Let's see if I have this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Was it a mistake to trust Stalin in WWII? The bastard would kill anybody in a Russian village that could read because he wanted his people uneducated and ignorant as to what the world was about and tax their belongings to keep the rich happy and him in power. He even made a deal with Hitler to leave him alone and Hitler could have all of Europe. Despite the butcher that he was we aligned with him in WWII because we had a common goal.

There are countless examples of this throughout history and will continue long after we're gone I'm afraid. Islamic terrorists have hit Russia a few times. Maybe we have to align ourselves with them for a common cause here. Then afterwards we might listen to generals like Patton and declare war on them.
    Popper,

I don't disagree entirely with your point about cooperating with the Ruskies. But I do think it needs to be done very cautiously because Putin simply can't be trusted. Our well being is in no way any part of his agenda.

I would argue strongly that any sensitive intell be shared only after it is carefully reviewed by intelligence professionals as to suitability for sharing with the Russians and that preferably it be communicated by a serious person who is not motivated to impress his Russian visitors by boasting about the 'great intell' he has at his finger tips and by sharing that information without ANY prior consultation with his security people. To continue to argue that it was appropriate to share this intell in the impulsive manner in which Trump did is, IMO as my Aussie buddies used to put it, "Weak as piss mate."

Did he have the technical authority to do it? Sure. Does it make sense that he did it? No way.

Comment

I just hope it works out. Hell, nothing else that we have tried against these bastards has. I guess that we just have to hope Putin is on the level on this one. If he's in bed with that Aknob from Syria we're porked.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I just hope it works out. Hell, nothing else that we have tried against these bastards has. I guess that we just have to hope Putin is on the level on this one. If he's in bed with that Aknob from Syria we're porked.
        Is there any question in your mind but that Putin IS in bed with Assad? A matched pair...two brutal murderers to whom innocent people's lives are irrelevant.

And, sadly, I'm not at all optimistic about eliminating the threat of Islamist Terrorism our life times, regardless of who is President.

But I believe there may be a solution closer to home that will remove a lot of the anxiety and confusion from our lives. I think we will all feel much better and sleep more soundly if we just shut down all the annoying media, lock up all the nosy journalists, eliminate the pesky Judicial branch of government and decree martial law. The Legislative branch can stay because they can't accomplish jack shit anyway.

I do have one nagging question though about Donnie's favorite general, Mike Flynn. What is this damn attraction between the two of them? Is it really true that Donnie was overheard whispering in Flynn's ear, "I just can't quit you."

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Well maybe we will now see just how bad the media really is..... The special counsel should stop all the speculation ..... But it won't. The media will still look to make mountains out of ant mounds.

All media should not be allowed to use adjectives. They suck!
          Maybe the special counsel will end it but I doubt it unfortunately. Just my opinion but if, and that is a big IF, anyone in the Trump campaign talked to Russia they won't be able to pin anything on Trump. It will be some nobody like Manafort. The bottom line will be that Russia tried to interfere with the elections and we already know that.
          Everything else are things he can do. Like it or not. And yes we don't have news shows-- we have opinionated talk shows. Unfortunately they run 24 hours
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Maybe the special counsel will end it but I doubt it unfortunately. Just my opinion but if, and that is a big IF, anyone in the Trump campaign talked to Russia they won't be able to pin anything on Trump. It will be some nobody like Manafort. The bottom line will be that Russia tried to interfere with the elections and we already know that. Everything else are things he can do. Like it or not. And yes we don't have news shows-- we have opinionated talk shows. Unfortunately they run 24 hours
            I keep hearing that Russia interfered with our election over and over like it's true but nobody knows how or even what they pulled , they just did it. But we're going to investigate it if we ever figure out what it is we're investigating. What did they do, run around with Trump signs? Did they go around whispering in people's ears that Hillary sucks? Did they pay people to watch FOX news? Sorry guys, but this is a total joke and a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Maybe the special counsel will end it but I doubt it unfortunately. Just my opinion but if, and that is a big IF, anyone in the Trump campaign talked to Russia they won't be able to pin anything on Trump. It will be some nobody like Manafort. The bottom line will be that Russia tried to interfere with the elections and we already know that.
              Everything else are things he can do. Like it or not. And yes we don't have news shows-- we have opinionated talk shows. Unfortunately they run 24 hours
              On this topic we fully agree.

