Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old Sanchez

Mark Sanchez: 'Squandered' shot to win Denver QB job

The Broncos' question at starting quarterback remains unanswered, and both Trevor Siemian and Mark Sanchez exited Saturday night's 31-24 preseason loss to the San Francisco 49ers feeling like an opportunity to win the job was squandered, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com reports.

Siemian started the game, and the Broncos opened the night with a 10-play, 86-yard touchdown drive on their first possession. But after opening the game 10-of-11 passing, Siemian's 12th attempt was intercepted by 49ers safety Eric Reid and returned 42 yards for a touchdown.

"I just can't turn the ball over," Siemian said. "I made a bad decision. I want that one back ... that one bad play. Unfortunately you can't have one bad play."

Sanchez had just the kind of two-minute drive going that would get coach Gary Kubiak's attention, but he was sacked and fumbled deep in 49ers territory with 39 seconds left in the first half.

When the Broncos' defense forced a fumble on the next play, recovering the ball at the 49ers' 15-yard line, Sanchez let that opportunity slip away as well. On the third play after the recovery, he was sacked and fumbled again, this time with 14 seconds left in the first half.

"I squandered a great opportunity to separate myself, and put the team in a bad situation," Sanchez said. "No excuse for that; poor, poor quarterback play.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

'...but he was sacked and fumbled deep in 49ers territory with 39 seconds left in the first half.'

Kinda sums up his career. Doing well only to fuck up at the worst moment.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      '...but he was sacked and fumbled deep in 49ers territory with 39 seconds left in the first half.'

Kinda sums up his career. Doing well only to fuck up at the worst moment.
      I just saw it as it's being replayed on the NFL Channel. It wasn't horrible, but it was all so typical. In typical fashion Sánchez was on fire up until that point. A guy also dropped a TD pass the play before.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X