Trade Proposal (Vote)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Proposal (Vote)

Lito Sheppard for Torry Holt straight up.

http://www.nfl.com/players/torryholt/pr ... =HOL771651
    Yes - Holt will give us the weapon we need finally
    0.00%
    No - Holt is 31 and he's a product of the Rams Dome
    100.00%
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Re: Trade Proposal (Vote)

I'll lose complete respect for Andy and the FO if they made this deal. It would be laughable in my opinion. Holt is NOT what we need - he's 31, and his best days are long behind him. We need a young guy that can play now and still grow with the team and be ready when Kolb takes over.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm feeling the same way, Juk.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's so funny the mentality that Holt's best days are behind him. He's averaged 90 catches and over 1,000 yards every freaking season. Last year he had a sick season with a pathetic offensive line and pathetic QB play.

Did he just wake up in January and he sucks now?
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Holt has been a great player for a long time. 31 isn't that old for a WR, he's got 3 very good seasons left in him at least.

Comment

yeah, i'd make that deal. Holt is still pretty great.

i'd probably rather make that deal for Roy Williams because I think Williams would complement Curtis and Brown perfectly, but if the Lions aren't biting, this would work.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Holt's gonna be 32 in June but still has 2-3 good years left.He keeps himself in great shape and over the last 5 yrs has only missed 3 games.He would instantly become the best WR on the team,don't forget that Holt was the reason why Curtis was a backup.Is he better than Brown,Curtis,Avant,Basket,Lewis? Hell yeah!
              If the Birds want to go for it NOW I'd do this deal in a New York minute!
              Stay put at #19 and take CB Mike Jenkins(USF) for the nickle,dime spot and allow Jenkins to return kickoffs.
              The other rumor has the Birds looking at Anquan Bolden but who knows? Seems to me that the idea of Williams & CJ are dead so Holt looks like the best option IMO.
              If we trade Lito for the 33rd pick,nobody compares to Holt who IMO has THE best hands of any WR in the NFL.Pen him in for 90 catches,8TD's for 2008.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

The other thing about Holt is that he allows Curtis to move into the slot where he belongs.
                Holt & Brown wide,Curtis in the slot,LJ at TE,Westbrook at RB,Donny Mac and a solid OL and alot of points would be scored.They should average 30 per game & with an improved D will win alot of games.
                If indeed the Rams are serious about this deal,pull the trigger Andy!
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I would trade Lito straight up for Holt in a millisecond. But then, as I just mentioned in another thread, my opinion of Lito's trade value is somewhat lower than others. Holt's only got 2-3 good years left but that's still a nice value.

Comment

I would say I think Lito has more value than Holt considering age & contract situation. Therefore I'd be reluctant to make the deal. If Holt is available, I'd rather trade picks than Lito for him.

Holt Last 2 years:

Indoor -
                    Outdoor - 5.75 catches/game, 57.8 yds/game, 3 TDs (.25/game)
                    Indoor - 5.9 catches/game, 84.2 yds/game, 14 TDs (.7/game)

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                      I would say I think Lito has more value than Holt considering age & contract situation. Therefore I'd be reluctant to make the deal. If Holt is available, I'd rather trade picks than Lito for him.

Holt Last 2 years:

Indoor -
                      Outdoor - 5.75 catches/game, 57.8 yds/game, 3 TDs (.25/game)
                      Indoor - 5.9 catches/game, 84.2 yds/game, 14 TDs (.7/game)
                      I think indoor/outdoor splits are more a reflection on how the elements affect QB play and the fact that for the Rams those are obviously all road games. Can't pin that on Holt.

Comment

It would be nice to know ahead of time who will be drafted or what other offers are on the table involving Lito but sometimes you have to subscribe to thinking that occasionally ignorance on fire will trump knowledge on ice.
                        So I say, knowing nothing else than Holt will make the team better more than the loss of sheppard will make it worse, that you would have to make that trade.

Comment

I would have said no to this trade 3 months ago. But, my fear now is that we will eventually get much less for Lito (like moving up 8 spots in the draft).

So, I vote YES.

Comment

Working...
                          X