No announcement yet.

We're not going to the White House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish everyone would stop calling this a "political issue." The players fight isn't over politics. I'm a little shocked that people are calling "a fight and protest for human rights" to be political. A movement in support of human decency shouldn't have a political divide. I think what has confused people into thinking this is a political issue is that most Trump supporters and GOP voters don't care a whole lot about equal rights for minorities, or even refuse to admit that there is a clear advantage for white males. So for those people it appears political because most of the people in support of the players' plight are anti-Trump people.

It's interesting to me because we can blasted with all kinds of things to raise awareness when watching Sports - the most prominent one being cancer - and no one blinks an eye. Why don't we tell the NFL to shut up already with their constant messages about cancer? "I don't turn on the NFL to be reminded about cancer! Raise awareness for cancer on your own time!" Suppose players who thought we weren't doing enough for cancer decided to raise their fist in the air during the anthem? Would we tell them to shut the F up and protest on their own time? Of course not. So why are so many people "offended" when they want to raise awareness for basic human rights?

Comment

LMAO--- This has gone from "we aren't going to the WH" to a total review of the situation from Kaperdicks first kneel. Love it.

They didn't go to the WH cause they tried to (for those who seem to be hung up on the word politics) bring their "social protest" where it didn't belong... and Trump called them on it. You don't have the Secret Service arrange and vet for 80 people only to find out that maybe 6 were gonna show up. Glad he did it!

Would humbly suggest that if you want a thread that deals with the whole "social" issue and right to protest... I suggest you start a thread here on that topic or start one on the Misc board.

PS.... Quite frankly I hope this puts an end to this type of visit to the WH., forever. If athletes can not go for the sake of the honor then they should not go and the invites should stop. It is NOT and NEVER was a platform for "social" topics and "perceived social injustices" to be about, until the athletes decide it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        LMAO--- This has gone from "we aren't going to the WH" to a total review of the situation from Kaperdicks first kneel. Love it.

They didn't go to the WH cause they tried to (for those who seem to be hung up on the word politics) bring their "social protest" where it didn't belong... and Trump called them on it. You don't have the Secret Service arrange and vet for 80 people only to find out that maybe 6 were gonna show up. Glad he did it!

Would humbly suggest that if you want a thread that deals with the whole "social" issue and right to protest... I suggest you start a thread here on that topic or start one on the Misc board.

PS.... Quite frankly I hope this puts an end to this type of visit to the WH., forever. If athletes can not go for the sake of the honor then they should not go and the invites should stop. It is NOT and NEVER was a platform for "social" topics and "perceived social injustices" to be about, until the athletes decide it should be.
        I don’t see how you can “bring” something to a place that you’re not going. I think most of them just didn’t want to go because they don’t respect the host. He did after all call them unpatriotic SOBs.
        Do you really think 74 of 80 aren’t going for “social justice/political” reasons?
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          I don’t see how you can “bring” something to a place that you’re not going. I think most of them just didn’t want to go because they don’t respect the host. He did after all call them unpatriotic SOBs.
          Do you really think 74 of 80 aren’t going for “social justice/political” reasons?
          Hmm, isn't their hatred of Trump a political reason? The point being they told them that 80 were going then tried to make it 6, the day before.

And once again the point of it ALL was a celebration -- not a referendum on Trump or any social issue or protest.

Again I hope this puts an end to this tradition-- I do not want or care what the "social" feeling of my players is--- I only care about them when they play football.

Comment

Kelce said it best. We didn’t go out to win the Super Bowl so we could go to the White House. When Reagan started this he knew it was to celebrate the Teans accomplishment and was a reward

The current administration has turned it into being about them. With a pinch of “Nah nah nah, I love this country more than you” like a child would do on the playground. They really ought to just do away with it under thisPresident

Comment

What is the going money on the Capitals being at the WH? My guess is they go
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Well, at least the American guys anyway.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  Kelce said it best. We didn’t go out to win the Super Bowl so we could go to the White House. #1 When Reagan started this he knew it was to celebrate the Teans accomplishment and was a reward

#2The current administration has turned it into being about them. With a pinch of “Nah nah nah, I love this country more than you” like a child would do on the playground. They really ought to just do away with it under thisPresident
                  #1, This is True, and it was set up to celebrate and reward.

#2. Total Bullshit! The administration, despite not being great fans of the NFL right now, still made the same gracious off to celebrate and reward. The Team and Players--- CHOSE--- to Change it from reward and celebration to -- A. We don't like you. B. We don't like your politics. C. We don't like your stand on our "social" issues stance. D. So FU Mr. President and the WH you live in.

