Steve Bannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Bannon

I've been reading all of this evil stuff about him and I really find it hard to believe that Trump would make an appointment like that if 10% of it were true! Does anybody know anything about him? Please enlighten me as all my Democratic buddies up here keep telling me this and any research that I've done back them up. Of course the sources are The New York Times and such so who can you trust?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Popper,

FWIW, I found this piece on Bannon interesting. There is plenty of stuff like this out there.

http://www.businessinsider.com/book-...turning-2017-2

From the piece:

"It all starts with a catalyst event, then there's a period of regeneracy, after that there is a defining climax in which a war for the old order is fought, and then finally there is a resolution in which a new world order is stabilized.

This is where Bannon's obsession with this book should cause concern. He believes that, for the new world order to rise, there must be a massive reckoning. That we will soon reach our climax conflict. In the White House, he has shown that he is willing to advise Trump to enact policies that will disrupt our current order to bring about what he perceives as a necessary new one.

He encourages breaking down political and economic alliances and turning away from traditional American principles to cause chaos.

In that way, Bannon seems to be trying to bring about the Fourth Turning.
    Bannon has never been secretive about his desire to use Trump to bring about his vision of America. He told Vanity Fair last summer that Trump was a "blunt instrument for us ... I don’t know whether he really gets it or not."

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Popper,

FWIW, I found this piece on Bannon interesting. There is plenty of stuff like this out there.

http://www.businessinsider.com/book-...turning-2017-2

From the piece:

"It all starts with a catalyst event, then there's a period of regeneracy, after that there is a defining climax in which a war for the old order is fought, and then finally there is a resolution in which a new world order is stabilized.

This is where Bannon's obsession with this book should cause concern. He believes that, for the new world order to rise, there must be a massive reckoning. That we will soon reach our climax conflict. In the White House, he has shown that he is willing to advise Trump to enact policies that will disrupt our current order to bring about what he perceives as a necessary new one.

He encourages breaking down political and economic alliances and turning away from traditional American principles to cause chaos.

In that way, Bannon seems to be trying to bring about the Fourth Turning.
      Bannon has never been secretive about his desire to use Trump to bring about his vision of America. He told Vanity Fair last summer that Trump was a "blunt instrument for us ... I don’t know whether he really gets it or not."
      This is where Bannon's obsession with this book should cause concern. He believes that, for the new world order to rise, there must be a massive reckoning. That we will soon reach our climax conflict. In the White House, he has shown that he is willing to advise Trump to enact policies that will disrupt our current order to bring about what he perceives as a necessary new one. He encourages breaking down political and economic alliances and turning away from traditional American principles to cause chaos.

This sounds like a good thing. Does Lopez also have an agenda as she is a professor at Columbia University? Don't you think that she just might have liberal views? I tried to pull up the Time article but my computer wouldn't let me in. I just hope that he isn't another cowboy like Rumsfeld.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He needs to be burned at the stake!

Comment

Everyone affiliated with Donald Trump is racist. It is known. Don't forget Sessions!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Just sarcasm nodak directed at this over the top nonsense I see. I admit I don't know much about Bannon, but what I do know is a President needs to hear many sides of any issue, and from there he makes the best descsion he can. Bannon is in charge of nothing.

He s conservative and that is what got Trump elected so why is it a problem to have a conservative viewpoint around. Rhetorical.

I think my point is that the level of hysteria in this country is just over the top right now. People using the words like Nazi and Brownshirts and unhinged and racist every 22 seconds is just really too much for, IMM, people to take seriously anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I've been reading all of this evil stuff about him and I really find it hard to believe that Trump would make an appointment like that if 10% of it were true! Does anybody know anything about him? Please enlighten me as all my Democratic buddies up here keep telling me this and any research that I've done back them up. Of course the sources are The New York Times and such so who can you trust?

I responded to what I assumed was your sincere query about Bannon by offering one journalist's piece that I found interesting. I won't make that mistake again.

As I suggested, there is a lot of information re: Bannon available. Some people will attack Steve Bannon while knowing little about him. Others will defend him while also knowing little about him. I try...not always successfully...to familiarize myself with an issue or a person before reaching conclusions. I've read a lot...not just from those terrible 'liberals' who seem to trouble you so much... but from conservatives as well. What I read, on balance, really concerns me.

Having lived in the State of NY for over 40 years, I know a great deal more about Donald Trump than Steve Bannon.. Most of that knowledge comes not from what others have said/written about him but from what he himself has said or done openly/publicly. I regarded him as an unprincipled fraud, a chronic shameless liar and an emotionally stunted attention whore when he espoused liberal ideology (which was not so long ago) and my opinion has not changed now that he is flirting so transparently, not with true conservatism, but with the extreme right.

Trump has already revealed himself pretty clearly for what he really is...a man without core beliefs who cares only about money, attention and pussy. But at the same time he has also skillfully appealed to one side of several important issues that merit legitimate debate...abortion, security, immigration, and job creation. These effective appeals on important, emotionally charged issues have caused good people to minimize or rationalize his multiple obvious and glaring flaws, any one of which would have disqualified other candidates who were not such gifted con men.

I think of you and Fresh and AW as honorable men who will eventually recognize Trump as the fraud he really is.

Against my better judgement I finally weakened and made a few 'politically flavored' posts over here in the MISC section. My first mistake!

Good wishes to all and to Nodak, who is burdened by the vexing habit of considering arguments on both sides of thorny issues, I say, well done sir!

Comment

Lol!

Comment

I can't believe tino wasted all of those words,,,...describing Hillary.

Look, we all knew this choice as a lesser of evils. I don't think anyone was labelling one of them as a perfect candidate. The polls showed that. Approval ratings for both stank. Many former presidents, like clinton, have been moral scumbags. Persuasive liars like Obama and Bush senior. Womanizers like Kennedy. Etc etc....it's nothing new.
                    So breath deep, and realize that you don't need to try to remove the wool from everyone's eyes. Despite the medi7amattempts to the contrary, Ultimately Trump will be judged on what he accomplishes. Period.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                    X