Starting Lineup vs. Faiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Lineup vs. Faiders

Ok, I'll take a shot, no Gaffney jokes here, at the starting lineup vs. the Raiders...

QB: McNabb will play the 1st half, Garcia 3rd Q, Detmer 4th...

P: Johnson all season long...he has looked good in camp so I have been told.

K: Akers...he hit one from 60 the other day supposedly...got to hate those UDFA stiffs...

RB: Westy gets alot of action IMO, definitely 1st half and maybe even 3rd Q. Bucky will sit out. Moats and Perry will backup and get a good amount of touches running/pass catching.

FB: Parry unfortunately...Tapeh has gotten some good press since he returned from the camp injury, but will not play until the 2nd half

TE: LJ and Schobi Wan Knobi will get alot of time thru the 1st half at least...Thorn will get 2nd half touches...I envision alot of two TE sets this game...

WR: Pinky out. Brown, McCants and Gaffney starters...(pay me later, Fresh. I only take cash). Baskett, Jenkins and Lewis will get alot of time in the 2nd half...

OL: Pretty obvious...Thomas, Herremanns, Jackson, Andrews, Big Jon to start and backup line of Justice, Young/Gilles, Fraley, Clarke, Armstrong/McCoy.

DL: Howard, Patterson, Walker, Kearse...(Bunkley get your ass in here!!) and plenty of reps for Cole, J-Mac, Ramsey, Marshall, Jasper, Thomas, is Rayburn healthy?

LB: McCoy, Trot and Jones...Richmond, Gaither, Simy, Roper and Barber will get plenty of reps later in the game, Barber will in nickel situations too from the start.

CB: Lito and Brown...sounds good to me with Hood, Strickland, Wynn getting time later...

S: Dawk and Lewis...raise your game Michael...with Considine, Ware, Mikell (healthy?), and of course Reed getting time...

KR: Bloom or Reed...cannot wait to see this again. From all reports he is looking really good.

PR: I would go Perry right now, but expect Mahe or Hood to have chances...

LS: Bartrum
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

"RB: Westy gets alot of action IMO, definitely 1st half and maybe even 3rd Q."

- No chance Lance. 1 Quarter max for starters. I belive McNabb, Westbrook and Reggie may only play 1 series total.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

the starters will play a series or two

Comment

I said it in another thread - i wouldn't play the starters at all. Let the starters have their usual 4 preseason games w/ Reid's usual schedule for playing time. This game is just an extra chance to get guys injured.

I want lots of Timmy Chang and Bruce Perry and Hank Baskett!

Comment

One series for the O (unless it is 3 and out, then 2).
          Two series for the D.

Comment

I'm sure Reid would like nothing more than for the offensive starters to come out on their first series, execute a nice drive, and take the rest of the night off. On defense, we've got a lot of guys in the mix, and I don't expect to see much of guys like Kearse, Howard, Dawkins, Trot, or the corners.

Comment

Let them use this as their normal first preseaon game-- play a half and out-- then nothing more than a series or 2 until the game #4(the normal #3) and then nothing till opening day.

Comment

Even if they use this as their "first" preseason game I don't think they'd get a half. Maybe a quarter.

My guess though is two series MAX for McNabb, Westy, Brown, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                  Let them use this as their normal first preseaon game-- play a half and out-- then nothing more than a series or 2 until the game #4(the normal #3) and then nothing till opening day.
                  That is my take as well...this is the first pre-season game and the starters usually play alot and then less and less in the games as we get closer to the season starting...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                    That is my take as well...this is the first pre-season game and the starters usually play alot and then less and less in the games as we get closer to the season starting...
                    Actually the 3rd preseason game is when they veterans play the most. The starters play a little the 1st game, a little more in the 2nd, then like an entire half and maybe some of the 3rd quarter in the 3rd one, then the starters mostly sit and watch during the 4th and final game.

Comment

I think we'll see a full quarter from the starters. The next game is only four days away, so then they might only get two series or so, then continue things normally.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                        Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                        Actually the 3rd preseason game is when they veterans play the most. The starters play a little the 1st game, a little more in the 2nd, then like an entire half and maybe some of the 3rd quarter in the 3rd one, then the starters mostly sit and watch during the 4th and final game.
                        You are dead right...that is the normal routine. I think they will play more this game.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I also believe one series for both offensive and defensive starters and then we see what kind of depth we have and if the younger guys have improved.
                          I miss Philly!

Comment

Working...
                          X