Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    My comments to this are:

1) Every team should have a game situations coach and honestly this could be a seasoned fan that would look at the replays and determine the likelihood of it being overturned. I wouldn't trust an ex-official as they still have a dog in the fight I think. I don't trust that Perera guy that Fox trots out there because I think there are certain guys he doesn't like that he wants to show up and guys that he likes that he doesn't want to second guess. Coaches would never agree to this because most of them are know-it-alls who think fans are stupid but a guy like myself that has watched literally thousands of hours of NFL games (a.) knows how timeouts should be used as good if not better than coaches and (b.) knows the likelihood of a challenge working better than they do.
    2. I'm not surprised that the Giants were monkeying with the replays. They are cheaters. Someone - possibly from this board - reported that in 2000 the Giants were supposedly listening in on McNabb's back-and-forth with the sideline during the playoff game that we lost. So a replay issue with the Giants involved wouldn't surprise me one bit.

3. On the Nicks catch that wasn't a catch. Fox was really slow in getting a replay of the catch. First they showed how the Giants Hall of Fame line did a great job protecting Manning from like 3 different angles and then they showed the catch that wasn't a catch literally 5 seconds before the next play so you can't blame Andy there. Fox was late on that replay which is horseshit because it was clearly a close catch that they should've replayed right away.

4. Peter King is a douche bag.
    I agree 100 per cent here AW. I coached varsity football, basketball and baseball over the years at the high school level. One thing that I learned over the years is that you x and o things to death, but sometimes you miss the obvious stuff. That's why you have assistants, and it's why you have "helpers"(you know, those volunteer people that just want to be around). I can't tell you how many stupid little things happened or they pointed out that I said to them(or myself) "you know what, you're right".
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
    X