No announcement yet.

Message from Fresh's Wife, Susi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of those are good theories but those aren't the reason he chose the name. He took it from the movie Fresh that starred Sean Nelson who played a street smart 12 year old drug dealer. The kid was ballsy and it's a real cool movie if you like to watch oldies (1994). Mike told us how he chose the name when he wanted to change his screen name (might have been to Bobby Taylor) and we all insisted that he keep Fresh.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

if anybody has email addresses or i can send this to a moderator i have a word file where you guys could type out the following... and email me it with a pic or two

Screen Name:

Where are you from:

Where do you live now:

How did you become an Eagles fan:

Bio of you and your family:
      (this might be a nice place to put something in about Mike or a nice thought)
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I guarantee you it was initials. Fred Barnett, Randall Cunningham (I believe), Eric Allen, Seth Joyner, and ?.. I think it was Harold Carmichael.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          I guarantee you it was initials. Fred Barnett, Randall Cunningham (I believe), Eric Allen, Seth Joyner, and ?.. I think it was Harold Carmichael.
          Maybe it was a combination of the two so that's why he chose it? I just remember him saying that he took the name from the movie. Maybe the combination of FRESH the movie and his favorite players worked for him. Heck, maybe Suzi knows. She's probably wondering why we have all of these screen names too.

Comment

We had a thread once where we all said why we chose our set names. I did a search but can’t find it. It has to be somewhere in another thread. We definitely wrote about it.....
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              if anybody has email addresses or i can send this to a moderator i have a word file where you guys could type out the following... and email me it with a pic or two

Screen Name:

Where are you from:

Where do you live now:

How did you become an Eagles fan:

Bio of you and your family:
              (this might be a nice place to put something in about Mike or a nice thought)
              AW not sure what sending it to me will do. Maybe in can post it here for us to download.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                We had a thread once where we all said why we chose our set names. I did a search but can’t find it. It has to be somewhere in another thread. We definitely wrote about it.....
                it could have even been on PhilaPhans
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Ok no problem juk... here is how we are gonna do this.

My email is:

Seanclaycamp
                  @
                  Gmail
                  .com

I split it up so it can’t be skimmed.

Those are the questions above. Please put them into the body of an email and attach a picture or 2 but they need to be high resolution enough for me to print out.

I really want to do this guys. I think it will be a very nice gesture for Susi.

So let’s get some participation. I promise I will follow through.

Let’s put a deadline of Dec 15

And I will scan the submissions so we can pin it virtually too.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

My email is:

Seanclaycamp
                    @
                    Gmail
                    .com

Those are the questions above. Please put them into the body of an email and attach a picture or 2 but they need to be high resolution enough for me to print out.

Thanks for doing this AW.
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea guys.

Comment

My email is:

Seanclaycamp
                        @
                        Gmail
                        .com

AW,

Thanks again for organizing this venture. "Ideas" are always great..."Implementation" is where the rubber hits the road.

You da man!

Couple questions regarding pics:

1.The higher the resolution the better?
                        2. I assume you want JPEG format only!

Comment

No problem man. As some of you know I was a sports writer and worked for a publishing company way back when so doing stuff like this is not that big a deal. It is really my pleasure and I am excited to hopefully bless Susi’s holiday somewhat with a gesture like this.

Jpg is fine or tiff

A gif or pgn file are probably going to be too low of resolution.

I will say if you take it with a smart phone and email it to me it will probably be just fine resolution wise to print out as a 3x5 or 4x6 even.

Comment

This is super of you to do AW We all greatly appreciate this!

Comment

It gives a girl like me an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby!!!!

THUPER!!!!!

Comment

Well I found the thread about the names he chose to be FRESH an the H was for Hugh--a favorite at the time. The thread was all time favorite Eagles posted in Aug 2016

So aw, what is it you are looking for us to do? I see these posts between you and Juk but just not real sure what you would like.
                                I will send a message to the birds to see if they can recognize FRESH at the Linc during the game with some kind of scrolling message
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X