• Show
Clear All

• Eagles Cap (maybe sticky this)

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadel...les/cash/2019/

Nick Foles - $20
    Tim Jernigan - $13
    Peters - $10
    McLeod - $9

Are the ones that jump out at me and that is $52 million roughly you could save.

They are $14 million over cap right now.

Chris Long -$5 million... he won’t be back IMO

So if you liquidated all that you go from $14 million over to $43 million under which is enough to get Jernigan and Graham back if you want them. Plus Hicks. Plus Darby. And then you nail the draft.
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 01-14-2019, 09:00 PM.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

I don't think they are 14 mills over the cap. I don't really trust those sites that much. For instance, OTC has the Eagles cap hit for Jernigan at 7 mill and only saving 5 if they cut him. However I remember reading all of the guarantees are gone and we recoup the entire 13 mills if they cut him.

Also have to remember they have about 8 million to roll over which I think get them under the cap and that is before the ones you noted above.

They also can convert Alshon's 12 mill guarantee into a signing bonus and lower his cap number by about 7 million.

In other words don't worry about the cap. We can go out and get whatever we want .
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I was just going to post that taz. We'll just kick the can down the road some more until we hit the National Debt.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree Taz. Nobody really knows but these guys always have appeared to be close.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I read a recap of free agency so far. The writer said Howie does the job at a higher level than most.

Comment

Based on the moves so far I think we are about $10-$12 million under. Going to need money for Carson toot sweet.

Comment

Based on my calculations after the Vinny Curry signing I think the Eagles are 24 million under.

The interesting thing is aside from Carson and possibly Agholor I can't think of anyone else they many want to extend. I think they have extended everyone that they wanted. Maybe Big V on a lower deal.

The Eagles are certainly in a position to pounce on anything that comes their way right now. That is a good position to be in

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Based on my calculations after the Vinny Curry signing I think the Eagles are 24 million under.

The interesting thing is aside from Carson and possibly Agholor I can't think of anyone else they many want to extend. I think they have extended everyone that they wanted. Maybe Big V on a lower deal.

The Eagles are certainly in a position to pounce on anything that comes their way right now. That is a good position to be in
                It's just so hard to figure out what a player is worth these days. Who knows what Aggie wants? We were all surprised that he got the $9 million this season. I wonder what Jefferys is thinking now after he got the same thing?

Comment

No hurry on Wentz, I don't see him being a pain in the ass and I believe they have him under control for this year and next. I would like to see him get through a season before handing him a boat anchor of a contract
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

MM I hear you but Agholor is still working on his rookie contract based on where he was drafted. I think you are right that Alshon might be underpaid but comparing it to NA is tough because that was his 5th year option.

Comment

I think that it's safe to unsticky this one.

Comment

By my calculations the Eagles are currently 26 million under the cap (after redoing Alshon's contract). If they roll all of that over to next year they will be 40 million under to start the year. Pretty amazing. Especially when you think about they have everyone they want to lock up locked up. The only two players who they may revisit is AghoDROP and Jordan Howard. But based on how much they are playing Sanders I think Howard is one and done here.

Comment

I just looked up our current projected cap room and it is $39 million.

And virtually all of our core players that we would like to keep are signed.

So that includes the Wentz contract. It also includes Cox, AJ, Brooks, Lane, plus Bradham and Jenkins and Brandon Graham.

That is good news. More good news...

The Cowboys 2020 free agents are Dak, Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Robert Quinn, Sean Lee, Antwaun Woods, Tavon Austin, and Byron Jones. That is about $60 million worth of players they are going to have to resign

Based on what I saw last night, I'd target the hell out of Byron Jones in this off season if for nothing else to drive up his price.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            I just looked up our current projected cap room and it is $39 million.

And virtually all of our core players that we would like to keep are signed.

So that includes the Wentz contract. It also includes Cox, AJ, Brooks, Lane, plus Bradham and Jenkins and Brandon Graham.

That is good news. More good news...

The Cowboys 2020 free agents are Dak, Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Robert Quinn, Sean Lee, Antwaun Woods, Tavon Austin, and Byron Jones. That is about $60 million worth of players they are going to have to resign

Based on what I saw last night, I'd target the hell out of Byron Jones in this off season if for nothing else to drive up his price.

60 million? Hell Dak wants 35 million himself!!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                            X