Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign CB James (Peterson)

"Monday, October 30, 2006

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have signed CB William James (formerly Will Peterson) to a one-year contract. To make room on the 53-man roster, the team released CB Dexter Wynn.

“William is someone that we have liked for a long time, going back to when I was in Miami when he was coming out in the draft,” said Eagles general manager Tom Heckert. “We obviously know him very well from playing against him two times a year while he was with the Giants. He’s a really good cover corner who has good size and when healthy, he was a very productive player for the Giants. We feel very confident that he will help us in the near future.”

The 27-year old James was a third round draft choice of the New York Giants in 2001 and played in 51 games (39 starts) for the Giants, recording 199 tackles, 35 passes defensed, five interceptions and one forced fumble. He set career highs in 2004 with 69 tackles, 16 passes defensed, and two interceptions. James was limited to just two games played in 2005 due to a back injury, and was later released on May 26, 2006.

James (6-0, 200) began his collegiate career at Michigan and played two seasons for the Wolverines before transferring to Western Illinois. He is a native of Uniontown, PA."
    -PE.com

*I'm okay as long as Wynn is now off the team.

What's the story with the name change?
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

That's what I've been trying to look up for the last few minutes. James is/was his middle name.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        What's the story with the name change?

He's been reincarnated with a new spinal column!

Serioulsy, if he can get beyond the back problems that have hobled him the last 2 years, he could be a really good pickup.

Comment

As long as his name change isn't affecting him in the same way that William Thomas, then I'm fine.
          "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

There's one way to get over the toast associated with your name, just change it.

Comment

HEY, A DECENT SIZED CORNER, WOOHOOO!
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Does he call running plays?
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

BWAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Question. Why did the Giants decide to let him go? Now?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                      Question. Why did the Giants decide to let him go? Now?
                      I beleive they gave up on him because what appeared to be chronic back problems.

Something about him being related to Mr Loopner from the Bill Murray days on SNL.

Comment

Chronic back problems have plagued him but he's never been all that impressive.

Comment

SAPADARO's LATEST:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ ... p?id=58729

The addition of William James is one of those signings that, in different circumstances, would make you stand up and say, "YES! The Eagles just gave themselves a boost that shows how smart this front office really is."
                          I believe that is how much adding James can mean to this defense. It's a reason I'm still so high on this team, on this organization, on the vision here and on the confidence I have that the second half of the year will be so much better than the first half.

Sounds like this guy will get our running game going, get our defensive linemen to try and get the LB's to make plays all in one signing...BRILLIANT!

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

He is such a friggin lackey. If Peterson/James is such a great addition - why did he sit on the street for so long?

Comment

Apparently Steve there were about 12 teams interested in James and he chose the Birds.I don't see this as a great move but an improvement in the secondary.I'm guessing he'll play in the "dime" and play ST's as well.Kinda curious that Hanson was kept on & Wynn was cut.Both were poor in the secondary although Hanson has gotten better but I haven't seen much of Hanson on ST's.Dexter had his shot at returning punts and showed flashes but now it's looking like Reno reclaimed the PR spot.
                              Adding James probably puts Hood at KR and it's time for Lito or Westy as PR starting next week.
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X