Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think that we end up with this guy

NFL free agency rumors: Eagles interested in WR Kenny Britt, report says

The free agency legal tampering period begins in the NFL on Tuesday but according to an ESPN report, the Eagles could already have their sights set on a veteran wide receiver.

According to ESPN's Tim McManus, the Eagles are interested in signing former Los Angeles Rams and impending free agent Kenny Britt.

From McManus' report, citing league sources:

Britt had a career year (68 catches, 1,002 yards, five TDs) for the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 while working with Mike Groh, who is now the Eagles' receivers coach. The two grew tight during their year together in Los Angeles, so a reunion would likely be welcomed on both sides. Britt could also be drawn to the type of quarterback stability that Carson Wentz is expected to provide after being with one QB after the next during his eight-year career.

The Eagles are in the market for multiple wide receivers this offseason and are exploring all available avenues, including free agency, the trade market and the draft. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that they are potential trade suitors for New Orleans Saints wideout Brandin Cooks.

Eagles could target 2 FA WRs

Eagles could target 2 FA WRs

NFL Free agency is set to open Thursday and according to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Eagles could swoop in and add two veteran wide receivers before turning their attention to other needs in April's NFL Draft.

It is no secret that the Eagles aim to bolster the wide receiver corps this offseason and Britt has the size to be a physical red-zone threat in the passing game.

Given the fact that the Eagles enter Tuesday with just $8.68 million in cap space prior to free agency opening, Britt would also represent the type of second-tier free agent that executive vice president Howie Roseman and Co. will likely need to target in an offseason where only the Chargers, Chiefs and Cowboys have less spending flexibility.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I'm sure the birds are looking at the entire crop. IMM there are a couple of the same ilk that could fill the need. Question is going to be who is willing to come to Philly and at what price. My hope would be that someone would see Philly as a better opportunity because of Wentz and maybe they would be willing to take a contract favorable to both parties.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I like Britt but don't see him as a number 1 wide out. He has a history with Groh and I think that helps. At the right price I am fine with him, he would be a nice upgrade on the outside for us. Then in the draft they pick up another WR. If they go Round 1 Williams or Davis they have their starter opposite Britt. If they don't then they bring in a guy like Godwin or Westbrook or somebody like that and they compete with DGB and Agholor and the best man wins the job.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

He would certainly be an upgrade over the starting pair we had last year and he has some size. With limited space. who goes so we can make some real improvements?

Comment

He's no #1 for sure but certainly solid. I wouldn't be surprised if Godwin now goes in late rd 1 either. Britt and Matthews would be OK and if we draft another we could be fairly decent. I wouldn't be shocked if Matthews got traded either at some point.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X