Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just win baby.

Want this mess to go away?

Play great football, and win games. If McNabb kicks a$$, and the team is winning, this stuff will shrivel up and die. If the reverse happens, you'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

Sal Pal is going on the assumption that TO's book is accurate and truthful!!!!!!!!!!!

If so, he is Stoopid!!!!!!!!!

Who the F cares what TO sez--- he is a proven liar. Where is that waiver again????

Hell even now TO is saying he was misquoted in his own book.......

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

T.O. misquoted in autobiography

Cowboys WR claims co-author made up some wording

Posted: Friday July 14, 2006 1:20PM;
      Updated: Friday July 14, 2006 2:17PM

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens says plenty in his new book. Except for one word he now claims he didn't say.

But making a big deal of an apparent misquotation -- despite the sentence being written in the first-person -- is the kind of media nitpicking Owens would lament in his 242-page book that mostly offers his side of two tumultuous seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

In T.O., which debuted last week, Owens likens former teammate Donovan McNabb to a bully who spat in his mouth as a teenager while he innocently slept on a school bus.

The new Dallas Cowboys receiver also devotes pages to his perceived vilification in the press and described his quick comeback from a leg fracture in 2004 as, "If you'll forgive me for saying so ... nothing short of heroic."

But forgive him or not, Owens said Thursday during a book signing near the Cowboys' headquarters that it was "T.O." co-author Jason Rosenhaus who invented that particular phrasing.

Rosenhaus is the younger brother of Owens' agent, Drew, who Owens credits in T.O. for the three-year, $25 million contract he got from the Cowboys in March. Jason often works with his brother on contracts.

"(Heroic) was one of the words that Jason used," said Owens, after signing his book for about 400 fans and collectors at a Wal-Mart near the Cowboys' headquarters. "... I can't say that I called it 'heroic."'

The discrepancy seems to contradict Owens' assertion of "These are my words, straight from me to you" on the book's second page.

But that bothered Cowboys fans at the Wal-Mart about as much as when Dallas signed the controversial receiver, who once grandstanded on the Cowboys' star logo at Texas Stadium when he was with San Francisco in 2000.

Full article---

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/f ... ion=si_nfl

Comment

Dunno. Not so sure you can easily dismiss what Sal Pal has said here. Sure, some of it is fluff, but he claims to have corroborated the story with a witness to the event. TO may be a liar, but is Sal? I'm not ready to say that.

As for why Andy might have considered letting TO back on the field, one reason is simple. Trade value. If he could have gotten TO back out there producing, the chance of our being able to successfully find a trade partner for TO would have been enhanced greatly. We tried, but failed.

For those of you who want to dismiss that there was a rift in the locker room, and that TO didn't have any support vs McNabb, I think you're delusional. TO is gone now, and I think the players know it's in there best interest to line up proper, now. But I am confident that there was a decisive split there, and certainly not everybody, maybe not even the majority, was in support of Donovan.

I'll get blasted for this, but I don't know that DOnovan is the classy, selfless guy that everyone wants to think, he might just be a better politician. Don't bother arguing with me about it, because it can't be PROVEN either way, and will always be a subjective thing. But I will put more stock in something a guy like Trotter says, as I simply find him more trustworth, and not politically affected.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
          This bothers me. Why would Reid even entertain the notion at that point? Talk about wishy- washy.

Ol Sal Pal might be right about one thing. This mess is far from over.
          You can look at it another way. Heading into an arbitration you want to show that you have tried in good faith to resolve your dispute on your side. Call it playing along. Remember arbitration isn't always fair and anything can and does happen. You don't want someone characterizing you as unwilling to negotiate even if you are.

