Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it Tino.

Thanks spur.

Going to print this out and put it together Saturday. Mail it next week.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Sent it today.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Got it

We have 7 now I think.

I’m working on it Saturday.

My wife’s friend is gonna write Fly Eagles Fly on the inside cover in calligraphy.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Got it

We have 7 now I think.

I’m working on it Saturday.

My wife’s friend is gonna write Fly Eagles Fly on the inside cover in calligraphy.
          Very cool!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Very cool!
            can we get a look at it when finished ?
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              can we get a look at it when finished ?
              You're not going to actually put a picture of you in that book and scare her to death are you?

Comment

Hey Guys. I have been wanting to help Suzi for Fresh here. But, I am having the craziest work stress week ever. On top of that, my wife is throwing a huge holiday party at our house for the HOA tomorrow (possibly 200+ of people in our house). Her stress and craziness is off the charts and that is not helping things. Things will finally lighten up after sunday night. But, I know you are in a rush to get this done ASAP. Not sure I can pull things together in enough time and have them be well thought out. When is the deadline for getting this all in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  Hey Guys. I have been wanting to help Suzi for Fresh here. But, I am having the craziest work stress week ever. On top of that, my wife is throwing a huge holiday party at our house for the HOA tomorrow (possibly 200+ of people in our house). Her stress and craziness is off the charts and that is not helping things. Things will finally lighten up after sunday night. But, I know you are in a rush to get this done ASAP. Not sure I can pull things together in enough time and have them be well thought out. When is the deadline for getting this all in ?
                  I think it's tomorrow pliny because AW is putting the scrapbook together Saturday. I wouldn't worry about telling your life story. All this really is is one of those "it's the thought that counts" things. We'd like to get more people so please quickly throw something together.

Comment

Pliny!!

Don’t sweat it. I’m gonna write a brief letter to her and then let her know other guys might be sending a pic or bio to her directly. Popper has her address. I can share it too. Not gonna mail it until early next week though.

Comment

I sent my photos this morning. I think the files were pretty large so let me know if you didn’t get them.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR. I HAVE PICTURES FROM EVERYBODY BUT NODAK.

GUYS IT IS TOTALLY FINE IF YOU DON'T GET IT TO ME BEFORE I SEND IT PROBABLY ON TUESDAY NOW. I ORDERED A NICE BIRDS STICKER OFF AMAZON THAT I'M GOING TO PUT ON THE FRONT OF THE SCRAPBOOK AND I AM PICKING UP THE FLY EAGLES FLY SON THAT MY WIFE'S FRIEND IS WRITING OUT IN CALIGRAPHY ON TUESDAY.

I'M GOING TO SEND SUSI A BRIEF NOT LETTING HER KNOW SHE MIGHT GET MORE OF THESE. WE HAVE 6 SO FAR... BUT I THINK AS LONG AS SOME OF US ARE ABLE TO FOLLOW UP AND SEND SOMETHING DIRECTLY TO HER THE SCRAPBOOK WILL FILL UP. I HAVE ROOM FOR 20 SUBMISSIONS TOTAL

Screen Name: rspurr (Canada's #1 Eagles fan)

Where are you from: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. I was born in our nation's capital, Ottawa, Ontario, and moved to Saskatoon when I was 2 years old. I have two older brothers that were born in the US and one of them lives in Sacramento.

Where do you live now: I still live in Saskatoon with my wife and three girls (ages 17,15, and 6).

How did you become an Eagles fan: I’ve been an Eagles fan since about age 6 or 7. That’s 38 years. Why did I choose the Eagles? Well my older brother was a Cowboys fan and my mom taught me that they were evil, just like the Yankees. My mom is a HUGE baseball fan. Growing up in Alberta, she listened to ball games on short wave radio and the team that they could get was the Brooklyn Dodgers so you can understand her contempt of the pinstripes. She kept score of every game she ever listed to and has books of the handwritten scorekeeping of thousands of games from the 1950s- present including every World Series game. So anyway, I couldn’t cheer for my brother’s team and also had to pick a team that wasn’t the NFL version of the Yankees. Well why not go with the team in green (my favourite colour) with a QB named Ron (my name) and a passionate head coach. After the Eagles won the 1980 NFCCG, I was hooked. They were MY team.
                        Here in the great white north everyone has a favourite team but most are front running Patriots or Cowboys fans. These “Patriots” fans have no idea who John Hahhah, Irving Fryar, or Steve Grogan are. Cowboys “fans” are the worst. I’m sure you can imagine.
                        I have been to two Eagles games in my life, both with each of my brothers. I saw them play the Ravens at the linc in 2004 (the Owens mocking of Ray Lewis' celebration game) and say them play the Raiders in Oakland in 2009. I've been active on these Eagles message boards since about 1998-99. First it was Philly.com, then Philaphans, and then sportscolumn. I loved "Fresh's" sense of humour and always looked forward to all of his posts. Everyone knows that he was a huge Bobby Taylor fan and so was I. Anytime I see a tall corner, I think of Fresh. He is truly missed in our Eagles community.

