A few observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few observations

First... how funny is it that the NFL add where that finger goes into the meeting rooms, locker rooms, etc. shows Mcnabb and Shanny sitting at a table. Do you think that was video from Shanny telling McNabb he was benching him for the year?

If you project the seedings here is the way I think this will go:

1. Atlanta - we just can't catch them.
    2. Philly - If we win out and finish 12-4 I think it is a lock we will be the 2 seed.
    3. Chicago - Even if they beat the Vikings this next week they are going to play a Jets team after a short week and then travel to Green Bay so I think at best they finish 11-5. If we win out, I think we will be the 2 seed.
    4. St. Louis - And if you look at their record it is a safe bet they will be 7-9 doing it.
    5. New Orleans
    6. Green Bay - I think if they beat the Giants next week then they will have the head to head with them and at 10-6 and tied with the Giants that would leave them out of the playoffs.

So, that would mean Green Bay travels to Chicago and New Orleans travels to St. Louis... which would mean that we would likely play either the Bears or the Saints. Man would I love a shot at the Saints in our gym but it would be nice to play Cutler on our field also.

This is a lot of projection here but I think it could go down that way.

Also some quick hits:

Where was Lindley today?
    Coleman played pretty well I thought.
    Avant is a stud stud stud.

Finally.
    ANDY YOU NEED TO DO TWO THINGS. 1 RUN THE DAMN BALL. 2 HIRE SOMEBODY TO TELL YOU HOW TO USE TIMEOUTS AND WHEN TO CHALLENGE BECAUSE AFTER 10 YEARS YOU STILL HAVE NO CLUE EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE GREAT AT ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

The one team I'd rather not see make the playoffs from the NFC is Green Bay, or more accurately I don't want to see the Eagles facing them.

Comment

Cannot believe STL will get the 4th seed with a 7-9 record, really the NFL should be ashamed as themselves...like the BCS it is a bad joke

I think the Giants make the playoffs...they finish 11-5 since they have 2 pretty easy games (Packers with Flynn should be a win for them) and have enough character to get off the mat

Reid/Marty did run the ball and McCoy did a good job, its never going to be enough for some fans, but we did win the game after all by Passing

I thought he handled the timeouts well saving time when the Giants had the ball with 4 mins and giving us a chance to come back which thankfully we did...

The challenge he admitted he goofed on, but again we won so who the fuck cares...negadelphia is not going to ruin this night

I want that 2 seed and right now I want Chicago....in the Flyers honor, we are going to massacre them at the Linc, no way they play the perfect game like they did in the Windy City again
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
        The one team I'd rather not see make the playoffs from the NFC is Green Bay, or more accurately I don't want to see the Eagles facing them.
        I would rather play Green Bay then have to play the Giants again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post

The challenge he admitted he goofed on, but again we won so who the fuck cares...negadelphia is not going to ruin this night

Ok sure, but if we lose a playoff game because of a goofed challenge or timeout, will posidelphia get us through that night?

I think AW is well within his rights to question that awful (non) challenge, one which might have cost us the game if not for some huge heroics from Vick and DJ.

Comment

VFK - we did win, so I am not trying to be a wet blanket. But i will say that I agree with Buck here (sorry, it's true), that it's probably wise to save at least 1 TO until the 2 minute warning so you can challenge. I get the theory of using them all up front, but it's really going to tick people off if there's a bad call by a ref that we can't even challenge (and let's face it, bad ref calls happen way too frequently).

that said, I'm so happy this morning it's insane. Thank you Big Red, Vick, offense, Desean and Avant (did you see that block Avant laid down on the last defender on the punt return?) ...

Comment

Remember the last time a call went OUR way because the opposing team was left without a TO to challenge? Atlanta. I laughed at Mike Smith then.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                Ok sure, but if we lose a playoff game because of a goofed challenge or timeout, will posidelphia get us through that night?

I think AW is well within his rights to question that awful (non) challenge, one which might have cost us the game if not for some huge heroics from Vick and DJ.
                And some great calls by Reid, Marty and April too....hey people can be as negative as they want to be, just do not expect me to join them after a historic win

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
                  VFK - we did win, so I am not trying to be a wet blanket. But i will say that I agree with Buck here (sorry, it's true), that it's probably wise to save at least 1 TO until the 2 minute warning so you can challenge. I get the theory of using them all up front, but it's really going to tick people off if there's a bad call by a ref that we can't even challenge (and let's face it, bad ref calls happen way too frequently).

that said, I'm so happy this morning it's insane. Thank you Big Red, Vick, offense, Desean and Avant (did you see that block Avant laid down on the last defender on the punt return?) ...
                  Its really a flip of the coin....if he keeps one for a hypothetical challenge, then the Giants are able to run the clock down by another chunk and we may not have time to score enough to pts to get back into the game...I'd rather go with the moment at hand when we know we have to save time than base it on a possible issue that may never happen....I think its mostly a percentage call and no real right or wrong...of course if we had lost, people would be screaming at Reid for not stopping the clock when he could...

-Andy Reid

Comment

It also makes sense to keep one timeout, because it allows the offense to explore the middle of the field or use a running play on a drive. With no timeouts, the offense is mostly limited to sidelines plays and it allows the defense to adjust accordingly.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Even when we challenge bad calls, the call on the field usually stands

Comment

Working...
                      X