Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pre free agency Mock draft

Pre free agency signing mock draft.
    I do these based on best available at a position of top 5 need. The Eagles they have needs at just about every position.

Round 1 Pick 14: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
    Round 2 Pick 11: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah
    Round 3 Pick 10: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
    Round 4 Pick 12: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
    Round 4 Pick 32 (COMP): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
    Round 5 Pick 11: DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville
    Round 6 Pick 10: Darreus Rogers, WR, Southern California
    Round 7 Pick 12: Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

Two corners, two WR, a OT that can step in for Peters in 2018, a good rotational back in Hunt and a couple of rotational defensive lineman.

I think Tabor starts days one alongside a vet free agent. Godwin could start day one alongside a vet depending on the outcome of the competition between DBG, Agholor and Godwin. I really like Darreus Rodgers as a late round guy who could easily push Turner and Treggs out. Kareem Hunt teams with Smallwood and Sproles to bring a solid running game. Brown and Hall are rotational guys who bring depth to the defensive line.

Overall you can't do everything in the draft and free agency. This however starts to bring long term solutions (3 plus years) to LT, CB and WR. IF we can come out of the draft that way it will be successful
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I hope Godwin lasts until the 3rd round because I think that would be a steal. He can go anywhere between the first and 3rd round after the combine. He just really came on the second half last year. I hope that we get him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He is part of a group of about 10 receivers, guys like Zay Jones, Dede Westbrooke. Schuster Smith etc. that will go anywhere from the high 2nd round through the mid 3rd round. I am hoping and praying he lasts to the high third round because I think he is a good fit for the Eagles.

Comment

I think Tabor is going to drop after that 40 time.

I was hoping we'd be staring at Sidney Jones but I think he will be gone by then.

I'd like to move back out of 14 and get another pick in the top 50 to do it.

I'd also like that second round pick to either be Tankersley or Jabrill Peppers. I think both of those guys are difference makers on the defensive side of the ball.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

I was hoping we'd be staring at Sidney Jones but I think he will be gone by then.

I'd also like that second round pick to either be Tankersley or Jabrill Peppers. I think both of those guys are difference makers on the defensive side of the ball.
          I am not that into combine 40 times, the guy had plenty of game speed and I think he is a real good fit for our defense. Day one starter.

Sidney Jones is not going to be there at 14 I would have picked him over Tabor.

As far as trading back looking back at the trade backs the Eagles have made over the years they never seem to work out (see Smith,Marcus) so at this point I am for staying put and just take the best available player at 14.

Neither Tankersly or Peppers will be there at our pick in round 2.

Comment

Love the kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Love the kid!

Friends don't let friends draft tweeners, Popper.

Say no to Peppers.

Comment

Peppers is not a tweener at all. He is a strong safety with elite movement skills and bad intentions that would never have to come off the field.

Taz I agree with you on 40 times but a 4.6 makes people reevaluate him specific to long speed. And he will drop some is all I am saying. If you want him you do t have to take him at 14.

Sidney Jones cemented himself as the #1 corner IMO.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Peppers is not a tweener at all. He is a strong safety with elite movement skills and bad intentions that would never have to come off the field.

Taz I agree with you on 40 times but a 4.6 makes people reevaluate him specific to long speed. And he will drop some is all I am saying. If you want him you do t have to take him at 14.

Sidney Jones cemented himself as the #1 corner IMO.
                  Some of the best corners to play the game ran 4.6, its more about hip movement, hand checking at the line and ball skills with corners. Tabor has very good hip movement, can play physical and has good ball skills. Love the kid have him as the 3rd best corner in the draft behind Lattimore and Jones. Right there with Humphry, Wilson and Adoree Jackson. I just prefer Tabor. If you said Jackson or Humphry instead I wouldn't agrue.

Comment

They could draft a CB in the last rd and he would be better than what we saw last year
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

EB, these DCs have to change their thinking and start thinking hybrids the way teams throw the ball now. I love Peppers.

Comment

not a fan of Tabor.

would love Dalvin Cook, Derek Barnett, Corey Davis or Mike Williams at #14

but they may all be gone by then

Comment

Peppers is going to be a stud safety in this league! I'd love him to replace McLeod, but doubt we do it

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                            Peppers is going to be a stud safety in this league! I'd love him to replace McLeod, but doubt we do it
                            Yup. Having too many players is never a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              Yup. Having too many players is never a problem.
                              When was the last time we had too many players ?
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X