They didn't have the balls to just say we don't want to come --- no, they tell the WH that in fact 80 or so would be coming and then after all the Secret Service business and the planning is done THEY say FU again and 2 players and a mascot will show up -- unless you can cancel your summit with NOKO. The Administration STILL allowed this to proceed and welcomed them--- right up to the last FU Mr. President.

They are now the undisputed facts in the "WH" non visit.

Oh and BTW people booed and disapproved the kneeling during the anthem--- long before Trump gave his opinion. While he may have spear headed the national debate further--- every single poll ever taken supported HIS stance, NOT the Players---- that this was the wrong way to protest a perceived social injustice. Nobody including the President has ever said they don't have the right-- just in almost all minds it was the wrong way.

So please stop trying to shift blame to Trump for the Players decision to make this instead of being a Reward and Celebration to a personalized, polarizing debacle. It was neither the time or place.

Again I hope this tradition goes by the wayside as I do not want my Football (or other sports) to try and make this into some "social or personal platform".

Disclaimer # 65781--- Still love me some Eagles football, all day and everyday--- just not social issues and the any player or team using their status on preaching to me on how I SHOULD look at things or how I SHOULD live my life--- Play football and STFU. (insert Media and Movie stars in with the word Football players) And yes they have a rights-- so do I.

Comment

we COMPLETELY will have to agree to disagree

Gee MD, maybe players don't like him because he called them Sons of Bitches? That't not exactly seeing in the middle and talking now is it.

Do you know for an undisputed fact that 80 players said they would go? Or was it that 80 players got clearance to come to the White House with security. I think it's an absolute lie that they claim 80 players said they would come. I mean, how many times has any sports team ever sent everyone? FAKE NEWS right back at ya Huckabee Hound. LOL

face it, only the Pats went (25 of them - which did bother Trump) because Bob Kraft donated a mill to the Trump inauguration

"maybe" Jerrah would have gone?

other than that, no other NFL team would have stood a chance of going had they won the title. It was fixed the whole time that Trump was going to cancel. Kind of like when Pence spent the money to fly to the Colts game and left immediately. As if he didn't know players may kneel.

and no NBA team is going to go either. Trump will leave them alone, because they will crucify him

Comment

The NBA?? The NBA that has a rule in place that says all the players have to stand during the anthem?? That NBA??? I was arguing with a friend about this stuff the other day, and I asked him, "If the NFL is violating the players rights by not allowing them to kneel for the anthem, isn't the NBA doing the same thing?" Well, they already had a rule in place, you know. That apparently makes all the difference in the world. I'm sure Trump will be crushed that the NBA champs won't be visiting the white house. Crushed. As will his supporters.

To me this all goes back to Kaepernick. He's the face of the kneeling. When asked why he was doing it, he said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Nobody is saying that there aren't some issues with law enforcement, although I prefer to look at actual statistics, as opposed to media created narratives. But maybe, just maybe, I'd be a little more open to Colin's "protesting" if he was actually a victim of some kind of oppression by his country. I'm sorry, but it just seems a bit wrong to me to be protesting a country that affords you the opportunity to earn millions of dollars for playing a kids game. And, allows you to openly make statements like Kap's without throwing you in a gulag, while wearing a Che' T-shirt no less.

And people wonder why fans don't like the players kneeling. Well, there you go. And, MD is exactly right. The players own this. It's their baby. Trump is an asshole, and I wish he would have stayed out of it, but guess what, a good portion of the fans apparently agree with him, because they have given up on the sport. For some reason, the fans just don't like the sight of pampered millionaires making their political protests when they, the fans, are footing the bill. And, I don't blame them one bit.
                      Last edited by Eaglebreath; 06-08-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                        we COMPLETELY will have to agree to disagree

Gee MD, maybe players don't like him because he called them Sons of Bitches? That't not exactly seeing in the middle and talking now is it.

Do you know for an undisputed fact that 80 players said they would go? Or was it that 80 players got clearance to come to the White House with security. I think it's an absolute lie that they claim 80 players said they would come. I mean, how many times has any sports team ever sent everyone? FAKE NEWS right back at ya Huckabee Hound. LOL

face it, only the Pats went (25 of them - which did bother Trump) because Bob Kraft donated a mill to the Trump inauguration

"maybe" Jerrah would have gone?

other than that, no other NFL team would have stood a chance of going had they won the title. It was fixed the whole time that Trump was going to cancel. Kind of like when Pence spent the money to fly to the Colts game and left immediately. As if he didn't know players may kneel.

and no NBA team is going to go either. Trump will leave them alone, because they will crucify him
                        OMG-- Let me try this point by point... See, I use logic not emotion.
                        Follow the bouncing ball.....

