Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And people wanted Kiko Alonso suspended LOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And people wanted Kiko Alonso suspended LOL!

A.J. Green won't be suspended for fight with Jalen Ramsey

The NFL announced Monday that Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green will not be suspended for fighting with Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey, Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports. Both players will face potential fines for their role in the fight.

The minimum fine for fighting, first offense, is $30,387.

Jawing between the two escalated into a fight with less than 30 seconds to play in the first half. Green put his hand on Ramsey's shoulder and Ramsey responded by pushing him in the back. Green jumped up and grabbed Ramsey around the neck, throwing him to the ground. He punched him multiple times as players from both times rushed off the sidelines and joined the fight.

Both were ejected from the game and did not play in the second half.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

He got ejected; that often means they won't be further suspended. Fined probably, but not suspended. Plus AJ Green does not exactly have a track record -- he's generally considered as mild-mannered as they come -- hard to imagine what it would have taken to get him to react like that.

Mike Evans on the other hand did not get ejected, so that will (I'm sure) cause him to get a game.

Comment

You got that right ND

Bucs WR Mike Evans suspended by NFL for Week 10

The NFL has suspended Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans one game for violating the league's unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness rules according to Michael David Smith of ProFootballTalk.com.

Evans laid a blindside hit on Saints rookie cornerback Marshon Lattimore while Lattimore was jawing with Bucs injured QB Jameis Winston on the sidelines. Evans apologized for the incident after the game. It was actually shocking that the referees in the Bucs/Saints game did not throw Evans out of the game immediately but the NFL now choosing to suspend him for next week's game is equally puzzling and seems to be an attempt to correct their refs after the fact. It seems especially strange considering that A.J. Green was kicked out of the Bengals/Jags game for clotheslining Jags CB Jalen Ramsey and throwing numerous punches-a much more egregious and violent incident-but the league office has chosen NOT to suspend Green for next week.

Evans will likely appeal the suspension and may even win. The Bucs play the New York Jets next Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        He punched him multiple times as players from both times rushed off the sidelines and joined the fight.
        He actually seemed to punch the helmet, which is not widely regarded as the most vulnerable part of the human anatomy and tends to hurt the puncher (hand) more than the punchee (hard inanimate object). As Green does not have a rep as either a knucklehead or as a really stupid person, this all suggests that he lost it totally for some unapparent reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          He actually seemed to punch the helmet, which is not widely regarded as the most vulnerable part of the human anatomy and tends to hurt the puncher (hand) more than the punchee (hard inanimate object). As Green does not have a rep as either a knucklehead or as a really stupid person, this all suggests that he lost it totally for some unapparent reason.
          I almost crapped my pants when I saw that. I think that he set some kind of record for being stupid. The only thing off hand that I can remember being dumber was a video that I saw several years ago of a couple of ISIS guys who decided to "tap in" a land mine with their feet. True story.

Comment

I think I’d be losing it too if I were green. Being in that organization, with Lewis as HC and a terribly overrated QB. Has to be frustrating.

Comment

Working...
            X