The cancer that is TO.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
    A Dallas implosion is the next best thing to an Eagles Super Bowl. I'm loving this.

I have to agree. This is GREAT.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Another update:
      http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1091714.html

Here's the main highlight:
      "It’s a dead issue," receiver Patrick Crayton said.

It might be, but it didn’t come without a near altercation Friday between Owens and tight end Jason Witten in the Cowboys’ locker room. According to two sources, the two exchanged words before being separated. Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room. But Owens was still clearly miffed.

Which is why it’s not a dead issue and won’t be unless the Cowboys can pull together and not only beat the Giants but make a playoff run.

The issue "doesn’t matter if we win this week," linebacker Zach Thomas said.

Despite the best efforts of all those involved to dismiss, deny or downplay any and everything, it’s become apparent the loose semblance of control has unbuckled at Valley Ranch, and the fragility of a team of which so much is expected continues to crack. A season that should be about what happens on the field continues to be more about everything but.
      All of a sudden, their signing of Roy Williams starts to make some sense. If crap like this has been going on most of the season, then Owens has to be gone from that team after this year. Owens got a new contract and is overpaid, but, wtf?? Can they void any of it? Again, it's like 2005 all over again, only it's at Valley Ranch this time.
      Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-13-2008, 07:45 AM.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Hit him, please hit him. I can't wait for Witten to hit him. Maybe Santa will come early for me.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

And it keeps getting worse..........and now imagine if they lose on Sunday.......
          http://www.star-telegram.com/332/v-p...y/1091717.html

Highlight from this one - some players believe that it was Witten himself who leaked the controversy to the press:
          Luckily, Coach Cupcake says there is nothing to see. Never is. Even though the week began with Owner Jones questioning Marion Barber’s toughness and featured Coach Cupcake hacking off a few of his assistant coaches with his cowardly need to suddenly announce he calls defenses and ended with players accusing Witten of being the secret squirrel for reports of T.O.’s latest discontent.
          What has been lost in this latest he-said/T.O.-said jockudrama is the decent-size group of players on this team who hate this junk. They see another season in danger of slipping away, without a championship, and too many coaches and a certain owner kissing T.O. butt and pretending nothing is wrong.
          I had a former Cowboys official, a guy who had a ringside seat for plenty of T.O. histrionics, say Friday this is what drove Big Bill most crazy about T.O. It became Team T.O., and Parcells had to shut down whatever the controversy of the day was to get everybody focused back on Team Cowboys.
          And I remember a Cowgirls fan who told me that Bill Parcells resigned because Romo's fumble in the playoff game was "too heartbreaking" for him to continue coaching?? Really sounds more like, "Why am I putting up with this crap?"
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

I get a kick out of 'visiting/lurking' the Cowboyszone board. While many posters are condemning Owens and want him gone ASAP, it's amazing how many are still siding with him and blaming the media for creating the problems.

They shoor do grow some dumb muthafuckas down there in The Lone Star State!

Comment

This is sweet. All of the Cowboys fans who gloated while Owens tore the Niners/Eagles asunder and then cheered his arrival at Valley Ranch will now experience the bitter taste of Owens' poisoning of the well of Cowboys team unity.

Comment

Just read on PFT, that either Witten, or Witten's agent (who also represents Bill Parcells) was one of the several unnamed sources for the stories that appeared on ESPN and (originally) a Dallas newspaper. They're somehow "just suggesting" that Bill Parcells might have an interest in stirring things up, through his agent, just to cause problems for Owens.

I......just have a tough time buying that angle. Parcells has enough going on with the Dolphins, to go and direct his agent to do something that petty. Besides, it doesn't change what we've already heard, or mean that the stories were lies. The only difference is that the problems in their locker room -- and they're really weird Owens-caliber problems -- went public. I'm not sure that Owens and Witten would've gotten into a near-fight over something that his "agent" said.
                Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-13-2008, 03:57 PM.
                — Michael Strahan

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                  Just read on PFT, that either Witten, or Witten's agent (who also represents Bill Parcells) was one of the several unnamed sources for the stories that appeared on ESPN and (originally) a Dallas newspaper. They're somehow "just suggesting" that Bill Parcells might have an interest in stirring things up, through his agent, just to cause problems for Owens.

I......just have a tough time buying that angle. Parcells has enough going on with the Dolphins, to go and direct his agent to do something that petty. Besides, it doesn't change what we've already heard. The only difference is that the problems in their locker room -- and they're really weird Owens-caliber problems -- went public. I'm not sure that Owens and Witten would've gotten into a near-fight over something that his "agent" said.
                  The hits just keep on coming! If the agent angle has any credence, IMO it is more likely on Witten's instruction than Parcells'. To me it seems that Witten has more of a vested interest.

Comment

Specifics on the near-fight, from ESPN:
                    ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

What name do you guys think he called Witten? Company man? Beeyotch? Tony? Jessica? Jason?
                    — Michael Strahan

Comment

Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.
                      ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.
                      Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.
                      The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.
                      Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.
                      "Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."
                      The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.
                        "Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press.
                        You almost have to feel sorry for this spineless but basically decent football man. He was all but set up for failure by some of talented turds Jones signed with complete indifference to the concept of team chemistry. He made a pact with the Devil when he signed on to be Jerry Jones puppet! He is in now way over his head with some of the malcontent players and would appear to have little/no influence regarding any actions and decisions made by Jones, not to mention the lack of respect for Philips that Jones' unilateral moves have engendered among even the decent players.