Bio of you and your family: We are a huge sports family as all of our girls have played soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, and basketball over the years. The girls don't understand my obsession with the Eagles and mostly stay out of my way on game day. We love to travel to warm climates. We have been to Hawaii 6 times as a family and last year we spent three months travelling in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji when my wife was on sabbatical. Both my wife and I are teachers. I teach High School Math and my wife teaches for the College of Nursing at the University of Saskatchewan. I hope to make it back to the Linc someday. Maybe with some of the family next time.
                        Screen Name: NoDakIggle

Where are you from: Born in Camden NJ (pretty much a ghetto suburb of Philly) and there until I was 8. Moved to a better neighborhood about five miles away (Westmont) where I lived until graduating high school.

Where do you live now: I’ve lived in ND for 25 years now and two years ago I moved to a farm pretty close to the middle of nowhere in Upham ND. Closest neighbor is two miles and closest grocery store is about 25 miles.

How did you become an Eagles fan: I grew up less than ten miles from the stadium. That was an era where you were a fan of the hometown teams. Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Eagles didn’t matter because they were the Philly teams. The same for college basketball with Villanova, Temple, etc. No one was a fan of another city and it would not sit well in my family for anyone to speak of another team highly or speak ill of a Philly team. Actually, we could say anything about the local teams—good or bad—but no one else could speak ill of a Philly team. I am like that today.

Bio of you and your family: There was very little opportunity when I graduated high school and I was a punk. Even though Vietnam was winding down my mother didn’t want me in the Army so I joined the Air Force. I spent 26 years traveling the world. My last assignment was in ND and my sons were in school so I stayed so they could graduate. I ended up working for the Highway Patrol and my wife of 42 years and I wound up staying even though both my boys have moved. I’m now retired and other than live everything Eagles I either fish, hunt, or do odds and ends around the farm.

Screen Name: Musicman
                        How Did I become and Eagles Fan: I became an Eagle fan the day I was born, it wasn't my choice, it was a birthright.
                        About me: 54 yr old highway construction worker, married 34 years with 2 sons, a daughter and 4 grandchildren( 3 boys and a girl so far ) with a 5th coming in May.
                        "Met" Mike on this site . We shared PMs from time to time, but once he was diagnosed, we PMed more frequently. Mike will forever remain an inspiration to me. At times when I am positive he was hurting, he tried to lift me up when I was dealing with petty BS. Always he was positive, always in love with you and always concerned for you. I wish we could have shared an adult beverage, a campfire and some casual conversation.
                        I do not own Eagles gear, I have enclosed a hunting photo from my happy place and a pic of my newest love, me and my granddaughter. She is a thief who has stolen my heart.
                        I wish I could attend the Dallas game, but will be spending the day/evening with the family as we do on all the holidays and most every weekend. Stay in touch with us and hopefully one day we can all meet on Broad Street for a SB parade.

Screen Name: tinopuno ( the name our then two year old daughter gave the Wheaten Terrier puppy she picked out and grew up with)

Where are you from: Lived in Pennsauken, NJ from birth until college. Lived in the Philadelphia area while attending Temple University undergraduate and graduate schools, except for my Junior year which I spent at U of F in Gainesville, FL. Upon returning from a lengthy US government paid vacation in Southeast Asia, my wife and I lived in Jenkintown, PA while I went to grad school and then worked until we moved to upstate NY, primarily for the skiing, 43 years ago.

Where do you live now: New Hartford, NY and Indian Rocks Beach, FL

How did you become an Eagles fan:
                        It was in the genes on my father's side. Been a fan of all Philadelphia professional sports teams as long as I can remember. Attended many Eagles, Warriors and Phillies games as a kid with my father and two brothers. Became a passionate fan of the Eagles and Phillies by the time I was 10. Saw several home games at Franklin Field during the Championship season in 1960. I have treasured memories of the greats from that team: The Dutchman, The Baron, McDonald, Walston, Concrete Charley Bednarik, Campbell, Baughn, Brookshier and Burroughs.

Bio of you and your family:
                        My first and, looking back, probably the most meaningful job of my life was as a field medic in Vietnam. It was...by turns...boring, exhilarating, saddening, strangely enriching, and at times soul searing in it's horror. The experience left me with a profound appreciation of life and it's simple pleasures that I could not have gotten elsewhere. For 28 years, I worked professionally as a psychologist, sequentially, in the fields of addiction, mental heath, and developmental disabilities. I retired 17 years ago and haven't missed dealing with the often heart breaking problems of people and their families for one minute.

