Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So tell me, how do you REALLY feel about Burrell??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So tell me, how do you REALLY feel about Burrell??

One of the funniest threads i've seen in a long while. :P

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showth ... genumber=1

yes, it sure was

Comment

I don't know why that thread got deleted. It was hilarious. I wonder if Blue Jay deleted it himself? That's gotta be on the all-time list of greatest internet meltdowns.

Comment

dammit.. i wanted to read it.

Comment

What was it?
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Let me preface this by saying it was indescribable, but I will do my best...

Basically there's another thread over there titled "Just Release Burrell" in which a heated debate raged over the worth of Pat the Bat. Two posters in particular were feverently defending him. So, Blue Jay who had been arguing in that thread, decides to post his own thread calling out those two posters.

It was vicious, crude, and he basically had nothing to say other than "Burrell is a DOG!!!" 7000 times, and basically just called them a-holes for daring to defend Burrell, over and over again. And he kept repeating that basically intentionally cost the team the game on Saturday.

He wasn't reading what anyone else wrote, though he was responding to every post in the thread with more rants. So, myself and some others started messing with him, and he didn't get it, which was funny. At that point the thread got really hilarious with people listing off these ridiculous "crimes" that Burrell was guilty of.

I don't think Blue Jay got that everyone was laughing at him till very late in the thread, he wondered why no one was backing him up, when in the other thread basically 90% of the board was agreeing with him. So he basically starting trashing everyone on the board.

You really had to have read it. Wouldn't be surprised if when sobriety struck this morning, ol' Blue Jay went back and deleted the entire thread, which the thread starter can do over there. Crowhuck was right in the middle of it playing along, so I don't think it got "moderated".

Sounds like a typical mean-spirited post, but it just evolved into this crazy off the wall thread, that in the end was one of the funniest things on the Phils board in years. Shame its gone. I would have liked to bump that thing like the Dallas Sucks thread for the next few years.

Comment

At least 2 other threads have gone missing over there also, one by Gman and the other by TY Webb.

I think GS has had some sort of meltdown over there also-- which is what prompted GMAN -- which in turnb prompted Ty Webb.

We need to get our Phillies site "perked" up some.

Comment

I deleted all of them. Sorry if it brought pleasure to read, but to me, I'm sick of it.

I haven't been around lately ... been on vacation, but this shit has to stop.

Comment

hey Cap! glad you're here

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAM
                    I deleted all of them. Sorry if it brought pleasure to read, but to me, I'm sick of it.

I haven't been around lately ... been on vacation, but this shit has to stop.
                    Never saw the other two...but I certainly can't blame you for deleting Blue Jay's thread. Its the kinda thing that's really funny for a regular to read, but its a bad reflection on the board. It was vulgar, and then morphed into nonsense.

I was trying to lighten the mood a bit, but I certainly am heavily responsible for keeping that thread going. So I apologize if the whole thing really pissed you off Scream. I'm usually on better behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                      Never saw the other two....
                      A little war between Gman and GS. Nothing new.

Comment

Captain, I honestly didn't even look at all the posters who posted in those threads (BlueJay included), so don't worry about it. I mostly was speaking of the crap between GMAN, hammer, GS, and TyWebb.

Why people can't grow up and just post stuff about Philly sports, I'll never know.

Comment

those 2 new guys are real pieces of crap. that's the first guy i ever had to put on ignore.
                          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I don't have anyone on ignore but there are a couple new posters who are getting there

Comment

Unfortunately the newbies are the product of the culture we've created among the regulars. They read all the heated back and forth among the regulars and think you've gotta act like an egotistical tough guy to get any attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X