How can this offence get better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can this offence get better?

As great as Wentz has been this year, I think we need to add a back or two that can catch the ball out of the backfield. The reason Wentz is only at 60% is that he doesn’t have those easy check down and screen options that some of the other QBs have. Sproles was supposed to be that guy. I’m hoping that Clement can do a bit more down the stretch.

The NFL is all about mismatches and Wentz has the smarts to know where to go with the ball. Think of the pass to Barner down the sideline vs the Cowboys. We need more of that. I have no doubt that our front office has studied the way the Patriots do things and are trying to follow that formula:

Bringing in Long and Blount from the Pats to help teach the “do your job” mentality.
    New game plan every week.
    Focus on situational football (3rd down and red zone)
    Pederson and Wentz meeting every Thursday night.
    Drafting Pumphrey to fill the slot RB mismatch role.

I’m sure there’s more
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
    As great as Wentz has been this year, I think we need to add a back or two that can catch the ball out of the backfield. The reason Wentz is only at 60% is that he doesn’t have those easy check down and screen options that some of the other QBs have. Sproles was supposed to be that guy. I’m hoping that Clement can do a bit more down the stretch.

The NFL is all about mismatches and Wentz has the smarts to know where to go with the ball. Think of the pass to Barner down the sideline vs the Cowboys. We need more of that. I have no doubt that our front office has studied the way the Patriots do things and are trying to follow that formula:

Bringing in Long and Blount from the Pats to help teach the “do your job” mentality.
    New game plan every week.
    Focus on situational football (3rd down and red zone)
    Pederson and Wentz meeting every Thursday night.
    Drafting Pumphrey to fill the slot RB mismatch role.

I’m sure there’s more
    Other than bringing in Pumphrey to get squashed like a bug I'm in. This is the guy that I want
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have to say I think Clement has potential. I've been wrong before but I like his play
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        I have to say I think Clement has potential. I've been wrong before but I like his play
        I really like Clement too but if you want a pure speed guy I love Sony Michel from Georgia. I think that after trading for Ajayi the Birds will be looking elsewhere and there's no way that he lasts until round 4..

Comment

They need to draft a young and athletic O guard in R1 and the good news is the best pure guard prospect is sometimes sitting there at the end of R1.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            They need to draft a young and athletic O guard in R1 and the good news is the best pure guard prospect is sometimes sitting there at the end of R1.
            I'm BPA all the way. It sure worked well last draft!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'm BPA all the way. It sure worked well last draft!
              I agree.

Take BPA

Comment

Offence? I didn't know the Eagles played hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                  Offence? I didn't know the Eagles played hockey.
                  I'm surprised that nobody commented on that sooner. I even tried to edit it but don't know how to edit a title.

That's the Canadian in me coming out. It's not my first "offence".

You might also see centre, colour, cheque, . . . in some of my posts.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody commented on that sooner. I even tried to edit it but don't know how to edit a title.

picky,picky, picky

Comment

I was going to say you betrayed your nationality but thought you might take offence.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I wish Barkley was an asshole and would tell the league he wouldn't play for anyone but Philly. He would be a great addition to this OFFENCE ! A willing, good/great blocker, great receiver and got a lot of yards this season with little to no blocking and defenses geared to stop him.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Have always seen it-- Defence, Offence.... always knew you were Canadian though. I'm one of those guys that -- "As long as you know what I mean, we are fine"--- sorta guys. Really do hate the grammar police. It's a sports message board for god's sake.

Comment

Working...
                          X