Together with our Wheaten pup Delaney, Gail and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary on December 9th. Ironically, when we began dating in our mid 20s, Gail was warned by the wives of a couple of my friends to "Enjoy yourself with him, but don't get serious. He's not going to settle down." Our 'little girl', an only, lives an hour away with her husband, their 10 year old daughter...also an only...and their 2 Wheaten Terriers. Nikki shares our deep appreciation of the grandeur of nature, a love of all animals, and a ready willingness to kick back and relax (or raise a little hell) with an assist from some grape and, on occasion, a little ganja.

My mom finally surrendered to lymphoma in her mid 70s after battling the beast for 8 years and through three separate episodes of chemotherapy. Like our brother Mike, she was a warrior. And as with Mike, the treatments took a toll on her physically. Mike's determination, dedication and capacity to fight without stint was more than inspirational to me. It was simply beyond my comprehension. Mike and I kicked around the idea of getting together over on the West Coast of Florida where we live in the winter. We never firmed up those tentative plans. I really regret that.

I rarely come to EFO without thinking of Mike...his keen football knowledge, his self-effacing sense of humor, his eagerness to intelligently discuss a wide range of issues, and his obvious love for Susi, Jax, his family and close friends. I miss Mike...we all do. Mike and I had in common a love for surfing...board and body. I'm thinking our friend and brother has finally found 'the perfect wave'.

Screen Name: eagle60

About Me:
                        Hi Susi! It’s so good to here that you are doing well! I was just getting ready to write to you when the guys came up with this idea after you contacted us. As you well know I met Mike in Florida and had a great lunch together several years ago. We “talked” to each other daily on our board and also through personal emails. We also frequently texted each other and I miss him dearly. Not only did we share illness but also our love for our wives. Mike touched so many people. I know that Christmas will be especially tough for you but if you’re at the game and help us kick Dallas’ ass that should help some!

I spent my childhood just outside of Philly and got to experience the 1960 Championship when I was 9 years old. Back then we only got to see road games on tv because they wanted to get more money at the gate. We had to listen to it on the radio because they wouldn’t televise the game in Philly because it was played at home. Do you believe that!!! Everybody in our neighborhood ran out into the backyards screaming “we won” and that is pretty cool to remember. We did get to watch the replay the next day though. How times have changed.

We moved up here to Westfield Massachusetts the following spring and we haven’t won the damned thing since! I married Cher in 1978 and she’s a loyal fan. The pictures I shared are of myself and my wife Cher holding our dog Moxie. Mike and I talked about pets a lot because we found out we loved them so much. Our pets were like kids to us and I appreciated being able to share that with him.

Merry Christmas Susi!

Popper and Cher

Screen Name: Jukin

Where are you from: Born in Philadelphia and lived in the city until I was 8. Then we moved across the river to Cherry Hill NJ (just about a half hour from the stadiums so very much within the Eagles region.)

Where do you live now: Mullica Hill, NJ

My Dad had season tickets since 1960. I grew up watching the away games on TV with him and my Uncle and cousins. For the home games my brother and I would take turns going to the games. We would pick the games as soon as the tickets arrived at the end of the summer. It was a big deal to win the coin toss and get first pick sine the Cowboys game was the one we both desperately wanted to attend. My Dad finally gave up his tickets when I was in college in the mid-80's and upon graduation I got season tickets of my own. One of my first dates with my wife was to an Eagles game (a loss to the frigging Cardinals on opening day 1999. Eagles were up by 21 at half time and managed o lose the game!!! ) I gave up my season tickets when they moved to the Linc and asked me for $15,000 for a stadium builder license at the same time I wanted to get an engagement ring for my wife. I pick the ring of the tickets... but I'm not sure that was my best move!!! - Just kidding! I'm still married to her and 100% certain that I should have gotten the tickets!!!

Bio of you and your family:
                        I'm an architect and travel a great deal to check the construction of our projects around the country. I've been married for 14 years and we have a 10 year old son. When Mike first told the EFO board about his fight with cancer, my son who was about 5 at the time) asked if he could help him. I reached out to the board with the idea of getting Mike a Dawkins jersey and my son drew a card for Mike and took great pride in sending it to him. He asked me every day how Mike was doing and was very happy when Mike was having good days and very disappointed when he heard that he was struggling. Mike was an inspiration to more than just my son. He inspired me in more ways than I can express. His love for you was evident in all of his posts. This season has been fantastic as an Eagles fan but bittersweet as an EFO Eagles fan. The board isn't the same without Mike's presence and his loss is felt every time I go to the site. He is greatly missed but his spirit is definitely still with us! Thanks for sharing him with us. Please come by the board when you can and share in our fandom with us! Mike was family, so you are too!! Come home once in a while and visit with your family!!!

