First Mock Draft of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Mock Draft of the season

I had some time yesterday so I did a mock draft. Its early on the in the process but I think we have a chance to have a really good draft this year. I use Fanspeak for my mock similar.

1. Traded back from 21 to 27 with Seattle, Picked up a 2nd round pick for my troubles. This was offered to me by Fanspeak similar so I took it. Reality I would have taken a 3rd.

1. KJ Hamler WR Penn State - lots of talk of Henry Ruggs etc. I love Hamler game and he gives Carson a dynamic outside reciever to pair with Jackson at times, to pair with Jeffrey at times, to pair with XYZ. He is a dynamic returner to.

2a. Malik Harrison LB Ohio State - Quick when was the last time we took a linebacker above round 3? We need talent at this position, all the team left in the playoffs have have good to great linebackers. We have a 5th round pick who was a safety, a older vet and a undrafted rookie FA at the position.

2b. Raekwon Davis DT/DE Alabama- If he came out last year he would have been a first round pick. Had a good but not great year this year. We need to continue to get younger on the lines.

3a. Brandon Jones S Texas - Really would have liked to take a safety earlier but no value was there Jones is a solid safety who can replace Jenkins this year.

3b. Shane Lemieux Guard Oregon - Need to continue to address the lines. Depth piece with a possible starter in a year or two.

4a. Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska - No not that LJ, we need to add more depth at corner and guys who have solid technique. Jackson is a solid technician at the CB spot.

4b. Van Jefferson WR Florida - This is a deep WR class. Jefferson can play a little bit. Good size, height weight and good hands. Speed will be a factor at the combine, he could be one that sneaks up the charts.

4c. Trey Adams OT Washington - see Lemieux

5. JR Reed S Georgia - Don't think Reed will be there in round 5 but if he is take him. He can play at worst he is a core special teams player.

6a. Stephen Sullivan TE LSU - Yes we have Ertz, Yes we have Goddert but you always should be adding especially in a year with 11 picks

6b. Cam Brown LB Penn State - Solid football player who will be a core special teams player. He could progress into a starter down the road.

Overall I am not sure if the player rankings are perfect at this point but pay attention more to the positions. Multiple WR, S and LB is a key thing for me going into this draft.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

as a Penn State fan,I hope they don't take Hamler in the first round. I don't think he makes a good pro. Just little behavior things and the fact that he does well one game and shows nothing the next.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I keep seeing Hamler's name but honestly I don't know a lot about him. He needs to be either very big or very fast. Both would be good. You have to have an elite trait to be an elite WR.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Andrewaters, Hamler is VERY fast. word is he ran a sub 4.3 at PSU.
        Musicman, does he have some growing to do, sure he does, honestly I traded back because the receiver I wanted wasn't there in Tee Higgins and neither the safety from LSU.

I think Hamler is every bit the type of receiver Jackson was coming out of college. Why not have him learn from Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Andrewaters, Hamler is VERY fast. word is he ran a sub 4.3 at PSU.
          Musicman, does he have some growing to do, sure he does, honestly I traded back because the receiver I wanted wasn't there in Tee Higgins and neither the safety from LSU.

I think Hamler is every bit the type of receiver Jackson was coming out of college. Why not have him learn from Jackson?
          Big time WR class, not sure he's a first rounder. I have a man crush on a guy who is playing tonight. Etienne isn't at a position of need, but he has to be accounted for. We do need more team speed
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

We have a lot of ammo to move forward and backward in this draft. Awfully early to project a trade but I like the idea of getting 2 things... speed at WR and power at RB. We have the OL... or at least a good enough OL for next year or 2. I mean, would I like them to always spend a first or second day pick on an OL of course but unless you think Kelce is retiring this year than you can probably focus on skill positions on offense.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              We have a lot of ammo to move forward and backward in this draft. Awfully early to project a trade but I like the idea of getting 2 things... speed at WR and power at RB. We have the OL... or at least a good enough OL for next year or 2. I mean, would I like them to always spend a first or second day pick on an OL of course but unless you think Kelce is retiring this year than you can probably focus on skill positions on offense.

I've got to believe that Sanders is going to come back heavier in the spring AW. He may be able to fill the power back role too when needed. Of course if you find a guy like Henry someplace you just squirt all over yourself.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have been re watching some of the games from the 2017 season. Several things are evident.

1. The offense not matter if it was Wentz or Foles has more motion and power to it.

2. They didn't drop many passes

3. Jeffrey and Agholor seemed a ton faster than they were this year.

4. Having a power back is a must in this offense. So many broken tackles.

That said I may redo my mock a little more. I do think as Andrewaters pointed out a power back is something they need. I think Scott is Sproles, Sanders is Ajayi and we are missing a Blount type back. I do think that is what we are looking for out of Howard and maybe that is why they grabbed Holyfield at the end of the season

Comment

I think they need some help at WR, but I look heavily at adding guys to the back 7, we need playmakers on defense. I think Gerry and Edwards are a good start. How long have we been watching the defense have to be damn near perfect just to force a FG ? We need speed and athleticism to force three and outs, flop the field, and force turnovers. I really think that Jackson, Cox and Jernigan along with Rush, Ridgeway ,Hector or a draft pick will positively affect the DE production. We need a Simmons(Clemson) or someone with similar traits, to take away that short option when we get pressure.
                  We also need a true #1 CB and a 1A . This hope and pray on every down BS has got to end. If Schwartz knows he has 1 WR removed from the game plan, I believe there is so much he can do. Add another CB with nearly the same talent and IMO we are looking at a top 5 defense.

Comment

I’ve read Mike Evans might be available in a trade. TB supposedly good with moving forward with Godwin as their number 1. No idea what the return TB is looking for. I hope we address our secondary. I like trying Douglas at safety. I’d bring back Maddox, Mills, and LeBlanc. If Jenkins wants the moon he can go elsewhere. I agree with a power back. I was really excited getting Howard and now I don’t care if we move on from him. Also we need a speed receiver even if Jackson returns. I’m guessing this will be JJAW’s deciding year. I don’t see them being so patient like they were with Agholor. Who I hope goes somewhere, anywhere other than Philly.

Comment

Evans won’t fit into the cap. He is due 18.5 million this year. Unless they take Alshon back as part of the return I don’t think they can get him. Plus it’s time we develop a damn reviver ourselves

Comment

Healthy DJAX +Healthy Alshon = Problem Solved
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Evans has spent a rather large portion of his career on the bench, not sure you want to take him on

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Healthy DJAX +Healthy Alshon = Problem Solved
                            I have to say 60 I really can't see what you see here. I can easily see another 9-7 season with those two but I sure don't see the team getting back to a 12 or 13 win season.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

As for the mock; I'm big on WR, CB, a S and an LB. I'm not there to say who yet. BPA has to be front and center but with the number of places this team can get younger or upgrade BPA at a position of need should be easy. As for a TE-- eh, round 6 you take what you can but I would rather use that pick for a trade before a TE. I also don't have a problem with an OLineman or DLineman but he has to clearly be the best player available when you are picking. I'd really like to see 2 WR, 2 CB a S and an LB who are active on game day come out of this draft.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X