The main thing learned tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main thing learned tonight

Carson, this team goes absolutely nowhere without you. I hope Doug sits him down and tells him that he had damn well better get on the ground after he picks up yardage before he gets hit! No BS about how "competitive" he is. Dammit, learn how to NOT be so competitive knucklehead!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Actually I think McCown's performance after 5 days with backups as his weapons was awesome. I think McCown would do well in a short stint.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
      Actually I think McCown's performance after 5 days with backups as his weapons was awesome. I think McCown would do well in a short stint.
      He was calling audibles for Pete’s sake. I thought what he did was impressive. He was spot on and other times he was erratic. About what you expect. I think he could handle the ones in a short stint
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

.... but I hope Wentz plays all 19 games
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I am much happier with McCown as our backup, than any other option we have had up till this point. He can win us a few games, if Carson has to miss any time.

But yeah, Carson is our man. The poor guy needs to have an injury-free season for once.

Comment

Its hard to say they go no where without Carson based on the game last night. McCown looked pretty good to me. However the road will be much harder, like it is for most teams going from their starter to the backup (we have been spoiled by having Nick Foles)
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

He looked good to me also. Just remember that he was lighting up scrubs as the game went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                He looked good to me also. Just remember that he was lighting up scrubs as the game went on.
                he should do well in the division then

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  he should do well in the division then
                  LOL! Man JJ looked terrific didn't he? I love Ward and think the Birds should go 6 deep at wr. He would look fine taking Aggie's spot next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    LOL! Man JJ looked terrific didn't he? I love Ward and think the Birds should go 6 deep at wr. He would look fine taking Aggie's spot next season.
                    Agree with this, even if it means going light at LB or RB. Our 5th LB or RB unlikely to get picked up, and injuries always happen, creating roster space.

DL is another tough situation - hard to keep both Hester and Ridgeway, but I don’t think either makes it thru waivers.
                    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

JJ looked quicker than I thought he was

Comment

Working...
                      X