Screen Name: Andre Waters (Eagles safety from the 1980s and early 1990s)
                        Hometown: I grew up in Rossville, KS a very small town about 20 minutes west of Topeka, KS.
                        How Did I become an Eagles fan: I was a typical boy and played every sport I could. I was a fan of the local teams – Royals, Jayhawks, Chiefs - but when I was a kid the Kansas City Chiefs were terrible and their home games were blacked out on TV. So we got the Cowboys every week. I watched them and liked them like every stupid kid but when Jerry Jones took over my like turned to complete HATE. I could tell he was evil from the start. That was about the time that Buddy Ryan, Randall Cunningham and Reggie White were turning the Eagles into contenders and were kicking the Cowboys ass. So I guess it all started there around 1987. 30 years later I rarely if ever miss a game. Since DirectTV and NFL Sunday Ticket in about 1995 I can safely say I have missed fewer than 10 games live. When we win the Super Bowl finally… I will cry like a baby.
                        About me: I went to Emporia State University in central Kansas which is where Leon Lett went. I knew Leon and when he made that dumb play in the Super Bowl in 1993 I wasn’t surprised. I was a sports writer out of school for about 5 years and then got into the publishing industry. From there I got into advertising sales and for the last 10 years I’ve been in medical sales. We live in Overland Park, Kansas which is a nice suburb to raise kids in on the Kansas side of Kansas City. We are pretty active in our church and my wife is awesome staying at home and volunteering for everything she can.
                        I’ve been married to my wife Renee for almost 14 years and our daughters are both little Eagles Fans. Sutton is 9 and Collins is 6 and they sing Fly Eagles Fly before some, not all, of the games and then leave daddy alone so I can fuel my obsession. Renee does a good job letting me enjoy my Birds for 3 hours a week. She just asks me not to scream and cuss at the TV…which is hard because I’m a Birds fan. Maybe this is our year and St. Nick can make it happen. It’d be a heckuva Cinderella Story now. My girls are girly girls but they do wear their Carson Wentz shirts and my older daughter is starting to watch more than just the first 2 minutes… so that’s progress.
                        I first got on an Eagles chat board in 1999 and I think Mike was there then although I can’t remember. And as you can see most of us have followed each other from board to board and now have been on sports column for at least the last 10 years. I miss Mike. I miss him on the Game Day Thread. He was always there. I miss his courage. He handled his illness with such strength and dignity. I always called him a warrior and sometimes I called him a badass. He was always channeling his Inner Brian Dawkins.
                        I’m sorry there won’t be many of us at the game. I’m not local. I have a good friend through work that lives in Lansdale and I go to a game once a year with him. This year I went to the Broncos-Eagles game. Last year it was Eagles-Steelers, which is where one of my pics is from.
                        Thanks for sharing Mike with us. We miss him. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Great job SEAN!!! I enjoyed reading all of these bios and wish that everybody else would participate too. Not only is this great for Susi but it's pretty darned cool to know a little (actually a lot) more about each other.

Comment

AW,

Thanks again for putting this together. I'll second what Popper said. I hope maybe a few more guys can join in. Also like Popper, I really enjoyed getting a little personal insight into the guys I've been "talking" with for years.

I trust that Susi will get some sense of how much Mike meant to us Eagles obsessed crazies.

Comment

Not sure if it is too late AW. But, here is something that I threw together this morning. I will try and send a picture today. But, it will probably be of my wife and I, as that is the only time I take photos these days

Screen Name: Pliny

Where are you from: Born in PA. Grew up in Allentown PA.

Where do you live now: Arlington, TX.

I became an Eagles fan during the late 60’s, while living in Allentown. I was only about 6 or 7 years old. At that time, I also remember the city being in an uproar when the Cowboys ran up the score on them. That is also when my extreme dislike of the Cowboys occurred. I moved to Dallas with my family during high school. I remember the one thing that upset me about the move was having to live in the Cowboy’s hometown.

Bio Of You And Your Family:
                              I am a software developer with a great job in Arlington, which keeps me in the Dallas area for now. I have been married to my 2nd wife Liberty for 7 years. I have two children 21 and 17 from a previous marriage. When I think of Mike, I think of his avatar (the surf shop T and orange tabby). Mike and I corresponded only a few times privately, as there is usually not a need for private discussions in the forum, as we are like family. I remember Jukin (John) led an effort to get Mike that Dawkins jersey when he was first diagnosed many years ago. I know that a lot of us pitched in. But, I am not sure if he ever got that Jersey as it was some time ago and my memory is poor. I do know that the forum has lost a lot, when the poster formally known as Fresh moved on to the next life. Mike had a colorful personality and could always be counted on to speak his mind. His passion is sorely missed by all.

Comment

Perfect Pliny

Comment

Working...
                                X