Eagles Ink RFA DT Jenkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Ink RFA DT Jenkins

May 27, 2009 | Last Updated: 5/27/09 11:25 AM ET | Comments (2)

The Eagles signed rookie free agent defensive tackle Trevor Jenkins on Wednesday to a contract.
    A four-year letterman at Middle Tennessee State, the 6-1, 287-pound Jenkins earned second-team All-Sun Belt Conference honors as a senior in 2008. He started in 37 of 47 contests during his collegiate career, recording 105 tackles, 25 tackles for a loss and two sacks.
    The Macon, GA, native helped lead Stratford Academy to the Georgia 3A state championship after collecting 95 tackles and eight sacks as a senior.

Looks like a camp body, way under sized for a DT.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

We really need to find separate terms for 'rookie free agent' and 'restricted free agent'. I thought the Eagles had signed Cullen Jenkins or something.

287 isn't that bad for a DT. It's below an ideal playing weight, but a practice squadder would have time to pack on a few more, 10 pounds would get him up to 297, that's not so undersized.

Comment

rookies - UDFA
      restricted - RFA
      unrestricted - UFA

how's that?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Rocket science there leif. Seems to me that might be the way the NFL does it also.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
          Rocket science there leif. Seems to me that might be the way the NFL does it also.
          I knew that college edjumacation would come in handy someday.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I guess he's not even going to get the chance to be a camp body.

Amid all the hype of Donovan McNabb's reworked contract, the Eagles quietly released defensive tackle Trevor Jenkins today, solidifying the 80-man training camp roster.
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
            X