Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
    lmao!!!!
    I wonder what kind of a "special" person shows up on a site and gets chubbed up being a moronic fuckstick.

here's what I came up with
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      I wonder what kind of a "special" person shows up on a site and gets chubbed up being a moronic fuckstick.

here's what I came up with
      Perfect!!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Said it then and say it again--- Daniels was a terrible move for too much money.
        Glad he is gone (might be a great guy, just talking football here) never saw any value in him. Foles is a giant improvement IMM.

The bottom line is that if you lose your starter for more than a couple of games-- on most teams -- your season is sorta shot anyhow. So having SOME confidence in the # 2 is a lot better than having none in your #2, which I didn't.

Comment

I'm sure Daniels would have done a decent job if he had to this year. We just didn't have any time to warm up to him. Nick was a good QB for us in the past and is one of the good guys in the NFL. Nice to see him back. I hope we end up getting some cap room out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            I keep seeing news stories referring to Daniels signing as "a mistake" and I totally disagree. They brought him in as a mentor player to help teach a young QB while Bradford played. We ended up with a kid who played earlier than we expected and did so at a very high level. Whatever the cap impact was for that year we certainly saw the benefit in Wentz's performance. We have no idea how much of that came from working with Chase, but at the end of the day I'm thrilled with Wentz at this stage of his development. What influence Daniels had on him it was worth the price for a year. We may have lost Logan because of it, but e will have the benefit of a skilled and confident Wentz for many years. I wouldn't change anything we did last year.
            I'm with this line of thinking. He knew Dougs offense, he didn't have an issue with being the backup, he embraced being a mentor and the overblown salary was to pay for that. His job is done, Wentz is ready and Daniels was paid handsomely for his experience.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Bottom line is we have no idea how much cap relief they got. As we have seen time and time again any reports on the salary cap have been wrong. So much so that overthecap had to on the fly change the Eagles cap from 174 to 179. No way Howie caved to Daniels demand without coming out with something.
              Yea, just going on report that the birds absorbed 7 mil hit and may get some relief if he signs somewhere else. Of course I can wait to hear the report the birds recouped the cap hit but my guess is they let him go and hope he signs somewhere.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Yea, just going on report that the birds absorbed 7 mil hit and may get some relief if he signs somewhere else. Of course I can wait to hear the report the birds recouped the cap hit but my guess is they let him go and hope he signs somewhere.
                Already this morning ESPN is reporting the Eagles worked out a deal with Daniels that will gain them more than the offset. However it said that he will still get the guarantee. These writers simply don't do their home work. The offset is the offset, that is the way the salary cap works its either in a contract or not. So in order for the Eagles to get something more either Daniel gave back some of his signing bonus (very likely) or he lowered the guarantee in his contract (also likely). Those are the two items that would help the cap for this year. The offset helps for 2018.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

How do you give back money? I would think that the union would come in and say no to that wouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    How do you give back money? I would think that the union would come in and say no to that wouldn't they?
                    The union only has so much to say as its still Daniels decision. Players have done it in the past where they have given back portions of their signing bonus's, contracts etc. to get out of a situation. I am sure Howie played hard ball with it and at the end of the day if everything is net neutral or better on the cap we are in a better situation QB wise than we were with Wentz and Daniel. I have been a Nick Foles fan for some time and think we are damn lucky to have him as a backup QB. We could actually win games with him if Wentz goes down.

Comment

The only reason that I brought it up is that a player for the Red Sox tried to change a contract to get traded and wanted to reduce his contract and the union stepped in and said no. Anyway I'm just thinking that you could 't do it is that it doesn't sound right to post date a contract but if you say guys have done than in the past then obviously it must be that way. It's hard to believe that he would actually give back money though. How much would a guy give back? That's crazy. I could see a guy like Cox doing it with a $100 million contract, but Daniels? Hey, I'm glad he did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        The only reason that I brought it up is that a player for the Red Sox tried to change a contract to get traded and wanted to reduce his contract and the union stepped in and said no. Anyway I'm just thinking that you could 't do it is that it doesn't sound right to post date a contract but if you say guys have done than in the past then obviously it must be that way. It's hard to believe that he would actually give back money though. How much would a guy give back? That's crazy. I could see a guy like Cox doing it with a $100 million contract, but Daniels? Hey, I'm glad he did though.
                        I don't think they post dated the contract they renegotiated it before he was released. Baseball is much different than football on these things. Now I doubt we will ever know exactly how much Daniels gave back because of the Union, they certainly would not want that to get.
                        Either way since Daniels was under contract and he asked for his release he was not in a position of power, Howie was, so I seriously doubt Howie came out of this with a 7 mill cap hit.

Comment

Working...
                        X