Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hines Ward turns down $10M Signing Bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hines Ward turns down $10M Signing Bonus?

IanB- what the hell is going on in pittsburgh?
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

I have no idea, Hines is being a huge asshole right now. I love the guy for the way he plays and always thought he had a pretty good attitude but if he screws the team over like this I'll lose a lot of respect for him. There's rumors that he'll sit out until the sixth game of the season, then come back so he can get paid his current salary.

Comment

Phew. Holdout ended.

Comment

well, he showed up in good faith. they still need to work out a contract.

Comment

This is becoming all to common in the NFL. I wish I could just not show up for work next fiscal year, in hopes of getting more money. They'd replace me before my chair was cold.
          I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
            This is becoming all to common in the NFL. I wish I could just not show up for work next fiscal year, in hopes of getting more money. They'd replace me before my chair was cold.
            I've been thinking about having an agent renegotiate my comp as well. Cause I risk my life every day to go to work and I feel like I deserve to be among the top 10 paid workers. I'm heartbroken.

Plus last year, they made me sign a double-secret waiver.

Comment

I want my agent to negotiate a "no fire" clause.
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X