T.O's book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz
    The sad thing is thinking what could have been if he would have changed. Donnie to TO would have been dominant for YEARS.
    If they would've won the SB, they couldve been elected mayor on write in votes alone.

Comment

As one of the biggest DM fans, I will try to be very objective on this. I think there IS TRUTH to this quote, just that it is not being explained properly. Here is my thinking.

After TO marched up and down the sideline yapping in Donnie's ear, a coach was asked to "try" to get through to TO the importance of supporting DM and not becoming a problem. In doing so, TO was probably asked to try to be Donnie's friend, not coach. Obviously, TO gets all of his translations from his message boards, so people like GMan and Chief were probably telling him that he didn't need to be anyone's friend, he needed to, "tell it like it is"....TO is great, Donnie sucks.

The coaching staff had to figure out a way to defuse the TO antics and having the WR coach was probably the best method at that time. TO not giving the background and coach just shows that he is going to say it exactly how he, Chief and GMan agreed to say it.
      Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        You know what? This isn't going to be a popular opinion around here but I absolutely think McNabb was jealous of the adulation that TO got in Philly. Think about it... in YEAR 1.. we LOVED TO. There were maybe 10 people in all of Philly that didn't like him.
        OK. Fans complained that DM screwed up by not being tough enough and by not tellig TO to STFU, right? So, now we find out that TO CRIED about not getting the ball in a blowout, so Donnie told him to . And now tht is interpreted as, "DM is jealous"?

I think DM was TIRED of the BS and told TO what every QB should tell a prima dona who is turing a victory into a bitch session. ANd it makes sense why TO HAD to come back from that injury....because HE did not want the Iggles to win it without him. He wanted all the glory. He still is trying to squeeze glory out of it by calling himself Willis Reed. And by blaming Donnie, he wants us to believe that DM blew the Superbowl so TO could not be the hero. I'm serious. This guy is so dillusional, he probably thinks DM did it on purpose. He now want us to believe his dillusions. And he has SF twisted. Can we get an emoticon where someone is getting thrown out of a door.....a good riddance emoticon?
        Pedro

Comment

In the Balto-Eaglefan's thread on Owen's book, Phil Sheridan refers to Owens as having the mindset of an average 4 year old. He's right on the money with that observation. For whatever reason(s), Owen's emotional development stopped in early chilhood. He will ALWAYS be an emotional child.

We Bird fans held the hope that his troubles in 'Frisco were not ALL of his doing and that he, LIKE MOST ADULTS, would have learned something from whatever mistakes that he recognized, in retrospect, that he had made. We fans, and apparently the Eagles FO, wanted so badly what Owens can bring to the field, that we persuaded ourselves that he'd "grown up" enough to be a decent teammate as well as a brilliant receiver.

But therein lies the flaw in logic. Owens is NOT an adult and CAN'T grow up! He's locked in childhood, where everything is always someone else's fault and where people who tell us things we don't want to hear, do so not for our own good, but because they don't like us.

Do typical five year olds modulate their reaction to disappointment and frustration? Do they thoughtfully weigh alternative choices when none match up with their self-centered desires? Do they recognize the feelings of others as being important? Can they step outside a situation and see things from a playmate's or parent's perspective? Can they grasp the concept of sacrifice for the larger good of their family or friends? They can't, and we don't expect them to...they're five year olds.

Bill Parcells may be a brilliant tactician and a skillful handler of "men". We'll soon get to see what kind of a kindergaten teacher he'd make. And Bill, for what it's worth, the Eagles have already demonstrated that "time out" is not an effective intervention with little Terrell.

Comment

tino, that is a truly spectacular post! I wouldn't expect to see something that "heavy" written in the Daily News, but that's really good stuff!
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Agreed. Great post tino.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
              X