Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 always seems to find himself in hot water

Donovan McNabb: Nick Foles isn't a franchise QB

Former Eagles QB and Fox analyst Donovan McNabb is not one to shy away from hot takes, and his latest one is aimed squarely at current Eagles started Nick Foles.

This is how he responded when asked on 97.5 The Fanatic if he thought Foles was a franchise quarterback:

“I really can’t answer that at this particular point, but if I had to give a take, I would say no. I think what he will do, he won’t do what he did last year, that just won’t happen. I see him more being a 25 touchdown, maybe 8, maybe 10 interception guy.”

That’s a great rhetorical move, by the way. I can’t answer that question, but here I am going to answer that question.

Someone then asked Foles about McNabb’s comment, and the young quarterback stayed on script with his response.

“Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I haven’t earned anything yet,” Foles said after practice. “It’s a week-to-week thing. My job is to go out there and play to the best of my ability.”
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I would swear McNabb was raised in a fatherless home. I have only seen his level of passive aggressive behavior in men who were raised by their mother only (that is not to say men can't be normal without a father figure)...just that most poorly adjusted men lacked a male roll model. Can't figure out why McNabb is such a bitch.

Comment

This may also be a result of a "reporter" asking a question that if answered honestly creates controversey. I think most people agree that Foles hasn't yet made it to franchise QB status. We want him to be and he had 1 great partial year. This year will be a good test for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        “I really can’t answer that at this particular point, but if I had to give a take, I would say no. I think what he will do, he won’t do what he did last year, that just won’t happen. I see him more being a 25 touchdown, maybe 8, maybe 10 interception guy.”
        And, while I think he'll throw more TD's and Int's than that.......

Exactly what is wrong with those numbers?

I know he's just being a "shock jock" but he just comes off as a whining pussy.

Comment

I really don't think he said anything wrong. He basically said Foles isn't a star yet which the whole world agrees with. In fact it sounded to me like he tried to sugarcoat things. However, whenever he opens his mouth he gets blasted. He just has a knack for getting blown up!

Comment

I don't have a problem with McNabb speaking his mind, I just think he sounded dumb. He's not a franchise QB, but he's a 25 and 10 guy? Those are pretty darn good numbers for a run heavy offense.

He talked about not needing to take chances downfield ... uh, what? I don't know how much Nick threw downfield last year, but with only 2 picks, I wouldn't say Nick has a problem taking too many chances.

He talked about how the offense wasn't explosive, but also how Sanchez has looked better than Foles b/c now he has weapons. So they have weapons but aren't explosive? Generally those are linked.

He was just all over the place. I don't know why the networks keep trotting out former players thinking they're all going to make great analysts. There are definitely a few good ones, but I didn't find anything he said yesterday all that insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
              I don't have a problem with McNabb speaking his mind, I just think he sounded dumb. He's not a franchise QB, but he's a 25 and 10 guy? Those are pretty darn good numbers for a run heavy offense.

He talked about not needing to take chances downfield ... uh, what? I don't know how much Nick threw downfield last year, but with only 2 picks, I wouldn't say Nick has a problem taking too many chances.

He talked about how the offense wasn't explosive, but also how Sanchez has looked better than Foles b/c now he has weapons. So they have weapons but aren't explosive? Generally those are linked.

He was just all over the place. I don't know why the networks keep trotting out former players thinking they're all going to make great analysts.
              There are definitely a few good ones, but I didn't find anything he said yesterday all that insightful.
              Man, if Joe Theisman doesn't prove that nothing does!
              Last edited by Eagle60; 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I thought I read that Foles had more 20+ yard pass plays then any other QB last year.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post

He was just all over the place. I don't know why the networks keep trotting out former players thinking they're all going to make great analysts. There are definitely a few good ones, but I didn't find anything he said yesterday all that insightful.

Could it be that Donnie sounded dumb because he's just not very smart?

I was a big supporter of #5's play on the field and will always believe AR's stubborn adherence to the principle that his offense didn't require quality receivers cost us (and #5) at least on SB trophy. But I also was often embarrassed for McNabb when he spoke publicly. It was not a strength.

And he hasn't improved with age.

Comment

I pray to God every day that Foles isn't a franchise quarterback and throw 25 TDs and only 8 INTs every year. Hahaha.

Comment

I like Chip Kelly's answer to the franchise QB question. "I don't even know what that means. I guess we're a franchise and he's our quarterback so then yes, he's a franchise QB"
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        ...and will always believe AR's stubborn adherence to the principle that his offense didn't require quality receivers cost us (and #5) at least on SB trophy.

tino, it would appear that Andy hasn't changed his view on this. Here's part of the write up on Alex Smith from one of my fantasy football sites talking about the Chiefs WR situation.....

Smith could once again succeed this season as he gets more acclimated in Reid’s offense, but it’s going to be tough for him to duplicate because of his inflated 2013 rushing numbers and a lack of weapons at receiver. The Chiefs also shockingly did almost nothing to upgrade Smith’s weapons at receiver, leaving them with Donnie Avery as the #2 WR once again, so he’ll need a guy like TE Travis Kelce to step up for him this season.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

If 25 and 8 doesn't make you a franchise QB, does that mean McNabb was only a franchise QB one year?

He's such a dumbass. I'm sure NFL network will promote him soon. Or he'll get hired by ESPN.

Comment

No big shocker here. Donnie just continues to be who he always has been. Same guy. Just surprising that anyone wants to give him a platform for it.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Just terrible. I gotta agree Fresh, he's the same guy he's always been with the media. He's just not good at it. He never has been. Now, he's got a national platform to take passive aggressiveness to all new heights.

Comment

Working...
                              X