1. He didn't call the Eagles SOB's, he referred to those that did kneel. So you are wrong there. 1A. He was using the SOB as in everyday language not some parsed out semantic Bill Clinton is is is. 1B. The media tried to turn that into WW3 by trying to make it LITERAL and not colloquial.

2. The FACT is the WH was told that 80 people would be showing up, that's a fact. I never ever said that each player said yes or 80 people were actually asked. The TEAM told the WH 80 would be there --- so YES it is a fact-- You are wrong again. And it is not a "lie" and the Team has never disputed this fact.

3. Actually many teams have sent the entire teams (available players) and coaches and office people--- this tradition just didn't start in the last 10 years in case you didn't know this. And yes some times the whole teams did not attend, but I didn't like it then either, whether it was "me Too" Clinton or Obozo.

4. As for the NBA, I have no idea if they will be invited or not or if they will refuse to go--- BUT they stand for the National Anthem not kneel. They have a Rule.

5. I have lillte understanding of what your point is in most of the rest of the rant, Pence and Jones and the rest.

The bottom line is this -- read closely please--- As much animosity there is and was between the NFL and the NFL players and Trump--- He STILL went ahead and made the invite!!!! He could have just as easily said FU to the NFL for the kneeling thing in general. But he didn't--- He invited them for the "Reward and Celebration". He prepared for 80 people---- that is a hard fact, sorry if you can not accept the truth--- and they --- the DAY before-- said Nah Nah Ne Nahna--- we ain't comin. The tried to make a statement, use the platform, and Trump said "I don't think so".

Why we didn't go to the WH is 100% on the players and the Eagles team. Anybody that can not understand this is one of two things, really really dumb(no, I'm not calling anyone or their opinion dumb-- it is colloquial) OR so full of TDS that they can't see past their nose. And I'll say it again--- MOST fans agree with Trump on this kneeling issue.

Personally Trump IMM is an Egomaniac Asshole--- but to get where he has gotten that is probably what it takes. You don't know him, I don't know him, what I do know is the media is total horseshit-- on both sides.
                        Last edited by MDFAN; 06-08-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          The NBA?? The NBA that has a rule in place that says all the players have to stand during the anthem?? That NBA??? I was arguing with a friend about this stuff the other day, and I asked him, "If the NFL is violating the players rights by not allowing them to kneel for the anthem, isn't the NBA doing the same thing?" Well, they already had a rule in place, you know. That apparently makes all the difference in the world. I'm sure Trump will be crushed that the NBA champs won't be visiting the white house. Crushed. As will his supporters.

To me this all goes back to Kaepernick. He's the face of the kneeling. When asked why he was doing it, he said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Nobody is saying that there aren't some issues with law enforcement, although I prefer to look at actual statistics, as opposed to media created narratives. But maybe, just maybe, I'd be a little more open to Colin's "protesting" if he was actually a victim of some kind of oppression by his country. I'm sorry, but it just seems a bit wrong to me to be protesting a country that affords you the opportunity to earn millions of dollars for playing a kids game. And, allows you to openly make statements like Kap's without throwing you in a gulag, while wearing a Che' T-shirt no less.

And people wonder why fans don't like the players kneeling. Well, there you go. And, MD is exactly right. The players own this. It's their baby. Trump is an asshole, and I wish he would have stayed out of it, but guess what, a good portion of the fans apparently agree with him, because they have given up on the sport. For some reason, the fans just don't like the sight of pampered millionaires making their political protests when they, the fans, are footing the bill. And, I don't blame them one bit.
                          1st Kaperedick quote tells you all you need to know-- he was not going to "stand up and show pride in a flag"-- then gives his reasons- and that is fine--- BUT hundreds of millions of Americans have a right to judge whether they support his reasons or not. Hundreds of Millions of Americans DO think that flag stands for the entire country and all the blood lost to keep this country free so that he can get his 5 minutes of shame using that spotlight to to promote a questionable social issue that has NOTHING to do with football, the flag or the patrons. Like I said I have never ever heard of someone, even Trump, saying he doesn't have the right--- but the rest of us have rights also.

2nd--- You mean I'm not the Lone ranger??? LMAO (I know from the many E-mails that I'm not alone, so thanks guys.)

Comment

Working...
                          X