No announcement yet.

Schedule release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read that also. Didn't check all the teams but have no reason to not believe it. I don't think three straight road games happens often and it has to be tough on a team.
    But reality is that the schedule is the schedule. You never know what teams will be tough or what teams will have injuries when you play or what day the fog will roll in during an important game. The best you can go on is that the weather will probably be better in GB in Sept than it will in Dec or the knowledge that Dallas sucks.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

At least they'll only need to get on a plane once (for Miami on 12/1) after week 8. That's pretty remarkable.

Comment

Tampa Bay has a pretty horrific road game stretch including a home game in london

Comment

The Raiders don’t play at home for a 7 week stretch. 2 road games, London home game, bye, 2 more road games.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            The Raiders don’t play at home for a 7 week stretch. 2 road games, London home game, bye, 2 more road games.
            Maybe that is who I was thinking of. Thanks.

Comment

Ouch. That isn't three straight road games but I have to think that is about as bad as the NFL could do to a team.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I have no idea what you are looking at spurr

https://www.raiders.com/schedule/
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Week 3 - at Minnesota
                  Week 4 - at Indy
                  Week 5 - vs Chicago (IN LONDON)
                  Week 6 - bye
                  Week 7 - at Green Bay
                  Week 8 - at Houston

They play at home in week 2, Sept 15 and then their next game in Oakland is in week 9, November 3.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    Week 3 - at Minnesota
                    Week 4 - at Indy
                    Week 5 - vs Chicago (IN LONDON)
                    Week 6 - bye
                    Week 7 - at Green Bay
                    Week 8 - at Houston

They play at home in week 2, Sept 15 and then their next game in Oakland is in week 9, November 3.
                    WOW! Somebody should tell Goodell that Al Davis is dead.

Comment

Not a big schedule worry wart..... play who they put in front of you and play your best. Good teams, imm, do not need “HELP” via the schedule. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Generally I am in agreement however I do think there are some advantages/disadvantages to the schedule. Dallas playing every thanksgiving at home is an advantage IMO albeit a small one. So much so that Lurie threw it out there. I don't mind them playing every thanksgiving but it should be home-away-home-away. Playing one of your 'home' games in London is a disadvantage IMO albeit a small one. Not sure how they can make it an away game for both teams but I do think they can make a rule that every team will give one home game to London every five years (or whatever) so everyone has the same problem.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Generally I am in agreement however I do think there are some advantages/disadvantages to the schedule. Dallas playing every thanksgiving at home is an advantage IMO albeit a small one. So much so that Lurie threw it out there. I don't mind them playing every thanksgiving but it should be home-away-home-away. Playing one of your 'home' games in London is a disadvantage IMO albeit a small one. Not sure how they can make it an away game for both teams but I do think they can make a rule that every team will give one home game to London every five years (or whatever) so everyone has the same problem.
                          I totally agree with the above. I also think the league should make the bye weeks concurrent by conference so the entire NFC is off at once and the entire AFC another week. The teams come back to a conference game so everyone is on the same footing. This would eliminate teams from having to face another team coming off the bye. To be fair they should make the mid-season the “conference focus” point with one conference off on week 8 and the other week 9. The following year it reverses.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            I totally agree with the above. I also think the league should make the bye weeks concurrent by conference so the entire NFC is off at once and the entire AFC another week. The teams come back to a conference game so everyone is on the same footing. This would eliminate teams from having to face another team coming off the bye. To be fair they should make the mid-season the “conference focus” point with one conference off on week 8 and the other week 9. The following year it reverses.
                            Since when does the NFL do anything that makes sense? I was thinking the same thing yesterday as we've discussed before. They've got softwear for everything else. I'll bet if they ran it through the computer enough times that they'd probably figure out what a completed pass is too. Those cheap bastards most likely aren't paying a big enough salary to get a decent programmer.

Comment

Working...
                            X