Starters' jobs up for grabs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saratoga
    When this thread has stuck to the topic, it has been very interesting.

And when this OL has struggled with the run, it has more to do with AR's personel discisions, play calling and Westy's tendancy to break runs to the outside.

The other problem was Hicks and Fraley getting whupped on the pass rush. Andy took too long addressing the Center problem, and when Bentley signed with Cleveland... they had to revert to Plan C.
    [-o< for Jackson or someone else to blossom.

Not to mention our sucky FB.

Plan C? What was Plan B?

And I think you're too generous with the OL blaming the runblocking problems all on Reid or Westbrook. I mean I guess you can blame Hicks and Fraley on Reid, but both of them really took a step backwards in '05.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
      Plan C? What was Plan B?

And I think you're too generous with the OL blaming the runblocking problems all on Reid or Westbrook. I mean I guess you can blame Hicks and Fraley on Reid, but both of them really took a step backwards in '05.
      Plan B was Bentley. Hicks and Fraley's performance was Reid's responsibility as the head honcho of personnel.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
        Originally posted by IMK
        Plan C? What was Plan B?

Plan B was Bentley. Hicks and Fraley's performance was Reid's responsibility as the head honcho of personnel.
        Well sure he's responsible to an extent, but it doesn't absolve the players completely. If Hicks and Fraley had performed the way they did in 2004, things wouldn't have been nearly so bad. Hicks in particular just fell apart in '05.

Comment

The title of this thread is starters jobs up for grabs. The 2 O lineman's jobs that are "up for grabs" are Fraley's and Herreman's. I think Fraley keeps his, but in any event is in zero jeopardy of not making the team. Think about it. You don't go from being a 5 year starter to unemployed at his age. Herremans, however, could be in trouble if all the young guys step up quickly. There will be quite a few people competing for that guard spot.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This thread is just going round in circles. I've already cast my vote for Herremans stays as a no brainer. What are a little more taxing and undiscussed are the brain teasers involving our Safeties. Dawk, Lewis and Mikell are all at the end of their contracts. Doesn't anyone smell smoke in this woodpile. Just maybe they should be looking over their shoulders at Considine and the Ware boys Matt and Scott. I would not be surprised to see Considine (FS) and Matt Ware (SS) get some increasing reps as the year goes on. This could be a transition year for our secondary. Could Scott Ware also step up into Mikell's ST and backup slot?

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
              This thread is just going round in circles. I've already cast my vote for Herremans stays as a no brainer. What are a little more taxing and undiscussed are the brain teasers involving our Safeties. Dawk, Lewis and Mikell are all at the end of their contracts. Doesn't anyone smell smoke in this woodpile. Just maybe they should be looking over their shoulders at Considine and the Ware boys Matt and Scott. I would not be surprised to see Considine (FS) and Matt Ware (SS) get some increasing reps as the year goes on. This could be a transition year for our secondary. Could Scott Ware also step up into Mikell's ST and backup slot?
              Maybe you should make this a new thread. You get bonus points for threads started.....t made GMan a rockstar... in his own mind.
              Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                Moved and started in new thread!

Comment

Working...
                X