It sounds to me like it was a smart move with little downside. If McNabb squashed it then so what? I couldn't blame him, There are always two sides to a story and we cannot judge TO or McNabb or Andy Reid but the Arbitrator can and he heard all this stuff and still issued a scathing decision statement against TO.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH

I'll get blasted for this, but I don't know that DOnovan is the classy, selfless guy that everyone wants to think, he might just be a better politician. Don't bother arguing with me about it, because it can't be PROVEN either way, and will always be a subjective thing. But I will put more stock in something a guy like Trotter says, as I simply find him more trustworth, and not politically affected.
            Trotter is just as bad as TO. I will never forget the phrase" I don't care who you have to cut. Just get me mine." Trotter would be the last one I would listen to on the Eagles. Just like TO he is motivated by the same thing. No I am not trying to change your mind FRESH.

As far as Sal Pal goes, he gets paid to start crap. I don't put much stock into what any member of the media says and that includes both pro and against the Iggs. EVERYBODY has a bias.

But like I said earlier I can't believe after doing the same crap with 2 different teams that anybody would put any thought into something TO says.
            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

But like I said earlier I can't believe after doing the same crap with 2 different teams that anybody would put any thought into something TO says. "
              Grreat point that many people seem to overlook!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't a one time thing.

Comment

Blitz, if Trotter DID in fact say that, i don't know how it can be construed as a lie. Sounds like something MOST athletes probably feel, but never have the balls to say. And like him for it or not, Trotter DID have the balls to step up, both publicly and obviously behind the scenes to fix this rift in the Eagles organization. Didn't work out, because TO is a headcase, but he tried. And he was honest and open about it. He's been called an idiot for that, but one thing I never held against TO was for honestly speaking his mind. I can't fault a guy for that, even in the face of discretion being a better course at times.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Somebody told him not to take me back," Owens writes. He rules out the front office -- team owner Jeffrey Lurie and team president Joe Banner -- because he surmises that Reid has the upper hand in all football decisions. He doesn't believe it was Reid. "

Or it could have been

Reid(even though TO says HE didn't think it was) ,, or Lurie or Banner or Mrs Reid or Mrs Lurie or Mcnabb or Childress or it couls have been EVERY SINGLE PERSON REID TALKED TO ABOUT IT or a hundred other people---but because TO, the same "I signed a waiver " TO says it, Sal Pal lays much weight on it being Mcnabb???????????

Talk about no factual information,, yet a monstrous leap to a conclusion!!!!

And Freshie, I won't try to change your mind either,,, but I think after watching both players and reading about both players for just say the last 6 years-- I'll go with #5 being the LESS selfesh, the BETTER person, the BETTER team mate then the other guy!!!!!!! But hey, that's just me.

Trotter???? The man that said he wanted 60 million like Ray Ray, the man that wanted to be the highest paid MLB, the man that couldn't abide by the contract that he signed to the point where he made such a ruckus that the Eagles released him --- he is MORE trustworthy???? Why???? Cause he said some things that maybe you wanted to hear or because he seemed to be on TO's side --- that doesn't make him more trustworthy, just a guy trying to support his own agenda!

As far as the locker room goes, IMHO, there was a split------ created by gossip and inuendo ------ by the cancer--- but that split is and was and always will be based on which guy was talking to which camp at which time. And never was close to a 50/50 split or any kind of split in TO's favor-- most probaly only guys said what he wanted to hear so that he wouldn't go postal on them in his NEXT book!

Comment

Trotter couldn't abide by his contract? What contract? Unless you're calling the franchise tag a contract, which he never signed. And heaven forbid a pro athlete wanting to get paid big bucks. That'll never happen again.........

And you saying the locker room wasn't a 50/50 split is as without foundation as anyone saying that it was.

Comment

Trotter couldn't abide by his contract? What contract? Unless you're calling the franchise tag a contract, which he never signed. And heaven forbid a pro athlete wanting to get paid big bucks. That'll never happen again.........

And you saying the locker room wasn't a 50/50 split is as without foundation as anyone saying that it was.
                      Freshie, I'm not talking about his personal contract but the contract, the CBA, HIS union negoitiated and agreed to for him, and as a union member he not only agreed to but was bound by!!!

BUT he didn't like it when it pertained to him and it restricted him and he acted like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum.