The nice guy/players' coach stands to be the first guy to fall when Dallas again pulls their inevitable late season tank job.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                          Specifics on the near-fight, from ESPN:

What name do you guys think he called Witten? Company man? Beeyotch? Tony? Jessica? Jason?
                          ...Donovan? Jeff?

Comment

Give me a sideline punch or two with Witten and a side of a verbal shouting match with Romo. Maybe a touch of Phillips stepping in to help and getting a saliva bath. Now that is about the only reason to watch a punk ass giant/cowgirl game.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

The Dallas media is really pissed, as if you didn't know.

If you're tired of posts that ream out the Cowgirls, Owens, Jerrah, etc., then move along.

What's that, you're not? Ok...............he defends the media, basically saying "they're blaming us for creating this? Are you kidding?" He also didn't mention that Owens used the media to have an interview with Deion Sanders wearing a green shirt with an eagle logo on it, to complain about his lack of touches. But Owens can't have it both ways. He can't say and do controversial stuff, and then expect the media to leave him alone when a teammate says something like this.

Now let's see a loss by the Cowgirls and a win by the Eagles.......

Take a bit of the poison apple, Jerry, and see how it tastes

GIL LeBRETON
                              Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Always the drama.

But this is what you get when you employ a drama queen like Terrell Owens.

His adolescent tantrums must be tended to. His voracious ego must be fed.

With Terrell Owens, it is always about Terrell Owens, and the next teammate, agent, owner or head coach that tries to make you think otherwise is a fool.

A documented fool, as we now know, once and for all.

In the annals of this storied franchise, this past week was a new low — a star player accusing the young quarterback of purposely ignoring him and then heatedly arguing with the team’s Pro Bowl tight end, all as the Dallas Cowboys were supposed to be preparing for a game that could make or break their season.

Hourly reports on ESPN. The lead item on all the national sports shows. Owens’ gasbag agent, Drew Rosenhaus, going on TV to say, "There really wasn’t any controversy whatsoever."

What’s next? A Cowboys skit on Saturday Night Live?

How embarrassing. Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Clint Murchison must be turning in their graves.

But this is what you invite when you bite into a poison apple like Owens. The Cowboys have loyal legions of fans by the millions. But the rest of the nation’s sports fans laughed at the franchise all week.

Nice job, Jerry Jones. Nice signing of Owens. Nice hiring of Wade Phillips, the den master coach. Nice train wreck of a season, after all the lofty expectations and after so much of Jones’ money spent.

Of course, they are blaming the media for all this. Jones and Phillips want you to believe that the TV cameras in Pittsburgh didn’t really show Owens berating assistant coach Ray Sherman as he came off the field. They want you to think that three receivers marching into Jason Garrett’s office to complain about the quarterback is business as usual. And they want you to ignore the fact that Rosenhaus, Owens’ insufferable apologist, confirmed the whole thing.

Always the drama.

But this is what happens when money is no object and the owner assembles a cast of characters without regard for how the personalities might mesh.

There are lots of good guys, solid professionals, to be found in the Cowboys’ locker room, and the list starts with Jason Witten, the alleged ball-hogging tight end.

But when Rosenhaus goes on ESPN and says, "I think Terrell has been a model professional," I can’t help but laugh.

Owens is a self-obsessed fool with a persecution complex. He seems to think everyone is against him, and now his list includes Witten and Tony Romo.

Jones has held the belief that the volume of well-behaved characters in the locker room would self-police the occasional odd malcontent.
                              That only works, however, if the team has strong leaders and a head coach with a backbone. [Me personally, I'm not sure what coach could handle this guy]

Without leaders, the odd bug can grow into a virus, and soon you’re in the third-to-last week of the season and, instead of calling a team meeting to discuss the New York Giants, you’re circling the wagons to get your stories straight.

Ridiculously, the question of the week remains unaddressed. Owens still seems to think he doesn’t get the football enough.

As Rosenhaus told ESPN, "I think everyone in the NFL would agree that you need to open up this offense."

No, I think everyone would agree that Owens needs to shut up. A few words to that effect from Phillips, Romo or Garrett would have helped.
                              But, no, let’s blame the media. Let’s say there’s nothing wrong, but yet have a team meeting to discuss it.

And let’s say the team meeting was good and cleared the air, but then Witten and Owens had to be separated in the locker room.

The media is making it all up? Nobody could make this stuff up.

Phillips’ meek attempts to soft-pedal the controversy have soiled what little credibility he had left. Cornerback Terence Newman added another log onto that fire this week when he claimed that the coaches sometimes pass the blame, rather than share it.

Wow. Will the last happy camper at Valley Ranch please turn out the lights?

But this is what you get when you sign, pay and empower a self-absorbed, not- very-smart crybaby like Owens.

Always the drama. How embarrassing.
                              Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM.
                              — Michael Strahan

Comment

Honky.
                                Last edited by leifdawg; 12-14-2008, 12:29 PM.
                                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X