• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Man does it again

Jerry Jones issues apology for racially insensitive remark
    Nov
    11/17/2017 6:30:28 PM
    |More
    Jerry Jones has issued an apology for what appears to be a misguided attempt at humor, Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News reports.

A video surfaced Friday morning that shows the Cowboys owner making a racially charged statement. Four years ago, at the Melrose Hotel on Oak Lawn, Jones bumped into a fan who was about to get married. The man, who is white, asked Jones if he could videotape a message for his fiancée.

"Jennifer, congratulations on the wedding," Jones says in the video. "Now, you know he's with a black girl tonight, don't you?"

The camera then pans to an African-American male who can be seen laughing.

"That comment was inappropriate," Jones said in a statement issued by the club Friday afternoon. "It's not who I am, and I'm sorry."

The video was made public within hours after a report from ESPN's Outside the Lines said Jones threatened to come after commissioner Roger Goodell upon learning of the league's six-game suspension of Ezekiel Elliott. The report, which contained detailed snippets of conversations, also had Jones using a disparaging term while referring to New England owner Robert Kraft and his fight against the NFL over Tom Brady's suspension.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

OK this really makes me uncomfortable. VERY uncomfortable! I downright can’t stomach this, but I don’t think this is fair to Jones. (Excuse me while I puke and washout my mouth for uttering those words!)

OK. Someone asked him for a video to his fiancée and Jones, who like the Cowboys offense without Zeke, probably gets stopped every 5 yards with requests for photos, autographs etc. He agreed to do it and tried to be funny. He wasn’t funny. He wasn’t politically correct. But is this serious enough to warrant the attention it’s getting? He does enough legitimate crap to (God forbid!) throw him out of the league. I’m not belittling what he said or trying to disparage the feelings of African Americans. But let’s focus on the more relevant and significant crap he does - and there’s plenty of it!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

U of Miami stresses education

The coach of Miami was just on TV talking about if the noon early start would bother his team. He answered no "because we practice everyday at 10AM". That means that the earliest these kids get to a class is about 2 PM. Are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        The coach of Miami was just on TV talking about if the noon early start would bother his team. He answered no "because we practice everyday at 10AM". That means that the earliest these kids get to a class is about 2 PM. Are you kidding me?
        Don't worry E60, those kids are still attending classes. The boosters pay people to attend for them. It's all good!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          Don't worry E60, those kids are still attending classes. The boosters pay people to attend for them. It's all good!
          The sad part is that even if they wanted to get an education they'd be shot by that time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Class? CLASS! We talkin' 'bout goin' to class!!? WTF IS THIS CLASS SHIT???

Comment

I didn't think that college sports could be as corrupt as they were 50 years ago but it seems to me that they have just blown by the crap that was going on then.

Comment

It's all about the money. These colleges don't give a rat's ass about whether or not these kids get an education. They're disposable heroes. The colleges want the money they get from having a successful football program. Period. Anything else is just a bunch of horseshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  It's all about the money. These colleges don't give a rat's ass about whether or not these kids get an education. They're disposable heroes. The colleges want the money they get from having a successful football program. Period. Anything else is just a bunch of horseshit.
                  bingo!!!------$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Baby just- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    Of course you are right EB and that was really my point in posting this. You would think that a coach wouldn't be so out and out blatant about it though. Here's another one for you about the legendary John Wooden. When he was hired at UCLA the AD told him not to worry about recruiting because the "ALUMNI TAKE CARE OF THAT FOR YOU"! Gee, no wonder the guy was such a good coach.

Comment

Working...
                    X