No announcement yet.

If you have a brain in your head this is getting even more comical by the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a brain in your head this is getting even more comical by the day

So now Sergey Kislyak is a spy. Isn't it at ambassador's job to report back to his country? Oh no, HE'S A SPY. HIDE YOUR CHILDREN! SPY!!! What did he do, put a peephole in the transgender bathroom?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yeah Mike, it is starting to get real silly and transparent.

Comment

Shumer had donuts and coffee with Putin a few years ago--- I think we need an investigation and special prosecutor so we can find out just what they talked about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So if Sergey Kislyak is such a dangerous spy why don't they do something about it? He must not be very good at it if they let him stay. What is he, a dumb spy? What a crock of crap. And people believe this crap up here. I got a couple of emails last night and today. I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but how can these highly educated liberals up here believe this junk? I just want to grab them and shake them most of the time. I just can't believe I even have to type this because this whole story is so moronic.No wonder I drink.

Comment

60 there is a whole spectrum of spies. Everyone from the Russian embassy is a spy just as every American at the American embassy is a spy. They report what they see what their contacts say, etc. Then there are deep undercover types. They make work for American companies be trade representatives or whatever.
          Is this Kislyak a dangerous spy? No, the US knows all about him. Who he is how he was trained, where he was trained, etc. Spy is kind of a catchall word but is misused a lot IMM
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            60 there is a whole spectrum of spies. Everyone from the Russian embassy is a spy just as every American at the American embassy is a spy. They report what they see what their contacts say, etc. Then there are deep undercover types. They make work for American companies be trade representatives or whatever.
            Is this Kislyak a dangerous spy? No, the US knows all about him. Who he is how he was trained, where he was trained, etc. Spy is kind of a catchall word but is misused a lot IMM
            Try telling that now to a Liberal Democrat.

Comment

Most people are still missing the point here--- the leaks ---- are the crimes, not meetings. People and the media should be looking into the leaks.

Comment

A couple of thoughts off the top of my head.
                1. Don't know that the meetings weren't criminal as they don't know what went on in the meetings.
                2. Every president in my lifetime has had to deal with leaks. Don't recall any being prosecuted or found out really. But I could be forgetting
                3. I have no idea where the leaks have come from. Could be Trump's staff for all I know or they could be from Dem holdovers or career people. But again leaks are a way of life in politics---unfortunately.
                4. Trump, et al loved the hell out of leaks when WikiLeaks was putting out everything they could find against the dems. When it comes back? Not so much.
                5. Agree they should be looked into and prosecuted if they are found. As they should have been for years. An interesting question though is what is patriotism and what is treason? Leaking Watergate info which led to the downfall of a president that many would describe as criminal can be considered patriotic while some may say it is treason. Some say Snowden leaks were patriotic while some say treason. Not saying I know which is which but I think it an interesting question that would be educational when discussed in an adult atmosphere.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

A couple of thoughts off the top of my head.
                  1. Don't know that the meetings weren't criminal as they don't know what went on in the meetings.
                  2. Every president in my lifetime has had to deal with leaks. Don't recall any being prosecuted or found out really. But I could be forgetting
                  3. I have no idea where the leaks have come from. Could be Trump's staff for all I know or they could be from Dem holdovers or career people. But again leaks are a way of life in politics---unfortunately.
                  4. Trump, et al loved the hell out of leaks when WikiLeaks was putting out everything they could find against the dems. When it comes back? Not so much.
                  5. Agree they should be looked into and prosecuted if they are found. As they should have been for years. An interesting question though is what is patriotism and what is treason? Leaking Watergate info which led to the downfall of a president that many would describe as criminal can be considered patriotic while some may say it is treason. Some say Snowden leaks were patriotic while some say treason. Not saying I know which is which but I think it an interesting question that would be educational when discussed in an adult atmosphere.
                  Yeah, that Snowdon thing is a head scratcher and I really don't know how he should have handled that one or even how I feel about it now. I can't even remember what he did in the first place to tell you the truth. Some type of spying on people? I remember kind of being pissed at him at the time but now some of the stuff he releases sound pretty bad.

I also feel that most of the "leaks" are made up or embellished way out of proportion. The ol' Anonymous source" crap is just that, crap.

