Torrance 'Tank' Daniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrance 'Tank' Daniels

Anyone think he can make a push at some time next year?

With all of the problems at LB, I'm sure he will at least get a look.

Does anyone know anything about him? How he looked last preseason? Can he make a serious push for a starting spot?
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Theo, I've liked him all year. I like his size (6'3 24 and speed. He was always around the ball in the preseason games. He couldn't be any worse than Dhani. He could be like Emmons IMHO

like Considine he may need to bulk up a bit. Skinny arms

then again, I used to defend Quinton Caver...so WTF do I know?

Comment

Daniels is an interesting case. Like Gocong he comes out of Div 2A with some outstanding numbers. He also has size and speed. Several reviewers mention his excperience at S which makes me wonder where is he best suited to help us in 07. Is he a possible WLB or maybe a wild card at say SS?

"The token Division II player on this list is Torrance "Tank" Daniels of Harding College. His name is not included just to have a DII player; he is a legitimate talent. Daniels is one of the more versatile defenders in this draft. He was a four year starter at rover, playing a hybrid safety/linebacker role. That is quite a feat for a player that is 6'4 245lbs. Not only has he played roles similar to that of a safety and a linebacker, Daniels has also lined up as a defensive end for the Bison. His career numbers show his versatility: 237 tackles, 34 for loss, 18 sacks, seven interceptions, 27 passes defensed, 11 forced fumbles, and five fumble recoveries. On the field, Daniels shows the necessary speed and athleticism to play at the next level. He also did not get the nickname "Tank" for no reason, as he has delivered numerous devastating hits during his four year career. Of course, coming from such a small school, there are concerns about how well he projects to the next level. Talent is not the issue, but the speed and pace of the game are. Tank Daniels is the epitome of a developmental prospect. He may not hear his name called in April, but he is a guy that could stick on a practice squad for a year or two, the slowly work his way on to the field, beginning with special teams."

Comment

Working...
      X