Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gruden might be getting itchy

Report: Jon Gruden eyeing a return to coaching

Former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden might be eyeing a return to coaching, Charlie Campbell of Walterfootball reports. Sources around him have shared that he is looking into different assistant coaches around the league and seeing what their potential availability will be after the 2012 season.

Assistant coaches mentioned are fired Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo and special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

Sources have said that Gruden's return to coaching is dependent on it being a perfect situation. He isn't interested in smaller-market teams like those he has coached at previously. Gruden wants a big-market team with good ownership and some talent on the roster. Thus, teams like Dallas, Philadelphia and the New York Jets could be potential landing spots if they make a change.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Sign me up. Anything that puts Reid out the door at this point.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Sign me up. Anything that puts Reid out the door at this point.

Got that right!

Comment

You know, Gruden and his bullshit media ass kissing can go f himself.

In the past couple of weeks, he's just shown himself to be a disingenuous sycophant.

Comment

I want Chucky here!
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

If he's getting itchy let's hope he gets some ointment and stays the hell away from the Eagles!! Especially if he's talking to Castillo!!! Jeez!!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Re: Castillo. That would be special. Reid exiting and Castillo returning on the staff of his potential successor. How would the fans react to THAT? LOL! Oh and though it wasn't written here, what if he brings him in and make him DC again???

Comment

I don't have any problem with Juan coaching olinemen.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I don't have any problem with Juan coaching olinemen.
                  Me neither.

Comment

Exactly. Gruden talking to castillo as a potential member of his staff is a bad thing? Are you sure?
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I didnt intend to suggest that as a negative. I thought that it might be amusing to consider the possibility of saying hello (again) to Juan while saying goodbye to Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                        I didnt intend to suggest that as a negative. I thought that it might be amusing to consider the possibility of saying hello (again) to Juan while saying goodbye to Reid.
                        I doubt Juan would want to come back as o-line coach but I don't think anyone would object to that. But it'll never happen. Clean slate and all that.

Comment

Listening to Gruden the other night doing the Eagles he certainly has the itch. I think the itch is to coach the Eagles. He sees the talent, and thinks he can turn it around. I think he can, plus he does really like Foles. The situation the Eagles are in is much the same as Tampa was in before Gruden got there and we saw what he did with Brad Johnson at QB and Joe Jurvious. Gruden would bring an attitude to this team that left when B Dawk left the building.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Bring it on! Adios Reid & Vick. First move by Chucky would be to annoint Foles as his starting QB. This Team needs a new "voice" & a total culture change. Chucky brings that to the table.
                            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                              Bring it on! Adios Reid & Vick. First move by Chucky would be to annoint Foles as his starting QB. This Team needs a new "voice" & a total culture change. Chucky brings that to the table.

I completely disagree with this! If Gruden comes in (and I personally hope he doesn't) but if he does, his SECOND move should be to replace Vick with Foles. His first move should be to replace most of the current crap oline guys with some who are healthy, durable and interchangeable. The fact that we have no depth at all is the reason Andy will be moving to SD next summer. Get a solid oline in place with good back up players and only then send in Foles. Putting him back there right now will not only shatter his confidence but also risk a long term injury. Vick is expendable and should continue to serve as the punching bag until the line can be fixed.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X