Comment

Well 60 looks like WikiLeaks is at it again. My guess is some of those who "loved" WikiLeaks last summer won't be so happy with WikiLeaks now.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Not to belabor the point, but IMHO, these leaks --- all of them--- are the most disturbing and serious of all this drama.

Comment

Well 60 looks like WikiLeaks is at it again. My guess is some of those who "loved" WikiLeaks last summer won't be so happy with WikiLeaks now.
                        What happened now?

Comment

I see nothing wrong with any of these!!!

WikiLeaks CIA files: The 6 biggest spying secrets revealed by the release of 'Vault 7'

WikiLeaks has released a huge set of files that it calls "Year Zero" and which mark the biggest exposure of CIA spying secrets ever.

The massive set of documents – over 8,000 pages in all – include a host of hacking secrets that could embarrass intelligence agencies and the US government, as well as undermining spying efforts across the world.

Here are six of the biggest secrets and pieces of information yet to emerge from the huge dump.

1) The CIA has the ability to break into Android and iPhone handsets, and all kinds of computers

The US intelligence agency has been involved in a concerted effort to write various kinds of malware to spy on just about every piece of electronic equipment that people use. That includes iPhones, Androids and computers running Windows, macOS and Linux.

If that software is as powerful as WikiLeaks claims, it could be used to remotely control those devices and switch them on and off. Once that happened, a vast array of data would be made available – including users' locations, messages they had sent, and potentially everything heard by the microphone or seen by the camera.

2) Doing so would make apps like Signal, Telegram and WhatsApp entirely insecure

Encrypted messaging apps are only as secure as the device they are used on – if an operating system is compromised, then the messages can be read before they encrypted and sent to the other user. WikiLeaks claims that has happened, potentially meaning that messages have been compromised even if all of the usual precautions had been taken.

3) The CIA could use smart TVs to listen in on conversations that happened around them

One of the most eye-catching programmes detailed in the documents is "Weeping Angel". That allows intelligence agencies to install special software that allows TVs to be turned into listening devices – so that even when they appear to be switched off, they're actually on.

That's just one of the technologies created by the Embedded Devices Branch, the CIA division at the centre of much of the leaks of new information.

4) The agency explored hacking into cars and crashing them, allowing 'nearly undetectable assassinations'

Many of the documents reference tools that appear to have dangerous and unknown uses. One file, for instance, shows that the CIA were looking into ways of remotely controlling cars and vans by hacking into them.

"The purpose of such control is not specified, but it would permit the CIA to engage in nearly undetectable assassinations," WikiLeaks notes, in an unproven piece of speculation.

5) The CIA hid vulnerabilities that could be used by hackers from other countries or governments

WikiLeaks claims that its source handed over the documents in order to provoke a debate about the power of intelligence agencies and how their information should be exposed. Perhaps central to that is the accusation that the CIA was "hoarding" exploits that it had found – rather than handing them over to the companies that could fix them, and so make users safe, as they had promised to do.

Such bugs were found in the biggest consumer electronics in the world, including phones and computers made Apple, Google and Microsoft. But those companies didn't get the chance to fix those exploits because the agency kept them secret in order to keep using them, the documents suggest.

"Serious vulnerabilities not disclosed to the manufacturers places huge swathes of the population and critical infrastructure at risk to foreign intelligence or cyber criminals who independently discover or hear rumors of the vulnerability," a WikiLeaks statement read. "If the CIA can discover such vulnerabilities so can others."

WikiLeaks noted that those unfixed exploits affected everyone using the equipment, including "the U.S. Cabinet, Congress, top CEOs, system administrators, security officers and engineers".

6) More information is coming

The documents have still not been looked through entirely. There are 8,378 pages of files, some of which have already been analysed but many of which hasn't.

The files are being shared publicly on the WikiLeaks website and the organisation has encouraged its supporters to keep looking through the documents in the hope of finding more stories.

And that's not to mention the other sets of documents that are coming. The "Year Zero" leaks are just the first in a series of "Vault 7" dumps, Julian Assange said.

When taken together, those "Vault 7" leaks will make up the biggest intelligence publication in history, WikiLeaks claimed.

Comment

MD, am I to take it then that you see leaks as treason more than patriotism?
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

MD, am I to take it then that you see leaks as treason more than patriotism?
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X