Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an LSU alum, I watch a lot of games. I really like this pick

Comment

I hope Charles Scott isn't a Psheezybaby Production!

We Takin Ov-ah!!!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
        Is there a link for this? I can't find anything like this at all out there. The Eagles certainly didn't add any 6th round picks.
        I saw this on Gaither from the "comments" section while Spadaro was on with Reese. I've looked around for more info but it seems like this rumor is incorrect. As far as I can tell Omar Gaither has NOT been traded.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Jamar Chaney, LB, Mississippi St. 6'1", 242 lb.
          Chaney is coming off his most productive year as a collegiate player after missing most of the 2008 season with an injury in the opener. Chaney has adequate size, strength and athleticism for the position. Chaney has improved his run defense but is best in space as a coverage defender. He is inconsistent to take on and shed blockers and may be best covered up at the next level. Chaney plays with an excellent motor and is quick to pursue with solid instincts. He runs well and shows excellent range which should make him great in combination man schemes as well as special team’s at the nest level. Chaney is a very good football player that is likely to be productive as a rookie.

Comment

I think we traded a 2011 sixth-rounder to Detroit for the pick we used on Chaney. Not positive though.

Comment

Compensatory 7th round picks...

Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia. 6'1", 304 lb.
              Owens is coming off a solid 2009 season after missing all but one game in 2008 with a knee injury. Owens is a short, squatty built but strong interior defender that is more of a run stopper than pass rusher. He can anchor well when he keeps his pads down but needs to improve his hand use to disengage quicker to the ball. Owens needs an expanded pass rush package to be effective at the next level but has the natural power to push the pocket. Owens is a tough hard-nosed lineman that has some athletic limitations but his intangibles (motor, leadership qualities) gives him a great chance to contribute in his rookie season.
              Kurt Coleman, SS, Ohio State. 5'10", 192 lb.
              Coleman is a bit of a tweener (size, speed) prospect for the next level. He doesn’t have great size for the safety position but lacks great pure speed to play out on the perimeter. Coleman is a fierce competitor that is aggressive defending the run as well as the pass. He has good intelligence in understanding schemes but can be inconsistent in his run support angles and can be out of position at times. Coleman is quicker than fast and may fit best in sub packages (nickel back) as he doesn’t have outstanding recovery speed and burst to cover top receivers. Coleman has solid ball skills but needs to play with more consistency in his technique (peddle, pad level, leveraging receivers and ball carriers). He should be a contributor on special teams as a rookie but may take some time to get on the field defensively.

Comment

When the college season began, I wanted one running back and that person was Charles Scott. So I am happy with that one pick. The other guys today for the most part are the front office picks because how am I supposed to know Jamar Chaney versus someone else.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

OMG...what the hell did Andy see in this guy?

From PFW:

Kentucky CB Trevard Lindley has a very slight frame and does not like contact and could struggle to survive the physicality of the NFL, but he could add some depth as a No. 4 or No. 5 cornerback for the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by longsnapper View Post
                    OMG...what the hell did Andy see in this guy?

From PFW:
                    Reid's quotes on all the day 3 picks are here. Other blurbs out there mention he was higher rated after his junior year. Here is Reid's bit on Lindley:
                    Cornerback Trevard Lindley, 5-foot-11, 183 pounds, chosen 105th overall (fourth round): "Lindley has a phenomenal year (in 2008 ) and then he got banged up (in 2009) ... He had a high ankle sprain and that can kind of put a little damper on a college season. Well that's what happened to him. It happened early and he really never got over that thing but he never really wanted to stop playing, which showed me something. He's a quiet guy, tremendous desire to play the game, loves to play the game so he stayed out there. I had a chance to talk with Rich Brooks, who was the head coach there and is now retired. Rich said that he's one of, if not the best, one of the best corners he's ever coached and the best one that he's ever coaches (at Kentucky). So we went off of (Lindley's) junior film ... and it was, the Percy Harvins, there were three big time receivers that he shut down and did a great job against. He's got a lot of potential. We'll see how he does, how he handles this here and I think he's a good football player."

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                      Reid's quotes on all the day 3 picks are here. Other blurbs out there mention he was higher rated after his junior year. Here is Reid's bit on Lindley:
                      This is why is doesn't make a lot of sense to get too worked up over who the teams pick or don't pick. I'm not saying the Eagles will be right or wrong with this specific pick. But just because PFW says something negative about a player, doesn't mean the Eagles or some other team agrees, or that they haven't done more digging than some so-called "draft expert" to uncover some potential for NFL success that others may not have seen. You just don't know, so I generally just watch and pay attention to the draft as a curious fan who doesn't have the luxury of watching hours of game film on hundreds of college players.

Comment

Working...
                      X