Observations Eagles Giants game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Giants game

Lets here it for the Practice Squad brigade.

Seriously how many injuries can this team suffer in one season.

1. Wentz was terrific down the stretch. He struggled in the first half but so did the rest of the offense. I don't know if people know how hard it is to play the position when you are without your top 5 wide outs, your 4 of the 5 running backs you started the season with. You offensive line is playing like dog doo. Its just difficult. Not an excuse but its almost like he has to learn on the fly with a bunch of players he has not had much time with. That is difficult. He started to figure it out as the game went on and that to me is the most telling thing of this game. That also should tell you just what we have in Wentz.

2. Boston Scott has some juice. Doug should be at fault for not involving him more in the offense. The thing that bothers me is he showed a little juice last year.

3. Greg Wards TD drop in the 4th quarter was the 8th TD dropped in the 4th quarter this year by this team. That is to me the story of the season. 8 drops on throws that hit players right in the hands. Now this is Greg Ward who was on the PS three weeks ago but still, professional receivers need to catch those footballs. Also, I know Booger know nothing said the ball was tipped, the replay said otherwise.

4. The officiating once again was terrible last night. Now I know there were not a ton of flags but its was the ones that were missed, the spotting of the ball on the Giants sideline was consistently off. The penalty that took the TD to Greg Ward off the board was simple phantom. There was nothing there to call on Brooks, nothing at all. The roughing the passer penalty on Williams was the right call but he should have been thrown out of the game. That was a deliberate forearm to the head neck area of a QB that was in the process of being tackled.

5. Speaking of the cheap shot to Carson, that seem to fire him up. However, I miss the days where guys would police this shit themselves. Williams knees should have been taken out at some point.

6. Jim Schwartz continues to boggle my mind. How can he be so bad in the first half, make a simple adjustment in the second half to play up on the receivers and be so good. Blitz's don't work when you play 10 yards off the receiver. Plus Mills and Darby play better as press corners than off corners. Play to your players strength.

7. The injuries to Alshon and Lane look to be serious, getting those this time of the year actually become two season injuries. Not ideal at all. Lets hope for the best.

Not sure how this season is going to play out. With the additional injuries last night I don't see a way of winning going forward. But as last night proved we just don't know. I know this it felt good to see them win that game last night. The team we had on the field at the end of the night was talent wise on par with the Giants so good for them winning it.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I advocated for Scott over Sproles and have stated I think he has some of the same wiggle. Now, I am fully aware he has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath but I continue to believe Scott will provide a little something here or there.
    Darby is a routine CB IMM. Overrated is now too harsh to say about him. Don't know if Schwartz tells them they have to or if Darby just gives some extra cushion on his own but it is infuriating to watch him 9 yards of and backing up on the snap to watch a guy catch a 6-7 yard pass for a first down.
    Team isn't clicking this year--just too many injuries and new faces. Coaching and play calling are questionable, ie Wentz getting his ass kicked until they use screens and short passes to TEs/WRs. That opens up plays like the end zone pass to Ward. Anyway, they aren't playing well and just don't have the winning vibe about them. They may take the div but they aren't playoff caliber
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

We ND I know that we've been calling for Scott for quite a long time now. I think that he just about carried the team in the second half, 59 rushing yards and 69 passing. He was flying last night.

Taz, I watched that pass to Ward and I really think that the ball was tipped. He's been a Godsend. What a bunch of crap on the Brooks hold. He was about a foot away from the guy when they called it. Brooks was dumbfounded lol.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        We ND I know that we've been calling for Scott for quite a long time now. I think that he just about carried the team in the second half, 59 rushing yards and 69 passing. He was flying last night.

Taz, I watched that pass to Ward and I really think that the ball was tipped. He's been a Godsend. What a bunch of crap on the Brooks hold. He was about a foot away from the guy when they called it. Brooks was dumbfounded lol.
        I slowed it down and it wasn't tipped. Either way ball hit him in the hands. Should have been caught. Have to say how many times have we seen those type of balls caught against us? I really don't want to blame Ward as the kid is doing more than can ever be expected. But the true reality is that its a drop and 8 td's dropped in the 4th quarter is a damning stat against this team.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          I slowed it down and it wasn't tipped. Either way ball hit him in the hands. Should have been caught. Have to say how many times have we seen those type of balls caught against us? I really don't want to blame Ward as the kid is doing more than can ever be expected. But the true reality is that its a drop and 8 td's dropped in the 4th quarter is a damning stat against this team.
          The announcers said that the Eagles drop rate was 5%. Hell I figured it was more than 10 the way this crew operates. Great to see JJW make that huge catch at crunch time! Sad when you have to use Perkins at wr but he did contribute quite a bit last night. Cox was nowhere to be seen. That's so rare. I thought that our D line would have a field day.

Comment

The announcers said that the Eagles drop rate was 5%. Hell I figured it was more than 10 the way this crew operates. Great to see JJW make that huge catch at crunch time! Sad when you have to use Perkins at wr but he did contribute quite a bit last night. Cox was nowhere to be seen. That's so rare. I thought that our D line would have a field day.
            A drop rate of 5% would mean they have dropped 24 passes. We all know they have dropped more than that. But those stats are hollow and subjective. Especially without context.

When I say they dropped 8 TD passes, those are passes that hit the receiver in the hands and he had a clear path to the end zone or was in the end zone. Like Ward last night, Ertz (2) the week before, Agholor against Atlanta, JJAW against Detroit etc.

8 dropped Td passes in the 4th quarter for a team that has lost 5 games by a touchdown or less tells the story much better. It also kills the narrative that our QB is not clutch and can't bring a team back. Its a team game and the receivers have to catch the ball. Like the did on the last two drives last night. Give credit to Ward, Ertz, Goedert, JJaw (who made a great catch and drew the flag) and Perkins. they all caught the football on those two drives and helped their team win the game.
            Also lets not forget to credit Miles Sanders who some labeled a bust early on. He had a helluva run on 3rd down right before the first Ertz TD to give them a first.

Comment

I forgot to mention how much Big V sucks.

Comment

I forgot to mention how much Big V sucks.
                So true however I will say it was as race last night to see who was worse, he or Peters. Peters had a poor game early on, played better later in the game like most of the team.

Comment

how the hell did we win a SB with Big V as our left tackle?

it boggles the mind

oh wait, we had speed and depth in so many other areas

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                    how the hell did we win a SB with Big V as our left tackle?

it boggles the mind

oh wait, we had speed and depth in so many other areas
                    They have to get him the hell out of there. How long do they have to watch him to know that he hasn't got it? I think that they should move Peters to the other side and let Dillard play LT and see how that goes. If it doesn't work out they can always go back to V.

Comment

I think Big V played left tackle in college and as we saw a few weeks ago that is a tough switch. I think he was a better LT than right for sure.

Man I hope Jordan Mialita can develop into a swing lineman that is versatile enough to back up a lot of positions.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        I think Big V played left tackle in college and as we saw a few weeks ago that is a tough switch. I think he was a better LT than right for sure.

Man I hope Jordan Mialita can develop into a swing lineman that is versatile enough to back up a lot of positions.
                        Let's just hope that he learns one at some point.

Comment

Working...
                        X