There's a lot of activity up here at the 104 fighter wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a lot of activity up here at the 104 fighter wing

We have a National fighter Air Guard 3 miles from our house that is the home of the highly decorated 104th that is the home base for 18 F-16s and about a dozen Apache helicopters. We also live about 15 miles from Westover AFB that has just about everything. Anyway something is up because there has been heavy activity around here for the last week.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 09-27-2019, 08:17 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

That's not great news but my guess is we are thinking about lighting something up over in Iran.

It will get called a Wag the Dog war by the media to get eyes off this Ukraine back and forth. I know NoDak that you aren't a fan of the President but Iran needs to be knocked off its perch a bit over there. We need to blow up a strategic target or 2 IMO to make sure they know we are the boss... not them.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Could be 60 but also could be an exercise, inspection, evaluation, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see some action but the president has backed off a lot of his bluster. Syria used Chlorine gas in May and there has been no response. N Korea has been firing missiles and there has been no response. The response to the Saudi oil field explosions from the US was to go to the UN. The same one that was described as worthless by this president previously.
      I get the need to do something about Iran. However I will throw out that the dumbass started this engine moving. Now, I'm not claiming any inside info but I do know the entire world and our own intel agencies said Iran was in compliance with the treaty that President Trump backed out of. The only countries that didn't like the Iran deal was Israel and Saudi Arabia both of whom call for the elimination of Iran. Also two countries that Trump is firmly in bed with. Unfortunately we are in a position where we now have to do something although I don't know why it falls on the US to do something.
      I will tell you one thing though and that is that we can not go to war in Iran. We are still up to our ass with ISIS which I was told was eliminated (right). In fact someone, maybe Pompeo maybe Bolton, recently said ISIS might be stronger than ever. We are up to our ass with the Taliban in Afghanistan, people that have been fighting since pushing Russia out in the 80s. Still up to our ass in Syria where servicemen are still being killed and Assad is still using chemical weapons. And don't forget peace between Israel and the Palestinians is going to be easy (right).
      No I am afraid the great negotiator might be finding some of these countries aren't going to bow before him like he expects.
      And closer to home the retribution from the democrats is going to be horrendous when they do return to power. Heaven help us.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

At least Trump got rid of that warmonger with the mustache that is always ready to light up the world. He's koo koo. Hell, those Saudi's have enough money to defend themselves. Why the hell is it always us???

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          We need to blow up a strategic target or 2 IMO to make sure they know we are the boss... not them.
          I believe it was Saudi oil infrastructure that was attacked not ours. I'm sure those arrogant Saudi fucks would be glad to hold our coats while we "punish" Iran. They're quite used to paying others to avoid getting their hands dirty.

And if you think a serious/lethal military strike against Iran by the US will: 1) demonstrate to Iran that that we are their "the boss" and 2) more importantly, not be responded to, I believe you are mistaken. Iran's military capacity is not the shell that was the case with Irag and the hardliners in Iran will not allow the more moderate elements in the Iranian leadership slide without making a military response.

Be careful what you wish for. Unintended consequences can be a real bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            At least Trump got rid of that warmonger with the mustache that is always ready to light up the world. He's koo koo. Hell, those Saudi's have enough money to defend themselves. Why the hell is it always us???

Popper,
            I genuinely stumped. I'm drawing a blank on the 'warmonger with the mustache'? Maybe I'm as demented as Gail claims.

Never Mind! I thought you were referring to a foreign leader. The 'mustache' should have given it to me. Bolton always looked like he had a little of his most recent meal in that overgrown muzzy.
            Last edited by tinopuno; 09-28-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              Popper,
              I genuinely stumped. I'm drawing a blank on the 'warmonger with the mustache'? Maybe I'm as demented as Gail claims.

