No announcement yet.

Reggie brown traded to Bucs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know people jump on the Hank Baskett bandwagon. Remember the Birds flat out cut the dude. I see they are talking to him though.

Comment

True dat, though I seem to remember that the reason we cut Baskett instead of Brown, was because Brown's cap hit was too big?

And we cut him to make room for TDK........
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I do not want to see Hank Basket back on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          I do not want to see Hank Basket back on this team.
          For realz. Why are people under the impression that Hank Baskett was at any point a good player?

Comment

Because he had a couple of long TDs and has a skanky wife.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

HB was great on special teams and a good #5 WR at times. He had a couple of long td runs.

My guess is, if they want him back, it is because of the ST's presence and you don't lose anything at WR with Brown gone.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                Because he had a couple of long TDs and has a skanky wife.

Actually - I think Baskett was a decent special teamer (super bowl aside) and a terrific downfield blocker as a WR. But they did in fact cut him.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                  Actually - I think Baskett was a decent special teamer (super bowl aside) and a terrific downfield blocker as a WR. But they did in fact cut him.
                  I agree, but IMO that hardly warrants the amount of pining people on here do for him.
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                    I agree, but IMO that hardly warrants the amount of pining people on here do for him.
                    Agreed. He's just a serviceable body that knows the offense and can contribute in a couple of ways (and probably at a cheap rate).

Comment

Baskett is a guy that knows the offense already and knows the players. He may just have 2 or 3 more good years in him but we know he is a high effort guy. I say bring him back in and make him the 5th wideout and then draft a guy late to groom to replace him or Curtis because as we are all aware and I can't believe I'm saying this.... as long as Jackson and Maclin get their money which I think they will injuries aside we have 3 really good WRs and 1 to possibly 2 very good TEs.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm not sure who is pining away for Baskett, but is anyone really against bringing him back? Let's look at this logically....

We have our top 3 set already. Brown is gone, and Curtis may still be a question mark. Gibson would be the guy that took Baskett's spot, but we know what happened to him. There is room to add another fill-in / back up WR, and I really can't see the Eagles spending a pick of consequence on a WR in the draft. So.......
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh - i'm mostly against bringing him back because he doesn't help that much and maybe takes a spot away from a promising rookie. And 2) If I have to listen to that skanky wife of his tell the philly media that Andy Reid should play her husband more, I'm gonna go postal.

Comment

SF I was making that point to my misses the other night because she is one of those that watches that E crap sometimes. I really do think HB should be resigned and if he survives camp then great. But if I were AR I would bring Hank in and say I don't want your wife near the NovaCare complex or going on Philadelphia media and saying anything about football. Hank is a football player and wants to be on a team and likes it in Philly. I think he wouls say yes sir, and collect his $750 thousand bucks to be the 5th WR and gunner and that would be that. He is physical... you have to admit that.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Let's look at thing logically fellas.HB comes in as the #5 guy assuming Curtis stays.Baskett as the #5 guy makes alot of sense unless the Coaches really like Collins or Norwood.Drafting ANYBODY to play WR makes no sense at all. HB is a really good ST guy so why not?
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                                Let's look at thing logically fellas.HB comes in as the #5 guy assuming Curtis stays.Baskett as the #5 guy makes alot of sense unless the Coaches really like Collins or Norwood.Drafting ANYBODY to play WR makes no sense at all. HB is a really good ST guy so why not?
                                logically i'm not that opposed to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X