One field goal sent 2 teams in opposite directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One field goal sent 2 teams in opposite directions

Just think about it for a minute. The Giants had us beat and pretty much kicked our ass in the second half of the game. They had us on the run and then a practice squad kicker Elliot saves the day with an impossible 61 yard FG. The kick propelled us to an 8-1 record and sent Beckham and his Ballers Team into a tailspin. It just shows how quickly seasons can fall apart and how fragile football seasons are. They just might have to blow that team up. I don't see how a coaching change is going to fix that team.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I think he Giants were in a tail spin before that game. But Elliots kick did propel us to 8-1.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think the Giants would have 2 wins and we would have 2 losses. We were on our way to being better and the Giants were not.

Comment

Upon further review I think Beckham is derailing that team in a couple of ways. The Ballers reference alluded to his boat party that reminded me of the episode of the hilarious blast that the agents threw for those players on the Ballers series. I'm sure the NFL players watch it and it was their recreation of it. That speaks to the attitude of the team. Then the injuries kicked in and they were pretty much doomed like most teams are. How the Redskins remain competitive is remarkable to me with the injuries that they've had. I wonder how long that they can keep that up?

Back to the Giants I'm thinking that there is a culture involved there that might be hard to change without a gutting. They might have to clean house.

Comment

A coaching change changes everything
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            A coaching change changes everything
            But usually the coach brings his own guys in ND along with a new staff. He's got to get rid of Beckham or his buddies for it to work.

Comment

I agree the Giants need to clean house. They may as well trade Manning and Beckham. The O line needs a rebuild. They need to find a back that can play. It could be ugly for few years. I’m loving the silence from the north!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                I agree the Giants need to clean house. They may as well trade Manning and Beckham. The O line needs a rebuild. They need to find a back that can play. It could be ugly for few years. I’m loving the silence from the north!
                It's fun when it isn't your team isn't it Ross! I'd love for them to whiff in the draft and be in QB hell for a decade. I'm hoping that they win a few games now LOL.

Comment

Not sure one play changes a season.... but it was big win for us and a nice loss for them.
                  Last edited by MDFAN; 11-16-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

In order for things to work with a guy like Beckham or any of these other pieces of work is really to have a strong locker room. I don't know how you trade somebody as good as Beckham is but I don't know how you can keep him either if he's one of the ringleaders. Thankfully it's their problem and not ours.

Comment

Rumor has it Manning will be traded to Jacksonville in the offseason

Comment

I hope Washington, Dallas and the gnats take turns gutting their team for the next 100 years
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yea there is lots of talk about off season QB changes. How nice is it not to hear that about the Eagles. Of course Nick might not be back but that is very small potatoes. Hopefully someone like Miami has a pick to give for him but I doubt it
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Beckham is a player I’d never want. The billion dollar talent is more than offset by the ten cent head. Maybe he’d be ok winning with some teams. As long as he’s the focal point, he’d hate playing here the way we spread the ball around. I think of TO when I look at Beckham.

Comment

Beckham is a player I’d never want. The billion dollar talent is more than offset by the ten cent head. Maybe he’d be ok winning with some teams. As long as he’s the focal point, he’d hate playing here the way we spread the ball around. I think of TO when I look at Beckham.
                              Maybe Backham's problem is that there is no Jason Peters or Malcolm Jenkins or even a Carson Wentz to set him straight!

Now I don't want to go through another circus like TO but I also don't want the Giants to pick true lockerroom leaders that get him right!

Comment

Working...
                              X