Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 05-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
FearTheDawk
Pro Bowler

FearTheDawk has disabled reputation
Default C'mon Dmac..this is getting embarassing

From Bleacher Report:
Quote:
Donovan McNabb believes he did enough during his 13-year NFL career to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Speaking to TMZ Sports, McNabb said he should "absolutely" be a Hall of Famer and cited another notable NFC East quarterback who was elected.

"My numbers are better than Troy Aikman," he noted.
Linkage: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...an-troy-aikman
FearTheDawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
Pliny
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Pliny has disabled reputation

Shaking my head. Embarrassing.
Pliny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Come on guys, he was answering a question honestly. 5 should feel like that. He might not be HOF quality but he was damn good and the best the Eagles have ever had. Great athletes all feel like they belong. I can't believe how much people have turned on him since he left the Eagles. I'll admit that he does have a certain insecurity about himself though.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #4
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

60, I agree that he should think of himself like that but reality is that he is off the chart. Admittedly, Aikman had some great talent around him while McNabb did not however, even if McNabb was equal to Aikman talentwise, he was no where near him in ability to lead his team to winning. Not to say McNabb didn't provide some game winning drives but I know of no one who would compare his career with Aikman's. Personally I am borderline (leaning against) him even being in a HoF discussion.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:29 PM   #5
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
60, I agree that he should think of himself like that but reality is that he is off the chart. Admittedly, Aikman had some great talent around him while McNabb did not however, even if McNabb was equal to Aikman talentwise, he was no where near him in ability to lead his team to winning. Not to say McNabb didn't provide some game winning drives but I know of no one who would compare his career with Aikman's. Personally I am borderline (leaning against) him even being in a HoF discussion.
I agree with everything that you said ND. I'm sure McNabb doesn't see it that way though. The thing that I admired the most about Aikman was how he would hang onto the ball until the very last second and then squeeze in an impossible throw. McNabb did that a lot too. In fact 5 would make an impossible laser throw that would wow you. Incredible. Then on the next play he'd throw a wormburner. I think that intangibles got Aikman in too. He was just such a leader. Of course he had a much better surrounding cast than McNabb ever had so that helped. I really think the thing that separated the two was between the ears. McNabb was spectacular while Aikman was clutch.

Still, the hate that he gets I just don't understand.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #6
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

The best thing Donovan could possibly do is simply shut the fuck up. Keep your mouth out of the media. You made a hundred million freaking dollars. Stay home. Play golf. Whatever. Just stay out of the media spotlight. Every time you open your mouth you come off as a passive aggressive douch.

That said, even though their careers overlapped by a couple of seasons, they played in different eras. McNabb's stats were also inflated by the fact that he played under a coach who wanted the throw the ball 80% of the time. He was a very good player, but he's not HOF material.

Look Donovan, when the vast majority of fans of your own team don't think you're HOF, you're probably not. Let it go. You're not getting in, so STFU about it.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebreath View Post
The best thing Donovan could possibly do is simply shut the fuck up. Keep your mouth out of the media. You made a hundred million freaking dollars. Stay home. Play golf. Whatever. Just stay out of the media spotlight. Every time you open your mouth you come off as a passive aggressive douch.

That said, even though their careers overlapped by a couple of seasons, they played in different eras. McNabb's stats were also inflated by the fact that he played under a coach who wanted the throw the ball 80% of the time. He was a very good player, but he's not HOF material.

Look Donovan, when the vast majority of fans of your own team don't think you're HOF, you're probably not. Let it go. You're not getting in, so STFU about it.
There's nothing wrong with answering yes but he should have left it at that. There are many QBs with better numbers than Aikman that aren't in the Hall. It's not all about numbers Donny.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #8
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
There's nothing wrong with answering yes but he should have left it at that. There are many QBs with better numbers than Aikman that aren't in the Hall. It's not all about numbers Donny.
I think a big part of the reason why the city never really embraced Donovan was that they just flat didn't like his personality. Starting with the dirty thirty incident at the draft. He's just one of those guys that can't say "good morning" without coming across in an irritating manner. That whole passive aggressive, woe is me schtick just doesn't work. Of course I should be in the hall, I've got better numbers than Troy Aikman? You tell em' Donny Douchebag. That's pure McNabb right there. How about saying, "well, I feel I should get in. My numbers are really good, had some good success, etc." McNabb's problem has never been what he says, it's how he says it.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #9
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebreath View Post
I think a big part of the reason why the city never really embraced Donovan was that they just flat didn't like his personality. Starting with the dirty thirty incident at the draft. He's just one of those guys that can't say "good morning" without coming across in an irritating manner. That whole passive aggressive, woe is me schtick just doesn't work. Of course I should be in the hall, I've got better numbers than Troy Aikman? You tell em' Donny Douchebag. That's pure McNabb right there. How about saying, "well, I feel I should get in. My numbers are really good, had some good success, etc." McNabb's problem has never been what he says, it's how he says it.

And then there's Owens.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

This is why I never liked
Mcnabb. He was always just so disingenuous about everything. He was all about his personal brand. (That affliction hurt a lot of people in the post Jordan era, not just dmac.)

Remember this is the dude whose father asked for a financial apology. Apple. Tree.
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote