No announcement yet.

The Fresh is gonna kick this thing right in the ass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL! You guys kill me. I pulled the same line about not normally being excited about shrinkage. Had our RN cracking up.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• That's great Mike! Keep up the good fight!

Comment

• Great news!
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Damn Mike, that's great news! If I didn't know better, I would swear you were making this shit up! Your numbers like double to 800 on your last test to get in, and now you're kicking ass with this new drug. UNFRIEKINBELIEVABLE!!!

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• I know, 60. And if people were to see me right now, they would say.....you're sick? This has been a true blessing.

Sometimes I feel like it can't even be real, that I am surviving for as long as I have, and as well as I have with this disease. It was actually great to receive this link in the mail the other day from a friend of mine:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/lung-c...ng-cancer.aspx

I felt an immediate kinship. Granted, she was able to have surgery and had about a 3 year break in her fight, but this woman and i have been thru so many of the same things...it was almost creepy. The Taxotere and Cisplatin as an aggressive first chemo, the terrible rashes, turning to the clinical trials and immunotherapy drugs.....and staying strong and aggressive every step. And most importantly, SURVIVING with late stage lung cancer for four years now. Our paths have been different and yet much the same.

Gives me hope, and lets me know that I am not alone. And that while my survival to this point is rare, it is not the impossible and has been exceeded. (BTW - I asked my doc on Tuesday if they ever did the gene testing on me to see if I might have this ALK mutation - and if I might be a candidate for the drug that this lady has been on for so long. She told me that my variety of lung cancer makes it likely impossible that I have that gene, but we are going to run the test any way. She says to me, "With you Mike, all bets are off. You have been so damned unusual....I'll never say never."

Unusual. Not impossible.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              I know, 60. And if people were to see me right now, they would say.....you're sick? This has been a true blessing.

Sometimes I feel like it can't even be real, that I am surviving for as long as I have, and as well as I have with this disease. It was actually great to receive this link in the mail the other day from a friend of mine:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/lung-c...ng-cancer.aspx

I felt an immediate kinship. Granted, she was able to have surgery and had about a 3 year break in her fight, but this woman and i have been thru so many of the same things...it was almost creepy. The Taxotere and Cisplatin as an aggressive first chemo, the terrible rashes, turning to the clinical trials and immunotherapy drugs.....and staying strong and aggressive every step. And most importantly, SURVIVING with late stage lung cancer for four years now. Our paths have been different and yet much the same.

Gives me hope, and lets me know that I am not alone. And that while my survival to this point is rare, it is not the impossible and has been exceeded. (BTW - I asked my doc on Tuesday if they ever did the gene testing on me to see if I might have this ALK mutation - and if I might be a candidate for the drug that this lady has been on for so long. She told me that my variety of lung cancer makes it likely impossible that I have that gene, but we are going to run the test any way. She says to me, "With you Mike, all bets are off. You have been so damned unusual....I'll never say never."

Unusual. Not impossible.

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Damn, Mike, you are an inspiration! Keep on fighting! (You are Todd Pinkston in Bizarro World!)
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                  Damn, Mike, you are an inspiration! Keep on fighting! (You are Todd Pinkston in Bizarro World!)
                  I'd say Mike is more like Concrete Charlie if you ask me!

Comment

• I worked 32 hours this week and held up just fine! It's been great for my mental state as well. Been back swimming in the pool, and told Susi that I think I am ready to try the ocean again. May go up to St Augustine next weekend to give it a try. Generally pretty gentle surf and tides around there(Crescent Beach). Wow, I am feeling a lot like the old me!!!!

Comment

I worked 32 hours this week and held up just fine! It's been great for my mental state as well. Been back swimming in the pool, and told Susi that I think I am ready to try the ocean again. May go up to St Augustine next weekend to give it a try. Generally pretty gentle surf and tides around there(Crescent Beach). Wow, I am feeling a lot like the old me!!!!
                      Sounds like fun Mike. Beats the shit out of my weekend fielding phone calls for an apartment I'm renting out.

Comment

• That doesn't sound like too much fun.....I'll stick with MY plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Sounds like fun Mike. Beats the shit out of my weekend fielding phone calls for an apartment I'm renting out.
                          I thought of buying a rental,don't think I could not tell someone they seem like a worthless POS I wouldn't rent a video to. My hats off to you 60 if you can deal with that crap.

Mike, great to hear you kicking ass once again. You deserve a medal for dealing with your constant roller coaster ride. Hope you level off for a couple decades of stress free living and loving.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            I thought of buying a rental,don't think I could not tell someone they seem like a worthless POS I wouldn't rent a video to. My hats off to you 60 if you can deal with that crap.

Mike, great to hear you kicking ass once again. You deserve a medal for dealing with your constant roller coaster ride. Hope you level off for a couple decades of stress free living and loving.
                            Answering machines are a Godsend!

Comment

• Well I go for my chemo again today, which will keep me in Tampa all day and away from work. Then I go for treatment again in two weeks, combined with my next CT scan.....the day before I am set to go to Colorado. That is what I have my eye on right now. Hopefully things are still going in the right direction and I can get on that plane with a smile on my face.

Comment

Well I go for my chemo again today, which will keep me in Tampa all day and away from work. Then I go for treatment again in two weeks, combined with my next CT scan.....the day before I am set to go to Colorado. That is what I have my eye on right now. Hopefully things are still going in the right direction and I can get on that plane with a smile on my face.
                                Good luck Mike! You're definitely going to Colorado the right time of the year. 80s and zero humidity!

Comment

Working...
                                X