OT: This really pisses me off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fly View Post
    It seems like we've gotten away from who the "goats" are in this story. It's not the people who want to celebrate their heritage/culture/whatever ... it's not actually the idiots (assuming they're just be idiots) wearing the american flag stuff ... it's the administrators for acting way overboard.

We celebrate St Patti's day here...no one seems to get offended by any of that stuff ... why should we be offended here? (except from the administrators)
    The administrators did go overboard. Nothing dumber than to give kids a reason to rebel. And to go overly pc on something to make people groan.

BUT... I think there's a double standard here. These kids wouldn't wear American flag tshirts on St Paddy's day to demonstrate their patriotism, would they? But yet, they decided Cinco De Mayo was a good time.

So I vote that both the kids and the admins are morons.

The only question in my mind is whether to tase either or both groups.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      So I vote that both the kids and the admins are morons.

The only question in my mind is whether to tase either or both groups.

When in doubt, tase everyone...especially if they're Cowboy fans.

Comment

Agree sf, there is absolutely no reason to be a dick. Unfortunately some people are and some play one just to get a rise out of someone else. An administrator who pulled the kid in and told him he was a punk, or assigned them to do a report on the differences between the US consitution and the Mexican constitution to be read in front of an assembly, or one of many other things would show more balls and teach a better lesson than making them change their shirt.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

"They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday."

Last time I checked, this is not fucking MEXICO!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

And it's NOT a Mexican holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

I've told this story before but during the Pats-Eagles SB, some asshole showed up to SB party and cheered for the Patriots the whole night. That wouldve been fine except he was a cowboys fan and only cheered for the Patriots to be a dick to everyone. Why even show up at the party if your whole intention is to be an asshole.
              Wow you watched that game with other people? I locked my roomates out of the apartment because I knew if things weren't going well for the Birds I knew I would liable knock out the first person who looked at me funny. I was literally changing my jersey every series during the game. Runyan for offense and Kearse for defense.

Rocky violated the code!!

in all seriousness, I agree with that code. Some things should be held sacred and symbols have power behind them.
              Plus it just looks tacky.

On a much lower scale, that's why I also object to bullshit green or pink or black or camouflage phillies hats. Phillies colors are blue or red. Don't wear a camouflage hat because it matches your outfit.
              That's just the Phillies trying to be the Yankees. Over the years I've seen Yankee caps in just about every color or pattern imaginable.

I suppose it would be acceptable to wear a pink team hat/jersey during Breast Cancer awareness month.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                Wow you watched that game with other people? I locked my roomates out of the apartment because I knew if things weren't going well for the Birds I knew I would liable knock out the first person who looked at me funny. I was literally changing my jersey every series during the game. Runyan for offense and Kearse for defense.

Plus it just looks tacky.

That's just the Phillies trying to be the Yankees. Over the years I've seen Yankee caps in just about every color or pattern imaginable.

I suppose it would be acceptable to wear a pink team hat/jersey during Breast Cancer awareness month.
                Not only did I watch with other people, I flew home from sf to philly for it.

I don't even think the pink hat is acceptable for breast cancer awareness. Put a ribbon on it. The NFL breast cancer hats were the ugliest things i've ever seen. Midnight Green and pink do not go well together. You buy a hat like that, they oughta give you a bowl of soup with it.

Comment

Working...
                X