Never Mind! I thought you were referring to a foreign leader. The 'mustache' should have given it to me. Bolton always looked like he had a little of his most recent meal in that overgrown muzzy.
              He was always whispering in Trump's ear to "blow the bastards up." Actually he was quite vocal about it on news shows. The world would be gone if he was President. Even Trump had enough of him.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 09-28-2019, 01:23 AM.

Comment

TP: I agree on fighting Saudi’s war for them. I’m saying a very limited message.

That area of the world is quicksand. And I agree Bolton was too much of a Hawk as was Mattis.

You have to strike a happy medium. But you can’t sit back and let Syria gas it’s own people and Iran gain control or at least think it’s gaining control of the Persian Gulf.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  He was always whispering in Trump's ear to "blow the bastards up." Actually he was quite vocal about it on news shows. The world would be gone if he was President. Even Trump had enough of him.

The only war John Bolton would not be in favor of would be one in which he would be required to serve in himself. That's an attitude toward making war that was/is all too common among chicken hawks. A quick physical check would probably reveal that, in many cases, the biggest advocates of starting wars have the smallest missiles between their legs.

Comment

TP: I agree on fighting Saudi’s war for them. I’m saying a very limited message.

That area of the world is quicksand. And I agree Bolton was too much of a Hawk as was Mattis.

You have to strike a happy medium. But you can’t sit back and let Syria gas it’s own people and Iran gain control or at least think it’s gaining control of the Persian Gulf.

Agree on Syria. Assad is a soulless, deceitful monster who seems to actually take pleasure in killing his own people. He needs to be stomped on like a bug.

Iran, IMO, is a much more complicated and militarily dangerous opponent...both tactically and strategically. And you are correct, IMO, on the absolute strategic necessity of preventing Iran from establishing control of the Gulf. I'm strongly in favor of "Carrot and Stick" rather than all "Stick".

Comment

If the Saudi’s want to blow the shit out of Iran. Fine but do not drag us into another.... long drawn out war that PC’s (pussies, corporate America) won’t let us win.

Comment

We don't need their oil anymore therefore it is not in our national interest to be there. Let's just forget that part of the world exists.

Comment

Well I'm known as not a fan of the president but I have been consistent since long before the election that he is a piece of s*** person. I also have long stated my opposition to us being world policemen and that war is ugly. But just up and leaving those Kurds to be murdered is beyond a piece of s*** action. When ISIS (WHO WAS NEVER F'N DEFEATED) joins up with Al Qaeda and the rest to blow up Americans the blood will solely be on Trump's hands.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Nodak,
                            Trump giving a Green Light to the thug Erdogan was a shameful and dishonorable betrayal of our allies by a man without honor and incapable of feeling shame. The Kurds did virtually all of the fighting...and dying... on the ground in the battle(s) against ISIS. Estimates put the Kurds KIA numbers somewhere between 10 and 11 thousand. Because of their willingness to fight ISIS on the ground, we suffered very few casualties. They trusted that the Americans would return their sacrifice in blood by honoring our commitment to protect them from overt military action by Turkey. Weren't they stupid.
                            Trump's pathetically lame justification for telling Erdogan the US would not oppose a Turkish military invasion of the Kurdish controlled area of northern Syria was based on his campaign promise to bring our troops home, Later in the same week we learn some 3,000 of our troops are headed to the Middle East to protect the Saudis.

As predicted by his advisors, the situation has quickly turned into a diaster. Literally no one seems happy with Trump's seemingly impulsive decision except Erdogan...and of course Trump's BFF in Moscow.
                            Last edited by tinopuno; 10-15-2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Can't tell you how heartwarming it is to see Russian troops moving into US bases, THAT I PAID FOR, while our guys head south. Anyone heard of Vietnam.
                              I have no use for us being in Syria but I would love for someone to tell me how this is different from Obama leaving Iraq. And Obama left Iraq AFTER a freely elected Iraqi government was in place, on a date that was negotiated by the Bush administration, and after having tried to extend the date but was given no status of forces agreement to protect American Troops. While none of that was done by this adminstration
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X