IMO, this is one of the saddest times in America.

IMM, the media has the awesome task of informing the American people to the TRUTH, FACTS and BALANCED reporting------------------------- BUT----------- they have now totally failed. They hav forsaken that task for ratings and $$$$$$$$$! They no longer CARE about the country and like politicians they have gone for ego and $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

I keep hearing that Russia interfered with our election over and over like it's true but nobody knows how or even what they pulled , they just did it. But we're going to investigate it if we ever figure out what it is we're investigating. What did they do, run around with Trump signs? Did they go around whispering in people's ears that Hillary sucks? Did they pay people to watch FOX news? Sorry guys, but this is a total joke and a bad one.
                No 60, not a joke, it's called modern day politics....... It's kill or be killed and the country be damned. 2 Parties are a good theory, too bad instead of just offering different viewpoints it's now a full out war. And winning that war is the objective rather than governing the country.

Comment

No 60, not a joke, it's called modern day politics....... It's kill or be killed and the country be damned. 2 Parties are a good theory, too bad instead of just offering different viewpoints it's now a full out war. And winning that war is the objective rather than governing the country.
                  Did anybody ever consider that they fixed it for Hillary?

Comment

60, I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever that Russia has instilled a program to interfere with elections; not just the US but others also. The vast majority of the politicians agree with this along with all the intelligence agencies. The other question is whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in any interference. I'm not sure anyone in politics or in the intelligence communities has seen anything or has any evidence of that.
                    Getting a person they 'want' elected would certainly be a coup but that doesn't have to be the result. Just causing chaos or just causing the question of whether the election was legit would be beneficial to them. And right now the US is playing into their hands IMM. And right now, actually it has been coming for a number of years, it is damn near impossible to find a statesman in our congress. Every single one of them appears to be there for themselves not for the country.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

If the Russians can knock out our satellites that's a big problem. If they can mess around with a couple of emails I think that we can fix that. I don't think that they do anything more than we do. Let the FBI quietly figure it out and leave the politics out of it. Just announce there was no collusion and be done with it.

Comment

If the Russians can knock out our satellites that's a big problem. If they can mess around with a couple of emails I think that we can fix that. I don't think that they do anything more than we do. Let the FBI quietly figure it out and leave the politics out of it. Just announce there was no collusion and be done with it.
                        Man you are a hoot Mike..... LEave politics out of it..........

It's a war man, these guys (and gals) have long past the "common sense" or the "what's good for the country" stages!

Comment

Man you are a hoot Mike..... LEave politics out of it..........

It's a war man, these guys (and gals) have long past the "common sense" or the "what's good for the country" stages!

Ain't that the truth. Last week the "scandal" on Trump was for having 2 scoops of ice cream while the rest of the dinner party had one. True story.

Comment

And people still try to tell me that Trumps coverage is fair and not lopsidedly biased, to the negative.

Comment

Now it's Kushner and Russia --------- C'mon man!!!!!!

The media is just out of F'ing control!

I think anybody that ever talked to Trump --- needs to be investigated.

In all this time not one person has proven that anything wrong was done.... But lets spend millions more for politics sake.
                              Last edited by MDFAN; 05-30-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

SSDD.
                                Remember when Flynn was saying 'lock her up' at the convention. Now he is saying' lawyer up'. Kushner says he is willing to talk to congress but my guess is he will be saying 'lawyer up' before long. Not saying I blame them. Just saying a year ago the word was that anyone claiming the fifth had to be guilty. People conveniently forget Hillary testified for 13 hours one day before a congressional committee. Not saying she laid out everything she knew.
                                Just saying that I guess that swamp isn't getting drained.
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X