It's ok to accept all the good things in the CBA,,, but when it potentially hurt him(his perception)--- well that's a different story. And you're right he did say and do all the right things in order to repair his bridge in Philly ---and I commended him then and I do now--- but that doesn't make him any more "trustworthy" than Mcnabb is.

And you're right and that was my point anout the locker room-- nobody knows for sure-- but what we do is that maybe 4 guys publicily came out on each side--- that leaves like 45 others that we never heard about--- and all we heard was rampant speculation from the media.

My point about the locker room was that guys would say one thing to TO when he was around and totally different things when Mcnabb was around--- that's just human nature, I didn't have to be there to know how it works.

And now that TO is gone--- so is the cancer there should be NO lingering affects in that locker room other than the annoyance of Dullass week when the media will drag it up again.

Comment

Trot's been known to shoot off his mouth, that's for sure. Andy try to stroke him last year but it didn't work. I wonder how much of this whole mess was just anti management? It's sure not "Happy Valley" anymore.

This team needs to get off to a really hot start or the wheels might fall off.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60
                          Trot's been known to shoot off his mouth, that's for sure. Andy try to stroke him last year but it didn't work. I wonder how much of this whole mess was just anti management? It's sure not "Happy Valley" anymore.

This team needs to get off to a really hot start or the wheels might fall off.
                          This is the sort of thing that makes me glad that the team has steady personalities like Reid (and I'll even include McNabb there too), and some new blood that wasn't around last year, and so wasn't poisoned by the bad locker room stench (Darren Howard, Schobel, guys in the new rookie class like Bunkley, Justice, Gocong, etc., heck let's include Reggie Brown, Mike Patterson and Trent Cole too, their rookie year was a 6-10 record, they might be hungry to be the main contributors to their first winning season).
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

snip ... As for why Andy might have considered letting TO back on the field, one reason is simple. Trade value. If he could have gotten TO back out there producing, the chance of our being able to successfully find a trade partner for TO would have been enhanced greatly. We tried, but failed.....

... but I don't know that DOnovan is the classy, selfless guy that everyone wants to think, he might just be a better politician......
                            Wow.

First - The Eagles held the line (right or wrong) and absolutely made no concessions to T.O. in order improve T.O's trade value. They gave him a couple of "second chances" and then shut him down. Period. Not sure how you can interpet anything the Eagles did as trying to maintain trade value in this case. Quite the opposite, they seem to have gone out of their way to discourage trades.

Second - As far as integrity... Dmac vs. T.O. Are you serious? You may be correct in one thing, nothing can be proved. But sheez... the record speaks for itself.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Phutile, in response to the question of why Reid might have considered letting TO back on the field, I responded with this as a conceivable reason. Trade value.

And no, I am not comparing TO and McNabb in integrity. I'm saying McNabb may be more politician, less straighforward. Not in comparison to TO, but in comparison to the public perception of McNabb. Can't take a lot of what he says publicly with any seriousness. While someone like Trotter is less likely to be crafty/clever or deceptive in the media.

Comment

And no, I am not comparing TO and McNabb in integrity. I'm saying McNabb may be more politician, less straighforward. Not in comparison to TO, but in comparison to the public perception of McNabb. Can't take a lot of what he says publicly with any seriousness. While someone like Trotter is less likely to be crafty/clever or deceptive in the media.
                                This I agree with 100%. I don't think McNabb will ever be 100% with the media and I really can't blame him. I don't blame any other player for that matter. Just like I will never blame TO for speaking his mind. But I do blame him for the way he went about it.

I just have a major mistrust of what most players say. Since FA has hit I have heard stuff like, "I do this for the fans not the money", yet the first big time offer that comes through they're gone. I don't mind the fact that they are leaving for the money but just come straight out and say it. Don't hide behind a big wall of lies that gets exposed the minute someone offers you $10,000 more than the team you are currently playing for.

Kind of like Reggie White saying God told him to go to Green Bay. Sure Reggie it had nothing to do with Green Bay's offer being one of if not the highest.
                                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                                X