And BTW for those Reid bashers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevemc
    I find it odd with Reid being the control freak that he is that he'd allow Akers the lee-way to do something like this. I believe the reports - I just find it odd he'd allow that much latitude to any player not named McNabb. I bet that latitude does not exist anymore.
    I think Reid gives the lattitude to Harbaugh, and Harbaugh in turn gives the lattitude to Akers. I think Reid lets Harbaugh have absolute power over the special teams, save for perhaps onside kick decisions.

Comment

Eagles coach John Harbaugh was hard on himself for telling Reid to fake a 54-yard field goal in the first half.

David Akers wound up throwing an 11-yard pass as time expired to tight end Matt Schobel, much to the dismay of Reid. Though the long field goal was a high-risk venture, it might have been a better option.

"It's not really a touchdown play anyway, it's a first-down play," Harbaugh said of the fake. "With a second left on the clock, I'm looking back and saying it wasn't a good call even from the beginning."

The percentage of making a 54-yard field goal from the end Akers would have kicked is much more of a longshot than at the other end, where the ball carries. Packers kicker Dave Rayner drilled a 54-yarder at the other, much more forgiving goal posts.

Harbaugh thought the fake would work when he saw the Packers line up without a safety. After a timeout, Koren Robinson dropped back at safety for Green Bay. Eagles holder Dirk Johnson, new to the job, could have called the play off but didn't see the safety. Johnson was kneeling.

Comment

Although it pains me to do so, I am giving Reid the benefit of the doubt (Since I saw the look on his face after the play).

Let it hereby be known: Reid is exonerated for the botched field goal play (We'll let you go this time, but don't let it happen again!).

Signed: Stocknowledge, Secretary to President Fresh, Society of Reid Bashers

Dated: October 4, 2006
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Audible. 100%.

Koren Robinson didn't drop back to cover anyone - he heard that there was free Burbon in the locker room and was getting a head start...
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
            Although it pains me to do so, I am giving Reid the benefit of the doubt (Since I saw the look on his face after the play).

Let it hereby be known: Reid is exonerated for the botched field goal play (We'll let you go this time, but don't let it happen again!).

Signed: Stocknowledge, Secretary to President Fresh, Society of Reid Bashers

Dated: October 4, 2006

LOL! Nice one Stock!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I object to the naming convention used in this thread.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
              X