Question #2.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question #2.............

What is the biggest positive factors from TC so far?

1. The DL play and depth. (albeit fake games and you never know since it isn't opening day starters vs opening day starters)

2. Slimmed down version of #5. (now just run a bit more Donnie)

3. OL line seems stout. ( both in run mode and pass pro)

Your's?

our front 8/9 on d-line!

baskett

thinner mcnabb
    socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

1. McNabb healthy. The most important player on the team needs to be healthy.

2. Darren Howard looks unstoppable.

3. Baskett stepping up.

Comment

DL resurgence with Howard and Jmac. I felt Cole was going to have a big year before camp and still do. Still haven't seen as much from Kearse but I won't be surprised that he creates havoc all year without being on the after game highlight film.
        Baskett -- he may fizzle but he has brought TC success to new heights. GS and NB were certainly TC darlings but never rose to his level.
        DMac looking comfortable. Everyone knows the season hinges on him and he looks ready.

I am happy as can be that Andy went with the same OL throughout camp and didn't play some 'we don't know who is best game' just for competition sake. I think it gave them a much better chance to gel which, IMM, was important this year. Having said that I am still not 100% on the OL. I still need to see if Thomas is going to be quality this year.

Best story for me is surely JR Reed (Baskett a distant second)
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

1. Comrarderie of the team is higher than I can ever remember

2. D-Line

3. slimmed down and determined DMac

4. young WR's look promising for the first time in a long time (Baskett, Avant, Brown)

5. health of Dirk and Akers

Comment

Biggest Postives of Camp:

1. Darren Howard, Broderick Bunkley, and LuJuan Ramsey have greatly improved the defensive line.

2. Shawn Andrews lost weight.

3. Mcnabb looks to have lost weight and is totally healthy.

4. Hank Baskett and Jason Avant look like they may be players.

5. Lack of season ending type injuries in camp so far.

Biggest Negatives:

1. Injury to Westbrook and other RB's.
            2. Injury to Pinkston.
            3. Rib injuries to McDougle and Walker.
            4. Special teams kick returning is still a mess.
            5. Dhani Jones is still outside linebacker.

Comment

1) McNabb's health and sharpness throwing
              2) Howard (but I am curious to see them against a decent OT - he gets that chance against Ogden on Thurs.)
              3) Baskett (although I still think this is more training camp hype that reality).

I see MD talked about the OL being stout. I am not so sure yet. DEs have had little trouble with Thomas thus far and the second string OL has not looked good IMO. Runyan has been solid, Jackson has been fine and Andrews is better (but has seemed to struggle early when he has to pull, etc).

I expect the OL to be fine, but there still are come concerns IMO.

Comment

A lot of positives so far...

1. McNabb looks great. Completely healed, trimmed down and focused.

2. Both lines look like they can be fearsome this year.

3. The D looks like they have something to prove this season.

4. Avant and Baskett seem to be hidden gems -- or possible gems. Let's see how they do during the season, but so far they look very good!

5. Andy seems to have regained some of the weight he lost last year. Fat Andy is more successful than thin Andy.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Baskett
                  Avant
                  Gaither
                  Reed
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

1. McNabb: In superb condition and in control of the team.

2. DLine: Additions and ?health? point to dominant pass and run D.

3. Oline: Size and strength portends protection for Donnie and the return of a running game.

4. Akers and Johnson return healthy and possibly better than ever.

5. The way the youth revolution continues to grow and progress:Andrews, Jackson, Herremans, Brown, Baskett, Avant, McCoy, Patterson, Bunkely, Gaither, Considine, etc, etc.

Special mention: Lito Sheppard: Arguably the biggest little surprise for me so far is that this Pro Bowl CB who usually plays on the soft side, has repeatedly laid down some rock-em-sock-em type hits more befitting Sheldon.

Comment

1. No TO
                      2. DLINE is killer with depth and talent
                      3. Big Bank Hank

Comment

Neg: TO Messed everything up till Now... TC's , Coaches, Balance of Players, let alone balance of all else...

Pos: TO is gone and we're back to doing things prior to TO being here...
                        http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Working...
                        X