Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars Plan To Release DT J. Henderson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5136281

After using their top two picks on defensive tackles, the Jacksonville Jaguars are saying goodbye to the best one the franchise has known.
    Jacksonville will release former Pro Bowl defensive tackle John Henderson on Monday, according to a source close to the situation.

Henderson had two years and $11 million remaining on his contract, and Jacksonville felt more comfortable not paying it and relying on its rookies.
    With the 10th overall pick, the Jaguars selected California defensive tackle Tyson Alualu and with their second pick, Jacksonville took Louisiana Tech defensive tackle D'Anthony Smith in the third round.
    Henderson will be free to sign with any team.
    Before the weekend, the Cleveland Browns and New York Giants had expressed some interest.
    The Jaguars also withdrew their tender offer to linebacker Clint Ingram, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Kirwin used to say when Henderson came in the room he blocked out daylight.

I'd like to see the Eagles kick the tires on him. I'm sure he's not the player he once was but I'd think he'd still be a valuable 1st and 2nd down rotation guy.

Comment

Working...
    X