. I know he shoots from the hip, is often very poorly informed and delights in making humiliating comments about teams and cities that don't measure up to his 'standards', but that comment was just mindlessly vile and unfair...and totally unnecessary.

So, if I had the opportunity and could do so without legal consequences, I would take Richie Allen's bat and beat that vile bag of crap within an inch of his worthless life.

Is that wrong?

Rant over!

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              Vodka assisted Rant on:

I recognize that I'm too old to attempt a fist fight, but if I was even 10 years younger, I'd make a serious effort at beating the shit out of Colin Cowherd.

I don't follow the NBA anymore. I DID watch the 6ers beat the hated (for me) Celtics Friday night at a friends house. They don't have even one elite player and they're not very talented but they've got grit and Collins has them playing good team ball. They won again tonight to tie the series at 3-3, and win or lose in the 7th game, they've given Boston all they can handle.

So why the hate for Cowherd? I don't listen to him much because he's such a front running POS punk who only gives props to the very top teams in any given sport, but the radio station that caries Dan Patrick (who I like a lot) wasn't coming in while I worked in the garage.

Cowherd was talking about the NBA and the Boston/Philly series. He took for granted that the Celts would win the series and that's OK. But he went on to draw an analogy between Celts having to slog through the 'laughably untalented' 6ers in order to reach the semis with Miami and Tim Robbins' character in Shawshank Redemption having to slog through 300 yds of sewage to reach freedom. In case anyone somehow missed the utterly despicable theme of his analogy, he spelled it out..."Yeah, I'm saying the 6ers are sewage."

All I could think was, 'WTF is the matter with this asshole'. I know he shoots from the hip, is often very poorly informed and delights in making humiliating comments about teams and cities that don't measure up to his 'standards', but that comment was just mindlessly vile and unfair...and totally unnecessary.

So, if I had the opportunity and could do so without legal consequences, I would take Richie Allen's bat and beat that vile bag of crap within an inch of his worthless life.

Is that wrong?

Rant over!
              If you have a couple extra minutes,could you give Steven A(asshole) Smith the same treatment ?
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Listen, before you get arrested, make sure you knock Chris Berman whose stick expired 15 years ago into next tuesday as well.

Comment

• Was anyone watching CSN Philly the other night when they had a story about Demetrus Bell titled "For Whom The Bell Tolls"?

Comment

• Can someone hit Jerry Sandusky in the face with a baseball bat?

Comment

• looks like Hunter Pence already beat him up a bit,dude's ugly
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• did the individual game tix go on sale yet?

Comment

• I'm watching Conan O'Brien tonight when Jennifer Love Hewitt comes on. Now I've been aware of Ms Hewitt, or more accurately of Ms Hewitt's rack, since her days on the 'Byrds of Paradise'. In fact, her rack and the Hawiian scenery were the only reasons I watched the show. She never could act and while she's attractive, she certainly is not beautiful and were it not for her tits, she would have disappeared from view long ago.

Conan comments that Hewitt is reputed to have coined a new term...'vajazzled'...decorating the vaginal area with shiny material. Hewitt than proceeds enthusiastically to entertain us with the fact that she 'vajazzles' frequently and suggests that more and more women are trying it to 'spice' up there lives. She's even brought with her a little sample kit which Conan allows her to paste on his cheek.

All I could think was, 'What the fuck! Is there literally nothing too empty headed, self indulgent, and vulgar that it won't catch on with a large portion of the women in this country. (Men are not immune to fads but it's clearly the women who are most prone to immerse themselves in the fashion of the moment...seemingly, the more shallow and trivial, the better.)

I'll tell you, I was so put off by the hole idea (heh heh) that I had half a mind to catch the red eye to LA and savagely motor boat Ms Hewitt until she repented of her sinful ways, knelt down and sought absolution.

Comment

• Powdering up the moose knuckle...what's next? LOL!
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I'm fairly sure it was Hewitt who told GQ that she loves anal sex and recommended women try it because it gave a different orgasm than vaginal intercourse.

Comment

• Pictures or it didn't happen!
                                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                                X