Ashley Lelie Video Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie Video Highlights

Video highlights of Ashley Lelie from 2005. The guy can really get some separation. Overall, I am pretty impressed. Also, he also makes a couple of terrific catches against the birds. On more than one occassion he had to stop and wait for the ball from Plummer. With Donovan's arm strength, I really thing Lelie would be a big asset.

Check it out and see what you think.

Pull the trigger Andy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-fan4k5 ... ey%20Lelie

two things I see

1) Lelie can catch the damn ball

2) Plummer sucks

Comment

BTW, I don't think that Lelie is a Pinkston clone. Lelie is no Hercules, but he seems stronger than Pinkston.

Both guys are capable of making some pretty spectacular catches.

Comment

Two things.

One, Lelie is better than Pinkston, I don't care what anyone says. Anyone who thinks Lelie is just another version of Pinky is nuts.

Two, he can really get deep. Rest assured, he's not going to be slowing up, waiting for the ball with McNabb chunkin it. A couple of those highlights would have been TDs with McNabb chunkin it.

Comment

I started salivating with thoughts of McNabb launching rockets to Lelie.

Comment

Perspective folks-- perspective--- it's why they call them "highlights".

So while I do appreciate watching his best plays, I do remind myself as to what they are. and that we aren't seeing the dropped ball reel or the no separation reel.

I'm sure even Reno has a highlight reel.

Not trying to be a buzz kill --- just a reminder about perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ekravitz
              2) Plummer sucks
              Hey, hey, hey! Take it easy on the ASU guys...

Comment

Yep - highlights. Youtube is great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeJHgmQexY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ZgmIH3MR8

With that said - everyone complains that Lelie is Pinkston. Is that all bad? Our issues with Pinkston are mostly mental. He takes plays off, he short arms balls and hates contact. Lelie is Pinkston in that he's tall, lanky and a deep ball threat. If you get Pinkston without the baggage - he may be a decent addition. I just wouldn't give up a ton for him.

Comment

Man, that super bowl highlight is kind of depressing. The score is 0-0 in the 2nd, the Eagles are driving, and you realize that they were a mere 3 quarters away from possibly winning a super bowl.

At this point in the game, I really thought the Eagles were going to win it all.

I still think the a Pinkston highlight reel would not stack up to a Lelie highlight reel. Pinkston makes some great catches. But, Lelie seems to rack up a lot more yards after the catch IMHO.

When Pinkston runs a slant, he usually gets easily arm-tackled. Lelie seems to have the capability to break free more often. There were several slant patterns and reverses that he broke into long gains.

Comment

I still remember Thomas Tapeh's college highlight film, it was damn impressive. I hope we get to see some of that ability this season.

Comment

Even if Lelie is like 105% of Pinkston at best, that's better than the 0% of Pinkston we're likely to get if those foot/leg injuries don't disappear in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                      X