• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The cancer that is TO.............

Thanks for the link.

TO is bipolar.
    Close to the edge everyday.

Perfect irony for Jones' choice to hire him.
    Jerry, you paid the guy, now deal with the
    very real problem TO presents. Dallas is on
    the downswing, despite having a lot of talent.
    I could care less except that it helps the
    Eagles chances in the near term.

Comment

I wonder who leaked the story, come to think of it......those teammates really sound like they've thrown their hands up in the air and said, "Oh, whatever......." I mean, really, they're still in playoff contention, and they've got a big game that's just a few days away. It's a bad, bad time to be having a controversy when they should be getting prepared to play.

The Dallas media is starting to respond.......this one's a trip. Granted, I think that Galloway's been a basher of Owens for a while (he calls him "Eldorado" a lot), but he has a field day with this one:

Terrell Owens at it again, and this time he has company
      RANDY GALLOWAY
      [email protected]

Look, it’s Eldorado Owens doing again what Eldo has always done. No new news here.

He’s an excuse-making, finger-pointing, fake-crying (that January scene is still laughable) fool. A talented football fool, although not worth the fraudulent behavior to any team with an owner in his right mind.

That’s why Owens is at Valley Ranch.

When the strong media reports surfaced at Valley Ranch on Thursday, it was no surprise Eldo was again involved in excuse-making, finger-pointing, and fake-crying, this time about his role in the offense.

Look out, Tony Romo. As if Tony doesn’t have enough problems, now he’s got Eldo mounting one of his familiar campaigns to take down a quarterback, and take down a team.

Great timing, of course. Owens could care less it’s the Giants coming to Texas Stadium on Sunday night. And that the Cowboys are in a win-or-else situation. He’s the Me Man.

But Romo must be doing something right. This time Eldo is involved in a back-stabbing campaign, based on several reports. With Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia he was verbally out front in going for the jugular, not the back.

In a case of bad judgment, Patrick Crayton and newcomer Roy Williams were receivers who became Owens’ lap dogs, joining Eldo in taking their complaints on Romo to offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

Too bad for Crayton and Uno Uno. They lowered themselves to slime level. The whine of the threesome, according to Clarence Hill of this newspaper, was Romo’s distribution of passes favoring tight end Jason Witten.

A "buddy system" was the focus, which means Witten was getting more balls (which he’s not, at least compared with Owens) because he and Romo are close friends. This crap, of course, has Eldo written all over it.

Then ESPN.com’s Ed Werder followed with a report right out of Desperate Housewives, male version.

Get this:

"?…Owens has expressed resentment toward Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback’s relationship with Witten.

"Owens feels that Romo and Witten hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations." And Romo "seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless whether Owens is open."

This is like a squabble in eight-grade girls’ P.E.

Unfortunately, there’s no reason to doubt the validity of any of it. It’s Owens.

For the record, Werder, a veteran reporter and a longtime member of the Cowboys’ media contingent, was "congratulated" Thursday by a Valley Ranch front office executive for "writing the truth about this guy."

Actually, the biggest worry here really isn’t Owens, or at least he shouldn’t be. Jerry Jones continues to dangle dead rats by the tail, and the snake eats well due to Mr. Jones’ pampering. Eldo is simply being Eldo.

But where is the leadership at Valley Ranch? How does Garrett, for one, allow three whining wideouts to come in for a shoulder cry without first telling them, "Hey, let me get Romo and Witten in here, and we can all hash it out?"

Weak, Jason. Real weak.

Then there’s Wade. His reply on Thursday at Valley Ranch was, "I know nothing." The sad truth is he was telling the truth. Wade knows nothing.

Jerry? He’s still in hiding after his stupid remarks postgame in Pittsburgh concerning Marion Barber’s "toughness."

Snow cone stands have more leadership than the Valley Ranch football team.

Romo, meanwhile, is coming off his Pittsburgh moment, and attempting to recover in time for the Giants.

