Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 07-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default Decent article, but scroll down to the bottom and check out the goal line formation!

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/0...uper-bowl.html
Old 07-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Vet Turf
Pro Bowler

Vet Turf has disabled reputation

The potential weakness in that goal line formation is whether Howard is a serious threat to catch the ball.
Vet Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet Turf View Post
The potential weakness in that goal line formation is whether Howard is a serious threat to catch the ball.
True, but he is a great threat to bang it in and is an excellent blocker. If they do throw it to him it's going to be a little bunny anyway. After all, they'll be down on the goal line. There's a lot of fire power there. I think that it might even be better with Sproles because nobody would see him behind all of those studs.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Pliny
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Pliny has disabled reputation

To me, allowing all those 4th down conversions was the story of the year. Most of those came with the game on the line and if they get just 1 stop it is an Eagles win. So frustrating.
Pliny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

Thx for pointing out e60. Loving that formation as well!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

That article pretty much reinforced, statistically, what we saw with our own eyes last year. The needed areas of improvement are obvious.

That said, that goal line formation is going to be a handful, provided they can get whatever Doug calls blocked. I think some of Wentz's problems in getting the ball downfield on deep plays was related to blocking issues.

I'm still not sold on Seumalo. They pretty much handed him the starting position, but I still think he's just another guy out there. And, they really need for Brooks to return to form. It's great to have all those wonderful skill players, but the line concerns me. If you don't have the line, you don't have shit.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:35 PM   #7
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Just can't wait to see some of the things they can do. I Aggie has become a versatile and reliable player. Instead of Arcega sometime I would like to see Aggie lined up on Wentz' left hip. You can only do something like that once or twice a year but I think it would throw the D into momentary confusion.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 PM   #8
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebreath View Post
That article pretty much reinforced, statistically, what we saw with our own eyes last year. The needed areas of improvement are obvious.

That said, that goal line formation is going to be a handful, provided they can get whatever Doug calls blocked. I think some of Wentz's problems in getting the ball downfield on deep plays was related to blocking issues.

I'm still not sold on Seumalo. They pretty much handed him the starting position, but I still think he's just another guy out there. And, they really need for Brooks to return to form. It's great to have all those wonderful skill players, but the line concerns me. If you don't have the line, you don't have shit.
That formation doesn't look so good without Brooks and I think that he's going to be on the PUP list along with Darby. Those are two nasty injuries to recover from with such a short turnaround time (November). Everybody in Philly is talking SB and we're down 2 starters before camp even begins.