But the irony of Owens yelping about favoritism for Witten is that Romo’s biggest interception problem of this season is attempting to force passes to Eldo. Two of the picks in Pittsburgh were on balls thrown to Owens, the first of which he was a disgrace in flat quitting on a route.

Reportedly, Eldo is still miffed because he was open on the game-deciding pick thrown in Pittsburgh late in the fourth quarter. It’s true, according to those who break down film. Owens was open at the sticks.

The problem for Romo was that he had a blitzing linebacker in his grill and on a "hot" read, threw what he hoped would be a timing route pass to Witten.

On the last play of that game, Crayton was open at the 50-yard line, and Romo flat missed him, instead hurling a pass in Witten’s direction that he never saw.

After that loss in Pittsburgh, Owens was a finger-pointing fool, directing all the blame at Romo, who had already taken the blame. It’s not that Eldo wasn’t factual, just flat wrong in saying it, while also not mentioning his gutless lack of effort on one of the picks.

Oh, yeah, did I mention the Giants are coming to town? It’s win or else for the Cowboys. But the struggling quarterback is already being blitzed and blindsided like crazy. By his own receivers.

Nice team.
      And this is just a few days after Jerrah criticizes Maron Barber's toughness?
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

You guys are 100% wrong on this. It's not poor T.O.'s fault at all! It's the media trying to make him look crazy!! ( ) This is so reminiscent of the "O.D." crap from a few years ago. I mean seriously, TO isn't a Doctor. How could he possibly know that mixing large quantities of various pills would result in a trip to the emergency room in order to save his life? Like I said he's not a doctor, he just misread the labels.

And when he was on the Eagles he said McNabb was out of shape in the Super Bowl and it cost them the game. True or not he was just expressing his opinion and he has every right in the world to do that. And the thing with Reid? Just because the guy has a high fashion sense and chooses to wear fatigues to camp the media jumps all over it and creates the whole "going to war" fiasco that became a self-fulfilling prophesy. And it continued on right into TO's driveway. They made such a big deal out him doing crunches but no one bothered to realize that the guy was just trying to get in a good workout so he could stay in shape. He had just been thrown out of camp - whats he going to do? Sit on the couch and eat potato chips? I might do that but not TO! He was too committed to his team and his QB to let them down like that! He didn't hold a grudge - instead he used every minute to work out and get in better shape for his team - not even taking time off to answer a few questions! THAT'S dedication!!

And now they're at it again down in Dallas. Poor T.O. What's a guy have to do to get a fair break from the negative based media? They're always looking to make him out to be a bad guy! It's not TO. It's the media - they follow him everywhere and manufacture stories about him and it's just not right!!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

What's forgotten in Dallas is this crap started when Bledsoe was QB. TO started to complain about his QB publicly but since Romo replace Bledsoe it was all forgotten.

To TO's credit he's a passionate, talented WR. To his detriment he doesn't know when to shut his mouth and just play football.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy

To TO's credit he's a passionate, talented WR. To his detriment he is batshit crazy.
            fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy
              To TO's credit he's a passionate, talented WR. To his detriment he is batshit crazy and the worst of all teammates.
              Updated.

Comment

I just watched the PC with Wade Phillips and he says undenialably that "there is no division within the locker room".
                Translation:It's a goatfuck! Couldn't happen to a nicer group of doucebags.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Wow. Just, wow........this sounds so much like 2005, it's eerie. The biggest differences are the names and the colors of the uniforms.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...64546&n8pe6c=2
                  Watch the video. Highlights:
                  The scope of this problem extends beyond Witten-Romo-Owens. A lot of guys on defense think that Owens should be getting the ball more.

At about :50, he quotes one player said that "the biggest threat that Owens poses, is not his own discontent, but that he's willing to poison the minds of other players against his quarterback."

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...ideoId=3763681
                  Here's another one. This might've been the segment where the story first broke. Supposedly it's been going on for much of the season...
                  ...the unnamed player mentions that "it's always something with him...and he brings other people into it..."
                  He mentions that Romo's always tried to make sure Owens knew he was appreciated, at 2:50-3:10 he says that "Tony's over the mind games...it would help if Tony would stand up to him, but he would never do it, he does a great job of ignoring it and not letting it affect him, and that's why it's worked as well as it has...it's just hard. At this point everybody feels that we're going to need him, so let's not tick him off."

At 3:30, the anonymous player talks about not wanting to confront Owens, because if Owens felt like he was backed into a corner, he'd just want to fight you or something.

Hugh Douglas would probably agree about the last part. What I can't get over, though, is how Owens is generating popular support for "his side" in the locker room. Like I said, this is so much like 2005, it's eerie. And some on that team think that Owens should get the ball more even though one byline on an ESPN points out that Witten is the more dependable receiver, while Owens is still getting more passes thrown his way:

Passes thrown to (this season) Owens 87, Witten 80
                  Passes caught (this season) Owens 43, Witten 57
                  Passes thrown to (last 3 seasons) Owens 336, Witten 286
                  Passes caught (last 3 seasons) Owens 186, Witten 201
                  Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

I think that this interview was right after their loss to Pittsburgh.

Terrell Owens, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Bill Parcells would've kicked the punk's ass right there.
                    — Michael Strahan

Comment

Lol.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Blow up, please blow up, I can't wait for a blow up. Maybe Santa will come early for me.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                          Blow up, please blow up, I can't wait for a blow up. Maybe Santa will come early for me.
                          Amen! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of douche bags.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                            Passes thrown to (this season) Owens 87, Witten 80
                            Passes caught (this season) Owens 43, Witten 57
                            Passes thrown to (last 3 seasons) Owens 336, Witten 286
                            Passes caught (last 3 seasons) Owens 186, Witten 201
                            Romo should post this in TO's locker.

Comment

More good news, from the Dallas Morning News...Terence Newman is dissing the coaches? Yikes.......

Phillips held a 30-minute meeting with the team before practice and told his players to focus on a season that is on the brink of disaster. He said a team is like a family, and if family members disagree, keep it in-house.

Marcus Spears, Bradie James, Keith Davis and Terrell Owens spoke to the group after Phillips.

"I think [the meeting] set everything straight as far as I'm concerned, and I think the players, too," Phillips said. "A lot of it is a non-issue, and a lot of players said the same things, so that's where we are."

Wideout Roy Williams concurred.

"It's [the media] trying to get this team divided, and we're not going to let it happen," Williams said. "We're going to stand strong."

Before the meeting, cornerback Terence Newman appeared on an ESPN show and said the coaches need to be held accountable, too.

"When coaches make mistakes around here, there's nothing said about it," Newman said on ESPN. "They just go and try to defuse it and try to put that blame on somebody else rather than owning up to it."

When asked Friday afternoon to elaborate, Newman didn't back off.

"If you preach accountability, you should at least adhere to it," he said. "So that's just my biggest thing."

Every player interviewed as well as Phillips said the team is not divided or distracted and that the meeting brought everyone together.

The drama started Monday when Owens, Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton had separate meetings with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett about the offense and whether Tony Romo targets Jason Witten more than others. Sources said several players are upset about Romo's practice habits, which the players say include forcing throws to Witten and throwing interceptions.

On Thursday night, it was revealed that Owens is concerned about the number of throws Witten is getting. ESPN reported that Owens is jealous of Witten. That same night, Owens said the reports are false.

As he left Valley Ranch on Friday afternoon, Owens maintained his stance.

"What do I have to be jealous of," Owens said. "Look at me. I'm handsome as hell."
                              — Michael Strahan

Comment

A Dallas implosion is the next best thing to an Eagles Super Bowl. I'm loving this.

Comment

Working...
                                X